Lord Voldemort?

No, it was Tochiro. But yeah, who cares who breaks the news.

To clarify -- The official Delta Twitter did not name Miranda as the mother of Mirage, that info came from Shoji Kawamori himself at a live stage show this afternoon that the SpeakerPODcast members attended, and immediately posted on social media.

Also: More news from AnimeJapan2016:

It's confirmed -- JETFIRE is in Macross Delta!! (Or at least a VF-1 that looks identical to him!) :o :o

How crazy would it be if Bandai/Arcadia released a VF-1 in an Autobot Jetfire scheme, eh?? :D

(Oh and before you ask, no, I did not take any pictures. Tochiro did, though... :p )

Considering her origins on her mothers side, I suppose there's several options available for having a child, including cloning. That doesn't rule out her having a 'regular' dad somewhere and just having chosen to have her mothers name instead. There are many countries where this kind naming convention is possible

In Evangelion, Gendo Rokubungi took his wife's last name, Ikari. Some commentary somewhere noted that it's common to do this in cases where the wife's side of the family doesn't have any sons to carry on the family name and the husband's side has multiple sons to do so. Then again, Yui Ikari was a pioneering bioengineer and so taking her name was more likely a strategic decision to gain political clout on his part.

My bet is Mirage's personal conflict will be dealing with her family name and not living up to the legend, eventually coming to the realization that she can and has to forge her own path. Maybe she quits Delta Squadron and becomes part of Walkure? In her pilot uniform? Hey, let me dream.

Considering her origins on her mothers side, I suppose there's several options available for having a child, including cloning. That doesn't rule out her having a 'regular' dad somewhere and just having chosen to have her mothers name instead. There are many countries where this kind naming convention is possible

Like, for example, Japan :p

Oh i tot they followed the male surname in JP too. Anyway this question popped up because was wondering if knowing who the father was would also be of significance.

Or perhaps yes cloning was used. No matter it will be revealed further as delta progresses.

You can't just claim all of them.

B9oL76UCUAAHWBj_zps1wikvd5e.jpg

Heheh is there such an otaku who practises polygamy? ota-gamy-ku? ota-poly-ku? :p

Or maybe its a cue from IBO .. a harem like JB0 mentioned.. :lol:

I knew this picture had to exist alone, without anyone else covering her up (because almost every time they show the triangle using this pic of Mirage, they're all positioned a bit differently)

https://twitter.com/GwynCampbell/status/713596524341530624

that's such a good illustration.

She is? but she is using the jenius surname...wouldnt that be coming from the male side of the jenius family?

Or....dont tell me she is a single parent kid! :huh:

Just FYI, it's perfectly possible she has a Mom and Dad but has her Mom's maiden name. My brothers wife is incredibly proud of her last name and she kept it when they married. In addition they gave their son my brothers last name and they gave the daughter (my niece) her Mom's last name. It's stupid and confusing, but it can be done. If they want to stay a Jenius they can.

That VF-1 looks more like a Macross The First paint scheme to me.

Edited by Mommar

I knew this picture had to exist alone, without anyone else covering her up (because almost every time they show the triangle using this pic of Mirage, they're all positioned a bit differently)

https://twitter.com/GwynCampbell/status/713596524341530624

What a great picture. I wonder who took it. Oh, wait, it's Tochiro again.

AGAIN.... Credit where credit is due, please.

I linked to his Twitter post, rather than hot linking the pic like most would, for the reason of giving him credit.

But people who don't listen to the podcast would not know that that is Tochiro from MW. They would think it's just a random guy on Twitter.

What a great. Great. Pic of Mirage.

I'm infatuated. May she and Kaname have the personality I hope they do.

As for Jetfire: suppose it's a VF-1 pilot who saw a cool show about transforming robots when he was a kid and painted his personal Valkyrie to match? 😄

The other VF reminds me of an Angel Bird, kinda.

Well, thank you Tochiro, wherever you are, for taking that picture. Now could you go back, steal it off the wall and send it to me? Please? -_-^_^;)

:edit: and while you're at it do you think you could snag me one of those Makina Standies? #bestgirl

Edited by anime52k8

My bet is Mirage's personal conflict will be dealing with her family name and not living up to the legend, eventually coming to the realization that she can and has to forge her own path. Maybe she quits Delta Squadron and becomes part of Walkure? In her pilot uniform? Hey, let me dream.

Or the other possibility is a sense of shame associated with her father's name and not wanting to be tainted by it.

I kind of forgot when Frontier was being aired. Approximately how long did we wait from the air date of an episode to start seeing subtitles being put out.

Edit: crap, meant to post this in the NYE sppecial talkback thread. Sorry.

Edited by sharky

I kind of forgot when Frontier was being aired. Approximately how long did we wait from the air date of an episode to start seeing subtitles being put out.

About a day. People will be watching this show so I expect it within a day.

Airs tonight, but in Sapporo it won't air until Tuesday midnight. So, I'm probably going to be able to find the fan-subs before I can see the original.

Airs tonight, but in Sapporo it won't air until Tuesday midnight. So, I'm probably going to be able to find the fan-subs before I can see the original.

I'm in the same boat... but I'm no going to be staying up to watch it religiously at the legendary 27:00 time slot it's in for the Osaka area.

Shame that in Osaka the outdoor viewing is going to be a washout. 70% chance of rain...

I've changed my mind. I agree with Roy Focker now. I was never a little girl. Were you...?

Which is why it is so unusual to see some of you grown men love shows aimed at little girls. It is easy to understand why grown men might still enjoy show aimed at little boys. All grown men were once little boys. Since when were grown men once little girls?