DX Chogokin YF-29 (Alto) Durandal Valkyrie - Reissue

joppewo

So I skipped the first release but when Bandai did the reissue (30th Anniversary sticker), did those have the fix everyone is asking about?

Not 100% positive because I only have the first Alto 29 releases (junk), but I think all of the Alto YF-29's were better than the very first release.

I'm sure someone can keep me honest on that.

-b.

The stand and gun pod have gone back and forth between version of the 29. Not sure if they made separate molds for them.

Actual upgraded gunpods? I'm only aware of different ones, not "fixed" versions of any. The GERWALK brace---that's a fix/improvement/upgrade that's a permanent change to the mold. Bayonets are simply a different version, not a "fix". Stand paint isn't even a molding difference.

Actual upgraded gunpods? I'm only aware of different ones, not "fixed" versions of any. The GERWALK brace---that's a fix/improvement/upgrade that's a permanent change to the mold. Bayonets are simply a different version, not a "fix". Stand paint isn't even a molding difference.

Not talking about stand paint. With the bayonet released gun pod versions the stand has a nub reduced in size in front off the first hole otherwise the gunpod would not fit through the stand (the nub blocks it). For example you can not mount the Rod 29 with gunpod on the alto 29's stand.

Ah, now I remember that about the stands. But again, that's more of a variant than an upgrade/fix. If you have a non-bayonet gunpod, then having an "early" stand won't be a problem.

Has Bandai ever released a -29 stand/gunpod combo that doesn't work?

Ooooh. Y14450. Now I'm thinking if I should get my first one. Hehehe. :lol:

Get it. I wasn't much of a -29 fan and bought my Ozma mainly because of the colors and head. But it turned out to be about my fave 1/60 of all. It is simply a "fun" valk to play with.

Get it. I wasn't much of a -29 fan and bought my Ozma mainly because of the colors and head. But it turned out to be about my fave 1/60 of all. It is simply a "fun" valk to play with.

Yeah i agree with this. I didn't care for the design at first but it grew on me as it was really fun to "play" with. Now it's one of my favorite valks.

Ordered one from HLJ earlier - I'm perfectly fine with the May release as it gives me time to budget for it anyway.

Thanks for the heads-up mog_kupo!

Yeah i agree with this. I didn't care for the design at first but it grew on me as it was really fun to "play" with. Now it's one of my favorite valks.

I would agree as well, the later editions are really nice (Ozma, Isamu, Anniversary Focker and Percival). Mostly because Bandai fixed a lot of the issues that plagued the original Alto 29 release.

-b.

Yeah you should get one. This will probably be the last bandai dx at this price. I have a feeling the 31s are going to be in the 18000-20000 yen range.

Ordered one from HLJ earlier - I'm perfectly fine with the May release as it gives me time to budget for it anyway.

Thanks for the heads-up mog_kupo!

I would agree as well, the later editions are really nice (Ozma, Isamu, Anniversary Focker and Percival). Mostly because Bandai fixed a lot of the issues that plagued the original Alto 29 release.

-b.

Pre-ordered! Even though it's still 'too red' for me. But I have to admit who am I to resist that price? Hahaha! :lol: Besides, it's still in May so I still have time to rethink. ;)

Forgot that Alto release has some issues based on what I've read here. Hopefully they fixed it on this reissues. ^_^

Sweet. I'm looking forward to having the 29 back in my collection again. I had the Isamu 29 at one point, but sold it some time ago. I think the red on Alto's version adds pizzazz.

Esp with the black shark gill marks on the side. ;)

I caved, but I'm not going to keep my other one. There's absolutely nothing wrong with it, but found a buyer for more than the pre-order, so it'll at least help cover some shipping cost, and it's a fresh candycane valk.

Edit: As far as being one of my favorites, I don't put it there. It's a fun toy by any means, but not my favorite at all. The VF-4 still holds that title as far as design and toy goes.

Edited by Jasonc

Pre-ordered! Even though it's still 'too red' for me. But I have to admit who am I to resist that price? Hahaha! :lol: Besides, it's still in May so I still have time to rethink. ;)

Forgot that Alto release has some issues based on what I've read here. Hopefully they fixed it on this reissues. ^_^

Start keeping an eye out for the super parts. Even at "above MSRP" they shouldn't be *too* expensive, since they're relatively cheap to begin with. Plus there's only the one set---you don't have to worry about finding and paying for Super, Armored, and Tornado parts like with the -25.

Start keeping an eye out for the super parts. Even at "above MSRP" they shouldn't be *too* expensive, since they're relatively cheap to begin with. Plus there's only the one set---you don't have to worry about finding and paying for Super, Armored, and Tornado parts like with the -25.

We'll see since I'm not that too fond of the YF-29 Super Pacts. I have the Alto version and somehow it was too heavy for the wings. And I like the look of 29 as is. ;)

The Alto's Supers are expensive. Wish they could reissue those as well. Supply and demand I guess. Is this the 2nd reissue (or run) for the YF-29 and only 1 Tamashii release for the supers? The other 29 Supers are cheap.

Edited by wmkjr