Are those subs only for this release, or will all Blu-rays of Delta have them? Seems like a good way to get around the legal issues keeping it from getting picked up in the US.

So far, only this disc will have the subs, BUT I suspect if enough are purchased it may prompt BW to release the whole series with subs. If there is no interest, why bother....

I can't imagine them only putting subs on one disc. The descriptions for the later discs will be updated as the content is decided, at the moment they probably don't even know what kind of bonus stuff will go on each disc yet (who's on the commentaries, etc)..

I can't imagine them only putting subs on one disc. The descriptions for the later discs will be updated as the content is decided, at the moment they probably don't even know what kind of bonus stuff will go on each disc yet (who's on the commentaries, etc)..

It may not only be to gauge interest from potential customers.... Though any alternative interest would be completely pointless considering the discs originate from Japan.

It may not only be to gauge interest from potential customers.... Though any alternative interest would be completely pointless considering the discs originate from Japan.

I can agree with that. There are so many other anime releases which include multi-lingual subtitles, even though they are authored and distributed in Japan. It's up to the studio to decide what to include domestically. The fact that a modern Macross series is getting English subtitles with its retail release is unprecedented.

But that's a good thing, no?

Recent Gundam stuff has been subtitled AFAIK, maybe it's a Satellite thing?

Satellite is just the animation studio. They wouldn't have any say in what is or is not on the home video release.

Good news everyone! According to one of our sources, it turns out that the first Delta mini-live show will be showing this May! While it's only a month a way, it's fun to think of how much more material from the show we will know about by then. I for one, am excited...Not that I'll make it to the show itself, but it'll be cool to see recordings if they ever come out.

https://twitter.com/gwyncampbell/status/717944774360039424

Edited by Falconkpd

Speaking of English subtitles being on this disc, is there any comprehensive list of all the various Macross releases that have English subs on them around here? It's weird to see an FAQ without this subject mentioned, let alone there not being a stickied thread that has something of a release list (bluray, dvd, vhs, what have you...)

Good news everyone! According to one of our sources, it turns out that the first Delta mini-live show will be showing this May! While it's only a month a way, it's fun to think of how much more material from the show we will know about by then. I for one, am excited...Not that I'll make it to the show itself, but it'll be cool to see recordings if they ever come out.

https://twitter.com/gwyncampbell/status/717944774360039424

Well, that was announced during the broadcast of ep.1 last week; the really BIG news is that there is going to be a full, proper Walkure concert in August in Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya!

Well, that was announced during the broadcast of ep.1 last week; the really BIG news is that there is going to be a full, proper Walkure concert in August in Tokyo, Osaka and Nagoya!

Oh I know, it's just that I didn't see it posted here at all. Gotta bring the news somehow, right?

If 3d hologram projecton included I'm there.

There goes those 2 lovers again. Lez b honest. Doesn't change a thing for me though still on the Makina train. Edited by wmkjr

If 3d hologram projecton included I'm there. There goes those 2 lovers again. Lez b honest. Doesn't change a thing for me though still on the Makina train.

Lez be honest, it just makes me like her even more. it's also the main reason I'm interested in Reina.

#TeamMakaReina #OTP #IWillGoDownWithThisShip

Edited by anime52k8

I like this news considering that I'm tentatively planning on going to Japan in August! This just gives me more incentive to make that happen.

I like this news considering that I'm tentatively planning on going to Japan in August! This just gives me more incentive to make that happen.

But only if you get tickets to get in. Apparently there's a lottery for them...

Speaking of English subtitles being on this disc, is there any comprehensive list of all the various Macross releases that have English subs on them around here? It's weird to see an FAQ without this subject mentioned, let alone there not being a stickied thread that has something of a release list (bluray, dvd, vhs, what have you...)

The only official releases with English subs AFAIK are the Macross Plus Remastered set that just came out, which has the original Japanese produced dub and subs and I believe MF Wings of Goodbye has official subs, I cannot recall if False Diva does or not...

But only if you get tickets to get in. Apparently there's a lottery for them...

Well, I've apparently been successful in signing up for the lottery. However, I'm screwed if I actually do wind up winning, since to actually get the ticket, I need access to a FamilyMart to pay for and receive it.

The only official releases with English subs AFAIK are the Macross Plus Remastered set that just came out, which has the original Japanese produced dub and subs and I believe MF Wings of Goodbye has official subs, I cannot recall if False Diva does or not...

Actually, the Shudista box set has both Frontier movies subtitled in English, and I will add that the subs on that are much better than the Macross Plus ones, because the SpeakerPodcast crew actually worked on them (The Plus ones had some weird choices, and sometimes bad grammar). I think we did a pretty good job, but then I'm biased, obviously ;) We actually did a presentation about some of the issues regarding that whole thing at MacrossworldCon 2014.

It would be nice to know if there's a way we can tell if Delta has been doing well in Japan so far.

There are numbers for the Amazon orders so far out there. Early results are pretty good...but not quite Frontier (which would be very hard to beat)

It would be nice to know if there's a way we can tell if Delta has been doing well in Japan so far.

TV ratings for April 4-10 should be released this week. We'll find out how well episode 1 did. After that, we'll see if the numbers hold.

There are numbers for the Amazon orders so far out there. Early results are pretty good...but not quite Frontier (which would be very hard to beat)

Hopefully it'll get a boost from the US crowd considering it's the first TV series with English subtitles.

So one half of the triangle is the partners (Hayate x Frejya) vs the other half, the tag team (Hayate x Mirage). They're really going to have an interesting dynamic going on between the three of em.

I'm just really glad to finally have a female pilot as part of the triangle. (No Mylene doesn't count)

I'm just really glad to finally have a female pilot as part of the triangle. (No Mylene doesn't count)

I admit I'm rather enthusiastic for more of Mirage myself...

(Though are we not counting Sylvie Gena or Mahara Fabrio either?)

But $500 for 2 transforming toys is OK?

Yes, that's exactly my point. for what the series on BD is gonna cost I could be getting Delta toys that I'm personally gonna get more long term enjoyment out of, and the money still goes towards the franchise.

anyways, May'n is a Walkure fan:

https://twitter.com/mayn_tw/status/721703515064639488