Having X versions of one song is not uncommon in the Japanese music scene. Take Two-Mix, for example. They became famous for the songs "Just Communication" and "Rhythm Emotion" from Mobile Suit Gundam Wing, and nearly every album they released has a remix or re-recording of either or both songs. Another example is May J, who has recorded at least four versions of "Let It Go ~ Ari no Mama de".

And let's face it - Macross, as a whole, is guilty of churning out X versions of one song:

• Three versions of "Runner"
  • Four versions of "Voices" (if you count the cello version of "Myung Theme")
  • Too many remixes of Fire Bomber songs to mention
  • Two versions of "Arkan"
  • Too many remixes of Sheryl Nome and Ranka Lee songs to mention.

More like anime's Gene Roddenberry... he's a good idea and concept man who's entirely dependent on others to turn his broad, sometimes absurd concepts into reality with varying degrees of success. Delta is his equivalent of Star Trek: the Next Generation season 1: all the pieces are there, but they've been put together wrong into something absolutely abhorrent.

Anime's George Lucas is probably Yoshiyuki Tomino, whose ups and downs led to some legendary (Zeta Gundam, Char's Counterattack) and legendarily bad (ZZ Gundam, Reconguista in G) installments where the quality was largely dependent on how short a leash the producers kept on him during development.

After ten years mostly spent watching Macross II get bagged on for NOT having Kawamori at the helm... I'm really, REALLY fighting the temptation to laugh at how a Kawamori-concept series has turned into such a train wreck that fans are looking back fondly on Macross II.

Yeah, Kawamori should have been less coy about Macross II and simply lifted it up as a different vision of the universe instead of denying he ever saw it. Sometimes hubris comes back to bite you in the ass! The franchise could have been far larger than it is with varying degrees of depth had other talented producers been allowed to tell their side stories through OVA's. Kawamori could have continued to design fighters, but been free to pursue his own projects in the meantime.

Edited by Zinjo

Next time on Macross Delta:

Mikumo, a "Star Singer" of ancient Protoculture has awaken and the crisis of galactic domination by Windermere is imminent. If the Temple of Stars has appeared on Ragna, then Windermere will take humanity into the huge biological network by the "Song of the Stars"...

201609161752_17322.png201609161752_17323.png201609161752_17324.png201609161752_17325.png201609161752_17326.png

More boring still images of faces. :rolleyes::lol:

Maybe this is Kawamori's revenge on western fans for being nicknamed "The Holy Floating Head"... we get a Macross series that's just a bunch of heads talking.

Well I think he also threw a bone to us old school fans who kept bitching about Megaroad 1 since we learned of it's disappearance shortly after finding Eden in the Macross lure. If nothing comes from that in next weeks episode I think we all need to look up in the sky, think of kawamori and give him the finger.

Still with the bondage huh Roid...

Next episode preview summary

By taking advantage of weapons of last-resort, dimensional weapons, the 47th Joint New UN fleet is annihilated. The future of humanity is at stake in the final battle with Windermere is entrusted to Delta platoon's Valkyries. With Operation "Ragnarok" the deadly live (attack), starts now...

Can they even play Stateside? You know, I can think of a certain company that might raise up a fuss.

Who gives a flying ufck about them. Seriously though...May'n and Megumi performed at AX2010.

Those retards can cry from their soap box for all I care.

Can they even play Stateside? You know, I can think of a certain company that might raise up a fuss.

"They who shall not be named" have no say in the matter anyone who suggests otherwise is grossly uninformed about the legal status of Macross.

Sorry for bringing this up here - but I'm in Tokyo right now. Any Macross specific stuff happening, Delta or otherwise? Anyone know if that last character goods lottery is still going? I'll only be spending one day shopping in Akiba this time, and it's likely to be my last time for a while, so I want to be efficient in hunting for Macross Merch. Any pointers would be welcome!

Mark

Sorry for bringing this up here - but I'm in Tokyo right now. Any Macross specific stuff happening, Delta or otherwise? Anyone know if that last character goods lottery is still going? I'll only be spending one day shopping in Akiba this time, and it's likely to be my last time for a while, so I want to be efficient in hunting for Macross Merch. Any pointers would be welcome!

Mark

A little too late, I would've sent you my Akihabara "Genshiken Style" Route.