azrael

Mission 0.89 - "Prologue to the Battlefield"  

231 members have voted

1. 1. Rating

• Positive (5 idols = 5 waifus = 5 times the fun)
    • Neutral
    • Negative (I'm getting too old for this sh*t)

Welcome to the Macross Delta New Year's Eve Special Talkback Thread

Guidelines:

• Macross Delta episode file requests, file offers or any audio/video sharing links of any kind or format are not permitted anywhere on the forum except by Boinger in the iMacross thread. This is 2015, not 2007. They know about us and how the 'Net operates now. This includes, but is not limited to BitTorrent files/links, YouTube, Nico, related video-sharing or video streaming site links, File sharing links, full audio soundtracks, etc.. Any user-post in violation of this rule will be deleted without notice. Repeated offenses may result in a ban. DISCUSSION ONLY. Send a PM to Boinger with a link to the file to be added to iMacross.
  • This thread only covers the episode listed in the subject. Do not post comments about another episode not covered by this thread. (i.e. References are OK, but do not post a critique about episode 1 when this thread covers episode 999).
  • This thread(s) is about current episodes only. Please reserve mecha talk and news talk for upcoming threads. Do not cross-post.
  • Please reserve all talk about future episode spoilers for the upcoming News thread.
  • Do not ask when an episode will be aired or released (this includes fansubs).
  • Please use spoiler tags for the first 24-hours after an episode airs.
Thread and poll opens at Thursday (12/31), 3:00AM EST/12:00AM PST (17:00, i.e. 5:00PM JST), one hour BEFORE the broadcast.

This is my first eperience of the Delta.

This girl has a little strong accent...
Walküre ≒ The "Var" Syndrome" & "cure"?
Sailor Moon and PreCure fans will love this anime.
Someone will decrypt the staffs' names written in Zentradie language.
Oh, they didn't use the motion capture technology...

It starts from April 2016.
I am looking foward to it.

Episode 1

Frejya is genki ruuning away from marriage and wanting to sing. Hayate is lazy but talented. Mirage reminds me of Gamlin.

After a long time a Thurvel-Salan Class Battleship. Zentradi upgrades are sick especially the Regult missile rack one.

Var syndrome is triggered by music making Zentradi go berserk like the Song of Death. Wulkure counteract these with their own song.

Unnamed old knight among Aerial Knights. Knights give me a Marduk vibe attacking NUNS and Wulkure. The type we are the chosen race.

Freyja may have missed the auditions on the wrong planet but she proves herself singing on the battlefield. Girl would make Basara proud.

Stowaways? Singing? Idols? Regults? Cities being flattened within the first 15 minutes? Yup, it's a Macross. With some Sailor Moon mixed in.

Yeah, I hope that sequence is first episode only fan service; hope it's not an every episode thing.

Stowaways? Singing? Idols? Regults? Cities being flattened within the first 15 minutes? Yup, it's a Macross. With some Sailor Moon mixed in.

Regult-CHANs, even!

Not lyin', I laughed at that.

Almost as much as I laughed at the voice cast. Credits are rollin' along, we get to the voice cast, and suddenly THIS happens:

post-720-0-04429200-1451565118_thumb.png

So, ummm... yeah. That sure is a heckuva casting job there.

Very reminiscent of the first Frontier episode. Like the podcast crew had said though, it's all over the place. It seemed they felt that all the characters had to be introduced in one go. So there's very little time to get to know them. The MC seems to be your typical genki underdog girl that everyone can get behind off. From Valkure, I think Mikumo is going to be fan favorite, but I get the feeling she might not be part of the main love triangle.

I was a tad underwhelmed by the CGI-animation. It doesn't feel as mind blowing as Frontier was when it came out 8 years ago.

And yeah, the magical girls aspect to the idols is going to create a lot of debate around here. A LOT

Edited by Marzan

Okay watching it again.

Prologue starts explaining emigration fleets ,particularly Ragna and Windemere, encounter alien life.

Delta Squadron is attached to the Ragna fleet.

Freyja is likely the same race as the Aerial Knights due to her glowing hair thingy. I think the Windimere fleet may have went native and uplifted the local race.

Wulkure and Delta Squadron to me run on the Basara-Gamlin school of pacifist combat with Alto's flare.

post-9033-0-34827100-1451569272_thumb.jpg

post-9033-0-70584700-1451569335_thumb.jpg

post-9033-0-39233700-1451569381_thumb.jpg

First time we see heavy cargo transport ships. This is how Bilrer makes most of his money.

post-9033-0-02322900-1451569485_thumb.jpg

post-9033-0-25041900-1451569512_thumb.jpg

The classic Thurvel-Salan returns.

post-9033-0-13384400-1451569691_thumb.jpg

post-9033-0-13384400-1451569691_thumb.jpg

Fangasms from our resident mech head girl on Regults. My opinion they are still death traps.

post-9033-0-43280500-1451569824_thumb.jpg

post-9033-0-17128400-1451569865_thumb.jpg

post-9033-0-92677400-1451569897_thumb.jpg

Okay getting better with the upgrades.

post-9033-0-58837300-1451569995_thumb.jpg

Queadlunn- Rau

post-9033-0-10083800-1451570070_thumb.jpg

Local Cheyenne destroids.

post-9033-0-71633900-1451570118_thumb.jpg

Local labor mech. Could be Destroid Work based.

post-9033-0-28821500-1451570183_thumb.jpg

post-9033-0-05752300-1451570213_thumb.jpg

Once it was just Speaker Pods now it is new fangled boomerang drones.

post-9033-0-78294300-1451570286_thumb.jpg

post-9033-0-42622200-1451570328_thumb.jpg

Oh now that is plain cheating. Not as good as X-9 Ghost lineage.

post-9033-0-76615400-1451569679_thumb.jpg

Edited by RedWolf

We explained the meaning of that in the last podcast ;-p

While I obviously did go in blind(no offense to you guys, pr'ly gonna grab the recording in a little while and listen to your son-err, thoughts), I didn't really think it was a mystery for the ages. I just thought it was funny as heck.

I really liked it. Dr. Chiba would be proud. Sadly no sweet J-Rock music. I hope they use the remaining time till the show (hopefully the first of several season) starts to work on the CG of the mecha. They could use some polish.

Other than that I'm satisfied but I like Macross 7 the most. Take from that what you will. :D

Love the new Valkyries. If the DX toys are done well they should offer a lot of play value and variability so that you don't feel too bad about buying multiples. Not too keen on the head turret of the Shinigami VF-31 looks too smooth. Almost like the head turret of the RVF-25 took to an extreme. I have to wait and see a detailed render or the toy to finally decide that. Probably my least favorite design after the VF-4G.

I'm still hyped. :)

Nice episode, nothing mind blowing for me at the moment. Interesting concept for the show, will wait for subs to get more context and give a better opinion.

Nice dogfight action, too short tough,

That lead Walkurie is badass

Edited by Valkyrie addict

Almost as much as I laughed at the voice cast. Credits are rollin' along, we get to the voice cast, and suddenly THIS happens:

attachicon.gifVoice actors.png

So, ummm... yeah. That sure is a heckuva casting job there.

While I obviously did go in blind(no offense to you guys, pr'ly gonna grab the recording in a little while and listen to your son-err, thoughts), I didn't really think it was a mystery for the ages. I just thought it was funny as heck.

Of course, that's only to be expected :-)

But the gimmick to the names is related to two new in-university SE languages and some decoder cards that were distributed at the theatrical screening so there's a bit of a story behind them, that's all.

Well I'm not negative about it. But not really positive either. I was whistling some of that last song after watching it. But from what I saw it's not one of my favorite first episodes of a Macross series. But I'll give it another chance when it's finished with the opening titles.

Just finished watching it, I really liked it. Good flow,giving us a taste of everything to come for a first episode. Loved the Zentradi attack, something just fills me with joy seeing them fight again. its how its supposed to be. The new Valks are great,the speed of the combat is gonna be amazing in future episodes.

Walkure seem fun so far, I like them alot better than Sheyrl and Ranka.

Good start to the new series :D oh and happy new year!

Those Regult and Glaug upgrades are gonna make RT fanboys fill their shorts!!

Well with the known information now, we can safely say MII and M7 have been merged in the premise. Though, if MF was an ode to SDFM and M-Plus fans, this on initial appearance, will be an ode to M7 fans, but time will tell.

Love the images of the container ships and the dock. It may not be very relevant to the overall plot, but it sets up the environment of a colony world very well.

Edited by Zinjo

Those Regult and Glaug upgrades are gonna make RT fanboys fill their shorts!!

Well with the known information now, we can safely say MII and M7 have been merged in the premise. Though, if MF was an ode to SDFM and M-Plus fans, this on initial appearance, will be an ode to M7 fans, but time will tell.

Love the images of the container ships and the dock. It may not be very relevant to the overall plot, but it sets up the environment of a colony world very well.

Close, but not quite. We translated Kawamori's comments on which series he is trying to blend last episode of SpeakerPODcast ;-)