can I use my us amazon account on amazon.jp? (sorry but I've never shopped from an international amazon before).

No, I don't think so, unless they changed it. I made two separate accounts years ago because of that.

EDIT -- I remembered it's a little confusing, because the AmazonUK accounts and AmazonUS accounts ARE interchangeable, though!

Edited by Renato

Guest davidwhangchoi

Didn't AmazonJP just change their rules about shipping CD's/DVD's to the US?

they recently did with allowing selling import games from JYP to USA, i'm hoping the same is true for these blu rays

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I think they always allowed DVDs and BDs, just not games, which is what they changed recently.

I seem to remember, many people overseas bought the Macross Plus sets from them but they were not allowed to purchase the first DYRL BD and Sayonara no Tsubasa, etc., because they were technically labelled as "games", (as they were published by Banda-Namco).

Little off topic, but who are you? I've got mine in my signature.

I'll add you. Still need to fix up a few things on my profile, but I'll add you once I get back on my account.

So um... I usually don't buy import Blu-rays, what's gonna be a good shop to buy delta BD's from?

I pre-ordered it from CD Japan. You pay at checkout, but you are pretty much vested in getting it, and I don't have to worry about it later. Nothing you can't do with any other site, but I had a decent amount of points there, so it cut the price down a lot.

On the other myth of trolling, I saw the link on FB, and after reading all the other updates, and seeing that people were asking, I was gonna post up the link. Renato did right before me, while I was writing, so I made a plug. If that's trolling, we may need to change the definition. No conspiracy or holding onto anything here. The issue wasn't even brought up by anyone involved.

Edited by Jasonc

Yep. Here is the price breakdown (without shipping), for those who are interested:

amazon.jp: 8424 JPY (comes with Amazon's price guarantee, and may change)

cdjapan.co.jp: 7800 JPY (Allows for points discounts, if you have them)

amiami.com: 6730 JPY (Flat 20% discount of the retail price)

Yep. Here is the price breakdown (without shipping), for those who are interested:

Amazon only charged me 7800 JPY (w/o shipping).

They must have already changed their price, then. ^_^ When I was ordering, there was no discount and the price plus shipping was 9000 JPY. I went with CD Japan because I have a bunch of points that I can use and that dropped the price down all the more (as Jasonc noted).

As usual, YMMV.

They must have already changed their price, then. ^_^ When I was ordering, there was no discount and the price plus shipping was 9000 JPY. I went with CD Japan because I have a bunch of points that I can use and that dropped the price down all the more (as Jasonc noted).

As usual, YMMV.

Amazon.jp is currently:

¥ 7,098 (w/o tax & shipping)

If Tochiro refuses to post here, then that's that.

I probably wouldn't post here either if it seemed anything I said could risk me getting suspended or banned.

Thanks for the breakdown. I have other friends who are now getting into Macross because of Delta, and I can use this to refer them to the places they'd like to go. I take it these are all for Limited Edition version Bluray?

Thanks for the breakdown. I have other friends who are now getting into Macross because of Delta, and I can use this to refer them to the places they'd like to go. I take it these are all for Limited Edition version Bluray?

Yeah, those are prices for the limited edition blu-ray.

Azrael noted Amazon's price for the regular edition. I haven't checked for the regular edition on the other sites.

Does AmiAmi charge when ordering or till the item ships?

It depends on the item. If it is a special item that requires payment up front, then AmiAmi will have a note in the description warning customers of that fact. For all other items, they send out a payment request close to the actual shipment date.

Guest davidwhangchoi

oh thanks for this! :)

For me the question is should I wait till series box set in about a year, in hopes it's cheaper that one disc at a time? I mean $70 +S&H x 9 is a lot of money, where as a series box set probably will be around $350 +S&H.

Do we know what the difference is with the Limited Edition?

The amazon.jp "special" limited edition, the 8424 JPY version, includes a QR code that Japanese residents can use to get additional artwork (if I understand the machine translation correctly). It looks like that bonus is not available to buyers outside of Japan, which means if you want to take advantage of this version and that bonus content, you need to know someone local to use the QR codes.

The other limited edition is very good too, it includes everything but the QR codes. Here's the rundown from AmiAmi's site:

Bonus Footage
  • Special version of episode 1

Mission 0.89 "Senjou no Prologue" *Early released version of episode 1 specially aired on special program on Dec. 2015

Mission 01+ "Senjou no Prologue" *Complete version of episode 1 specially cut for BD, DVD.

• New chibi character flash anime
  • Special program "Macross Delta Sakidori Special"
  • Textless OP, ED
  • News flash, commercials, PV
Other Bonuses
  • Audio Bonus: Audio commentary from staff and casts
  • Special booklet (40 pages planned)
  • Goreous art BOX (New illustration from character designer, "Majiro") [stores 3 volumes]
  • Special sleeve case (New illustration from Macross visual artist, Hidetaka Tenjin)
  • Inner jacket (New illustration from character designer, "Majiro")
  • Japanese, English Subtitles Included (ON/OFF Enabled)
Main Content
  • Mission 01 "Senjou no Prologue" *April 2016 TV version
  • Mission 02 "Kakugo no Audition"
  • Mission 03 "Shippu Dogfight"
Edited by technoblue

Guess it's finally time to join the 21st century and buy a Blu-ray player. And, with the home vid version having the English subtitles, I'm not even going to bother looking for fan-subs this time. Good practice for my Japanese.