DX Chogokin YF-29 (Alto) Durandal Valkyrie - Reissue

joppewo

14 hours ago, Bolt said:

Indeed. One must wonder how much Bandai influenced this. Or is Kawamori san just feeling the 29 hasn't gotten enough attention.?
I mean come on. A new VF-29 in blue. You know you're going to buy itūüôÉ

That goes without saying. ;) Aside from the anniversary editions, I think the only valkyrie release I've skipped is the upcoming 31J reissue. I'm okay with cash grabs, but that one is just too lazy even for me. :angry:

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I'm all in for a new colored 29!!! Never did like the red/white. 

I've always found the 29 livery rather unusual myself, what with the tiger stripes and oblong color patch running down the middle.

2 minutes ago, Bolt said:

And will it be glossy or is the new look matte..?

I think we're long past the time of glossy valkyries, and thank goodness for that!

@borgified - I had all the 29's at one point years ago, sold them off for CC debt reasons. My two favs were Ozma and the Roy ones. Rod was ok. I always wished they had done a "cannon fodder" darker brown version, same color as like the CF 1:60V2 VF-1's, or CF VF-25's. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 4:04 AM, Lolicon said:

Been a bit busy as of late, but had some time this weekend to get back to the YF-29 grind.

First order of business: touching up the terrible pilot figure. Hand painting is hardly my strong suit, and the molding of the pilot is pretty bad, but I did what I could to make it actually look like Alto from the anime. :unknw:

Stock pilot from first YF-29 release vs touched up YF-29 reissue pilot (Bandai used a darker shade of white plastic on the reissue)

694859654_YF-29pilots.thumb.jpg.c7d48b4cbd2bf3630e7ceef0639886a7.jpg

Catching up on this thread, since Im getting the re-issue for my birthday, and when I came across this I was STUNNED! Absolutely PHENOMENAL work, sir. 

Edited by Scream Man

8 hours ago, Scream Man said:

Catching up on this thread, since Im getting the re-issue for my birthday, and when I came across this I was STUNNED! Absolutely PHENOMENAL work, sir. 

Thank you, sir!

Enjoy the new YF-29! It's pretty much the same thing from an engineering standpoint as the old one, but aesthetically it's a nice improvement over the old one, with the nice matte finish.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Thank you, sir!

Enjoy the new YF-29! It's pretty much the same thing from an engineering standpoint as the old one, but aesthetically it's a nice improvement over the old one, with the nice matte finish.

The ratcheting pivots for the engines are a very nice improvement, as the older version had a tendency to sag.

TBh I haven't gotten a new Macross toy since the 31E, so Im excited to grab one again. Years ago I sold all my 29s except the Alto, which broke about 8 months ago, but I had a lot of preorders and the like so couldn't swing a new one. But! for my birthday I found a decent priced one on mandarake and my family nabbed it for my birthday! Im looking forward to it!

I then saw a cheap Isamu 29 on Mando, and since i regretted selling mine I nabbed that too. Im telling myself i dont need to rebuy the Ozma and Blue ones. 

The blue one might not hurt much, but I think Ozma will put some nasty damage on your wallet.  Believe hat scheme was always the most expensive to get after release.

On the flipside of that, I think everyone over-estimated how popular Isamu's scheme would be, because I remember those going on clearance. :wacko:

Edited by Chronocidal

Wow, the Full pack set is REALLY nice! Like, so much nicer than i expected, its incredible! The matte paint and (So far) tighter joints and extra clear parts all make a really big difference! 

Very happy I grabbed this!

• 2 months later...