azrael

Mission 0.89 - "Prologue to the Battlefield"  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (5 idols = 5 waifus = 5 times the fun)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (I'm getting too old for this sh*t)

Is the VF-171EX confirmed as the cannon fodder Valkyrie for Delta?

I'm not to keen on seeing it again but it could be possible that it is only a standin for now since they had not finished the CF Fighter for the deadline. I'm not getting my hopes up but I find it odd that they use a white VF-171 since this color belonged to a special forces squadron in Frontier.

I'd love to see another new Valkyrie for this series.

Found a way to watch it. I'm looking forward to the rest! Kinda catchy song at the end.

At least now I know who the 6th Draken pilot is. Also interesting that Freya's heart thing grows when excited.

VAR Syndrome looks pretty nasty.

attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.png

Vars syndrome makes you look like Guld Bowman with the limiters out and pulling enough G's to make your head explode.........

So yeah, pretty nasty!

I'm praying for a sub to come down the lines soon, but then it's months for real!

My command of Japanese is (extremely) limited but I was able to get the gist of the episode (if not the finer details) having listened to Tochiro, Renato et al on the podcast.

(Thanks again for that btw) :)

An important point I think.

Clue of Var Syndrome about to happen is a Fold reaction. Now with singing noticed it is a definite enemy action along with the Aerial Knights attack.

Someone on SpaceBattles speculated before the episode that somebody figured out how the Protodevlin make Zentradi go crazy but didn't have delivery method. Then Frontier happened with the proliferation of Fold Quartz.

Edited by RedWolf

My command of Japanese is (extremely) limited but I was able to get the gist of the episode (if not the finer details) having listened to Tochiro, Renato et al on the podcast.

(Thanks again for that btw) :)

I'm sure I can watch and enjoy the raws, but my hard-wired-english brain will be much more thrilled with subs.

I do look forward to kibitzing with everyone as it proceeds...I was too late for any Frontier episode discussion threads.

Edited by BChoinski

Interesting. Ikenai Overdrive is definitely a catchy tune.

The VF-31 isn't that bad. Still not a fan of the forward-swept wings (There are other kinds of wing designs, Kawamori) but it's nice to see they kept the YF-30's multi-purpose container-unit-thingy.

Watched the sub. As emigration fleets spread throughout the galaxy they encounter alien races, traces left behind by the Protoculture.

One of those races are Windemerians from the planet Windimere. Freyja and the Aerial Knights come from this planet.

Edited by RedWolf

Macross Delta..Overall I loved it..Didn't seem very forced or rushed but very quick paced..One statement..Knights of Chivalry= Principality of Zeon..One question..Are we sure Shoji Kawamori never watched Macross 2?

No, we're not sure of that at all.

And anyway, even if he hasn't, he's not the only person working on the plot.

I don't understand how you can be a Macross fan and be so turned off by singing.

me neither. maybe the original series that I saw as a kid did not have so much moe & songs ...

I was attracted mostly with the mechanical designs & storyline.

but hey, lets stick to the topic shall we?

Edited by aaajin

It feels like a mess to me.

Before the big action scene it seemed like your typical cutesy anime that Macross Frontier often was. Then they started fighting I'm sorry I meant singing. Oh so this is Sailor moon or something? Then in the final 5 minutes they start having serious mecha duels. If it wasn't for the appearance of Zentradi mecha and Valkyries I wouldn't be able to identify this as Macross.

They're obviously smart in trying to make the most mass marketable product that they can but I wonder why keep calling it Macross at all? Can't they just call these new series generic cutie pie singing group the series? Calling it Macross I guess allows them to sale mecha toys.

I'm jones-ing...

Just watched Frontier 7 and 25...if the action and music is at least as good I'll be happy. If there are characters I can care about and root against, I'll be ecstatic. If it comes wrapped in a decent plot to boot...

It is going to be a long 3+ months.

It feels like a mess to me.

Before the big action scene it seemed like your typical cutesy anime that Macross Frontier often was. Then they started fighting I'm sorry I meant singing. Oh so this is Sailor moon or something? Then in the final 5 minutes they start having serious mecha duels. If it wasn't for the appearance of Zentradi mecha and Valkyries I wouldn't be able to identify this as Macross.

They're obviously smart in trying to make the most mass marketable product that they can but I wonder why keep calling it Macross at all? Can't they just call these new series generic cutie pie singing group the series? Calling it Macross I guess allows them to sale mecha toys.

I think if cash were the ONLY motivation, they would've just made more Frontier. It would've been a safer bet.