Wow. Just wow. If THIS be true...

But Hikaru can not reappear. His VA is dead. They would not do it. I don't think Mari would go along with it, for one. They were friends...

They could and have had Hikaru appear in numerous video game voice overs since Frontier became mainstream in the PSP and the last appearance I even know of was Macross 30 of which Mari was also apart of reprising her role as Minmay.

I for one will be glad when this series ends...I didn't get bit with the Delta bug like I did with Frontier or any of the other Macross incarnations to date. This imo has been one of Kawamori's worse projects next to Aquarion Evol. What's going on in this guys mind these last 15 years?

They could and have had Hikaru appear in numerous video game voice overs since Frontier became mainstream in the PSP and the last appearance I even know of was Macross 30 of which Mari was also apart of reprising her role as Minmay.

I for one will be glad when this series ends...I didn't get bit with the Delta bug like I did with Frontier or any of the other Macross incarnations to date. This imo has been one of Kawamori's worse projects next to Aquarion Evol. What's going on in this guys mind these last 15 years?

Was Logos better than Evol? I thought Evol was an OK sequel.

Was Logos better than Evol? I thought Evol was an OK sequel.

Both were crap. infact...........all of Aquarion is crap. I've been scratching my head on things Kawamori has done since Macross Zero. Why he's gone to this format of story telling is beyond me. I don't even know if it began with Macross Zero since I've seen very little of his stuff inbetween these points. I mean he nailed it out of the park with Plus. So I'm gonna say somewhere between Plus and Zero he lost his way.

Both were crap. infact...........all of Aquarion is crap. I've been scratching my head on things Kawamori has done since Macross Zero. Why he's gone to this format of story telling is beyond me. I don't even know if it began with Macross Zero since I've seen very little of his stuff inbetween these points. I mean he nailed it out of the park with Plus. So I'm gonna say somewhere between Plus and Zero he lost his way.

Ahem, Plus had Watanabe on board and it shows

Also, SDFM and DYRL? had Noboru Ishiguro on board and it shows.

Kawamori has the ability to set up the foundation for great stories, but I think he isn't necessarily the greatest of story tellers himself.

Blame the fans who won't accept anything Macross unless Kawamori is attached to it. I'm sure that is a source of ire for him.

Are you saying Kawamori is anime's George Lucas?

More like anime's Gene Roddenberry... he's a good idea and concept man who's entirely dependent on others to turn his broad, sometimes absurd concepts into reality with varying degrees of success. Delta is his equivalent of Star Trek: the Next Generation season 1: all the pieces are there, but they've been put together wrong into something absolutely abhorrent.

Anime's George Lucas is probably Yoshiyuki Tomino, whose ups and downs led to some legendary (Zeta Gundam, Char's Counterattack) and legendarily bad (ZZ Gundam, Reconguista in G) installments where the quality was largely dependent on how short a leash the producers kept on him during development.

Blame the fans who won't accept anything Macross unless Kawamori is attached to it. I'm sure that is a source of ire for him.

After ten years mostly spent watching Macross II get bagged on for NOT having Kawamori at the helm... I'm really, REALLY fighting the temptation to laugh at how a Kawamori-concept series has turned into such a train wreck that fans are looking back fondly on Macross II.

So you guys are just entitled bullies now?

Actually if you want to see real cyber bullying and people telling you where to take one's opinion and shove it... go to Youtube and some of the sites where you can watch Delta. You dare at your own risk to criticize it at those sites. Not liking Delta there is ill advised.

I'll say this as I am "That guy", if you are watching Delta and are really enjoying it, I say more power to you. If you have lost all faith in Delta and can't wait to see it end, again more power to you.

That said, peoples opinion are just that... theirs. If you take someone else's opinion or remark like it was aimed at you personally, that's on you.

So you guys are just entitled bullies victims now?

T,FTFY.

Delta News is prolly way too slow that Delta's victims are frustrated coz there ain't much good news about it lately other than Minmay tweeting her still-hawt self.

And fwiw, you must be a bit new here.

Members bitches just about everything related to bad macross stuff around here almost all the time.

Just chill out about it. It's only anime.

You should read the colors-wars in the toys-forums for even moar Macross entertainment than Delta anime...

:bump:

You should read the colors-wars in the toys-forums for even moar Macross entertainment than Delta anime...

Oh but that is far less entertaining than the pages of discussion once devoted to the size of hands, lol. (that wasn't necessarily about Macross but still).

After ten years mostly spent watching Macross II get bagged on for NOT having Kawamori at the helm... I'm really, REALLY fighting the temptation to laugh at how a Kawamori-concept series has turned into such a train wreck that fans are looking back fondly on Macross II.

Lets not get crazy here. :p

I'm guessing Mari's tweet is probably related to voice acting work for the PS Vita Macross Scramble game and not related to the Delta TV series.

I would hope so otherwise the best possible thing to happen in Delta just got spoiled!

For Mikimoto, Honda and Mari too all show up for a Macross game vs. a Macross series with the two people responsible for what Minmay looks like & what she says/sings..... Oh crap!!, Minmay is Lady M. :o

@macrossd ワルキューレ2ndアルバム発売記念イベントありがとうございました!明日はZeppツアー最終日だかんね! #macross #マクロス ift.tt/2cuV1nA

post-31-0-81600900-1473418802_thumb.jpeg

Next time on Macross Delta:

Hayate, Frejya and Mirage have been caught by the Aerial Knights and taken to the royal city, Darwent. An informal trial for the three is held in front of Heinz Nerich Windermere. In the middle of the trial, Heinz asks Frejya why she sings...

201609082157_13133.jpg201609082157_13134.jpg201609082157_13135.jpg201609082157_13136.jpg201609082157_13137.jpg

I remember seeing Macross II. The only cool thing there was the Marduk mothership, much better than either Bodolza fortress version. The valkyries looked like barely improved copies with some abhorrent design lines (pointed 'feet' and the like). The Macross Cannon was some kitbash of SDF-1 and four Nupetiet Vergnitz in different stages of construction. The Destroid Monster looked somewhat cool, I think. The Tomahawk II was so cool, the Cheyenne and Cheyenne II were almost made after it. The story wasn't so bad, the characters were not bad either. Just don't remember anything about them.

So no, Delta is no Macross II. Still, I feel pissed at it, but is my fault, really. After SDFM, DYRL, 2012 and Plus, Macross 7 right from the titles and in the first few minutes, stablished 'OK, this is Macross, but for kids. This is not your regular Macross'. And worked. It was annoying at times, hilarious and silly at others, but as a kid series, it has no real fault. What happened with Delta is that it started much like a Frontier follow-on and then suddenly remembered it was too complicated for kids to understand. So later parts of the series is for kids. Bad people is bad because is bad, reasons notwithstanding. Good people suffer bad consequences doing things by trial and error, Naruto style. Thinking strategically or even planning in advance was taken out of the show.

So the whole bitching is about 'hey, you made us thought it was Frontier follow-on, but really is a Macross 7 follow-on'. Now I understand why Hayate feels so annoying and unnervingly unaware of his surroundings except in battle. And why Mirage is like a Flower Girl, redeemed and with lines spoken. And why Arad is like Veffidas being forced to speak for reasons of leadership.

Now that I think about it, Hayate dancing scenes were cut as if series manager was talked into making the series more mature, to target mature audiences. And *THEN* convinced mid-series to steer in the opposite direction.

Edited by Aries Turner

People should just admit they want the "gritty" storytelling Carl Macek turned this into at this point.

Macek got pulled in even on this thread! And then somebody asks me *why* I wrote a fan fic around a character referencing him...

You know what Carl Macek would do with Delta?

He say there's not enough action and would splice in mecha battles from an unrelated series.

So... what you're saying is the last episode means we need to Kickstarter an exorcism for the Macross Delta staff?

That'd make for some interesting news to post...

Anyone got anything on the new characters that were just revealed the other day for Macross Delta Scramble?

Not bad for the George Lucas of anime. :lol:

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2016-09-09/preliminary-results-for-2016-newtype-awards-are-in/.106287

Macek got pulled in even on this thread! And then somebody asks me *why* I wrote a fan fic around a character referencing him...

There's already one; Lynn Kaifun circa 2045 and his Fire Bomber American. Or in Macross the First, hipster vampire manager Lynn Kaifun.

Edited by Einherjar

Well if anything Delta deserves the award for mecha design. That is definitely one of the (few) highlights of the show.

You know what Carl Macek would do with Delta?

He say there's not enough action and would splice in mecha battles from an unrelated series.

And we'd watch it and love it, then disavow it twenty years later when we learned those awesome fights were from a different show.

Someone said it before, but they really are leaning on Giraffe Blues to be the Diamond Crevasse of this show. Now... I really like Giraffe Blues, it is a wonderful song... but it still pales in comparison to Diamond Crevasse, which still hits me in the feels every time. That being said, there are like 5 different versions of Diamond Crevasse across Frontier's albums.. so having this many versions of Giraffe Blues is not that unprecedented, even if it is a bit unnecessary.

Besides... they all are just trying to copy the many releases and versions of Planet Dance, lol. (Totsugeki Love Heart gets a lot too, but that song is awesome enough that it's always welcome).