azrael

Mission 0.89 - "Prologue to the Battlefield"  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (5 idols = 5 waifus = 5 times the fun)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (I'm getting too old for this sh*t)

Macross Delta is going to be full of music. If it's all white noise, I'm guessing you're not a fan? Actually, Macross has one of its cores being music. That statement makes me wonder about a few things.

When I work on stuff, driving, sports etc I have music/radio/news radio/tv blasting. It is not stuff I focus on. I have it there as white/background noise. If it offends others that I call it white noise I offer no apologies. That is my opinion and what I use the material they created as. I'm sure James Cameron doesn't care that I call Avatar white noise, or GNR AFD or U2's Joshua Tree or Mozarts Symphony no 40 etc. If I'm at a concert, music festival, theatre, working the airshow, watching a movie or tv show I focus and enjoy the sounds and if you've every been with me to concerts you wouldn't say I'm not a fan. Whether I'm a fan of Delta or not remains to be seen. It's only been one episode.

You knowingly offended people who offer amazing content to this web sight and offer no apologies for such a degrading comment towards their hard work?

I hope you realize how amazingly you're representing the MWF moderation team right now.....

Edited by Neoka

Neoka i'm not happy either but keep it in the feedback forum. I don't want to give the mods any more excuses to ban any more people with legitimate complaints.

So I just saw the Prologue episode. It's interesting, and at first blush I really liked it. They didn't waste any time getting to it, which I liked. We also learned a lot about what's going on, not enough to ruin further episodes, but enough to get a feel for the setting. Speaking of which it's refreshing to see something other than a colony fleet as the setting, I'm sure we'll see that come up in later episodes, but it's a pretty cool start.

The animation quality is amazing, the mecha look great, and the story seems like it's going to be pretty interesting. I'm seeing some elements recycled from other Macross series, which is fine, since it seems to be stuff that wasn't really expanded on in those shows. The Walkure seem to be M7's jamming birds, done right, while the presence of a song that triggers violence in people seems to be pulled from M2, as well as the idea of opposed songstresses, which seems to be neat.

Overall, I'm pretty excited to see what's coming. Hopefully it won't take too long to get some translated subs out there, for those of us with the handicap of not being able to speak japanese (I'm still learning).

Here is something I just realized Windermere identifies with the Wind where as Ragna identifies with Water. Chuck being from Ragna having fins and gills and all. Themes we've seen before in Macross Zero with the legend of the Bird Human and the Fish Human. We know how the story went they got together.

Which makes me wonder if we'll see our first non-Human hybrid in this series.

Here is something I just realized Windermere identifies with the Wind where as Ragna identifies with Water. Chuck being from Ragna having fins and gills and all. Themes we've seen before in Macross Zero with the legend of the Bird Human and the Fish Human. We know how the story went they got together.

Which makes me wonder if we'll see our first non-Human hybrid in this series.

I think there's been a couple of other posts about this concept. Astute observations by all! I loved Zero and I am looking forward to seeing if this relationship really does have meaning.

Thanks Gerli. That's not the Character I was thinking of, I had him confused with Messer. My dumb. I'm a bit confused by this chaos thing, and delta sqdn, and where it all fits in with the NUNS. ANy links to explanation or source material?

You knowingly offended people who offer amazing content to this web sight and offer no apologies for such a degrading comment towards their hard work?

I hope you realize how amazingly you're representing the MWF moderation team right now.....

You know, some regular members get banned for month over such behavior...