...wooh wooh dancing in september! :D

EWF even had the walkure colors back then...

attachicon.gifearth-wind-and-fire-dance-o.gif

Love me a good mashup. Haha, this is actually good.

It's obvious that the music from Delta has inspiration from various styles of modern pop music which is probably why I'm digging it more than I ever got into Frontier's music.

EWF for the win!

Are fold bacteria and laser makeup new concepts?

First mentioned in Frontier with the V-Type. However Zola in Macross Dynamite 7 had bacteria from Galactic Whales that made it deadly for non-immunized off worlders.

As for the spoilers Shoji Kawamori hints at check the manga thread.

Even more significant is the specific one he wanted to get rid of was love. The sponsors don't want it to get too grim and gritty ;)

Interesting that Kawamori is the one that wants to drop one of the three pillers (mecha, love triangle and music) But the sponsors want it kept in.

With respect to the SK interview, I had a laugh at how the only reason he isn't doing male singers again is because he doesn't think he can top Basara. Even the creator believes in the legend, lol.

This seems like a very key quote,

“There are some plans for Delta related videogames as well but it is still under consideration. However, this is reliant on the possibility of a Western release for the series.”

Is it possible???

This seems like a very key quote,

“There are some plans for Delta related videogames as well but it is still under consideration. However, this is reliant on the possibility of a Western release for the series.”

Is it possible???

Not under the Macross name, as HG has a clear trademark on that(fair or not). I have doubts it would work at all, given the legal history of the franchise.

Commercializing Macross products in the west is toxic due to HG's known litigiousness. No one wants to wade into that mess, no one wants to even tempt the possibility that HG may notice.

Sure someone like, say, Bandai-Namco could afford to go toe-to-toe with HG and sort this out. But the question is... why would they WANT to? It would be a lot of additional expense for a release with no visible guarantee it will be worth the cost. Why bother when you could spend that time and money on other games that AREN'T lawsuitbait?

Sure someone could sell the game as Space Battle Delta instead of Macross Delta(with all the insufferable whining about censorship it would spawn). But would HG ignore this, or claim they were trying to do an end-run around clear intellectual property and exclusive rights and derivative works? Whether the claims are groundless or not is irrelevant, it is a big pain in the butt that no one wants to risk blowing up in their face(and that is a terrible mixed metaphor).

I got to thinking today (SO DANGEROUS!) that Guld suffered from an illness that seem to have effects similar to Var Syndrome. Was there actually a name for what he was taking those pills for?

It would be something of a retcon.. in Plus it was implied it was just his Zentradi nature that made him violent. It was common for first generation and some 2nd generation Zentradi after Space War 1 to not be adapting perfectly. It seems to be that by the time of Delta there are less and less overtly violent Zentradi (then again we have the Zentradi on Galia 4 in Frontier). I am convinced either way that Guld was not suffering any infection.. but merely a psychological issue.

thanks guys. i'm interested.

so this BR set, if i understand correctly, will be available for order Dec 20 and will be shipped all together (discs+VF) March 2017?

Close. You have UNTIL December to buy the whole set, shipping in March of next year.

But, no telling if this is open to foreign shipping addresses or not.

Close. You have UNTIL December to buy the whole set, shipping in March of next year.

But, no telling if this is open to foreign shipping addresses or not.

This is the full series bluray right? It has English subtitles for a reason so I'd hope it sells to America at least... Edited by Master Dex

Most recent Newtype magazine. I've never seen Macross THIS strong in the polls. :D

Popular Males: 1. Hayate 9. Messer

Popular Females: 1. Freyja 4. Mirage 5. Mikumo 8. Queen Sheryl 9. Reina

Shows: 1. Macross D

post-31-0-71997800-1465534377_thumb.png

Next 5 show titles:

第11話 追憶 ジェリーフィッシュ
第12話 キング・オブ・ウィンド
第13話 激情 ダイビング
第14話 漂流 エンブレイシング
第15話 決別 レゾリューション

Next 5 show titles:

第11話 追憶 ジェリーフィッシュ

第12話 キング・オブ・ウィンド

第13話 激情 ダイビング

第14話 漂流 エンブレイシング

第15話 決別 レゾリューション

if anyone's interested...

#11 - tsuioku jellyfish - jellyfish recollection

#12 - king of wind (hohoh, take it easy with the chilli dog jokes :p )

#13 - gekijyou diving - passionate diving, or diving with passion?

#14 - hyouryuu embracing - embracing drift

#15 - ketsubetsu resolution - parting resolution