DX Chogokin YF-29 (Alto) Durandal Valkyrie - Reissue

joppewo

14 hours ago, Bolt said:

Indeed. One must wonder how much Bandai influenced this. Or is Kawamori san just feeling the 29 hasn't gotten enough attention.?
I mean come on. A new VF-29 in blue. You know you're going to buy it🙃

That goes without saying. ;) Aside from the anniversary editions, I think the only valkyrie release I've skipped is the upcoming 31J reissue. I'm okay with cash grabs, but that one is just too lazy even for me. :angry:

2 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I'm all in for a new colored 29!!! Never did like the red/white. 

I've always found the 29 livery rather unusual myself, what with the tiger stripes and oblong color patch running down the middle.

2 minutes ago, Bolt said:

And will it be glossy or is the new look matte..?

I think we're long past the time of glossy valkyries, and thank goodness for that!

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2021 at 4:04 AM, Lolicon said:

Been a bit busy as of late, but had some time this weekend to get back to the YF-29 grind.

First order of business: touching up the terrible pilot figure. Hand painting is hardly my strong suit, and the molding of the pilot is pretty bad, but I did what I could to make it actually look like Alto from the anime. :unknw:

Stock pilot from first YF-29 release vs touched up YF-29 reissue pilot (Bandai used a darker shade of white plastic on the reissue)

694859654_YF-29pilots.thumb.jpg.c7d48b4cbd2bf3630e7ceef0639886a7.jpg

Catching up on this thread, since Im getting the re-issue for my birthday, and when I came across this I was STUNNED! Absolutely PHENOMENAL work, sir. 

Edited by Scream Man

8 hours ago, Scream Man said:

Catching up on this thread, since Im getting the re-issue for my birthday, and when I came across this I was STUNNED! Absolutely PHENOMENAL work, sir. 

Thank you, sir!

Enjoy the new YF-29! It's pretty much the same thing from an engineering standpoint as the old one, but aesthetically it's a nice improvement over the old one, with the nice matte finish.

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Thank you, sir!

Enjoy the new YF-29! It's pretty much the same thing from an engineering standpoint as the old one, but aesthetically it's a nice improvement over the old one, with the nice matte finish.

The ratcheting pivots for the engines are a very nice improvement, as the older version had a tendency to sag.

TBh I haven't gotten a new Macross toy since the 31E, so Im excited to grab one again. Years ago I sold all my 29s except the Alto, which broke about 8 months ago, but I had a lot of preorders and the like so couldn't swing a new one. But! for my birthday I found a decent priced one on mandarake and my family nabbed it for my birthday! Im looking forward to it!

I then saw a cheap Isamu 29 on Mando, and since i regretted selling mine I nabbed that too. Im telling myself i dont need to rebuy the Ozma and Blue ones. 

The blue one might not hurt much, but I think Ozma will put some nasty damage on your wallet.  Believe hat scheme was always the most expensive to get after release.

On the flipside of that, I think everyone over-estimated how popular Isamu's scheme would be, because I remember those going on clearance. :wacko:

Edited by Chronocidal

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

So this happended to my yf29, dont know if its the original release or the reissue. It is not the full parts bundle recently released.

The swivel that keeps the neck attached to the chest cracked. You will see that there are other cracks besides the one that split both in the neck piece and the chest assembly.

It looks fixable with extreme care, but just to give you a heads up, since unfortunately this was a very tight fit to lift and lower the neck.

20220404_193648.jpg

20220404_193527.jpg

1 hour ago, RealJayDee said:

So this happended to my yf29, dont know if its the original release or the reissue. It is not the full parts bundle recently released.

The swivel that keeps the neck attached to the chest cracked. You will see that there are other cracks besides the one that split both in the neck piece and the chest assembly.

It looks fixable with extreme care, but just to give you a heads up, since unfortunately this was a very tight fit to lift and lower the neck.

20220404_193648.jpg

20220404_193527.jpg

Ouch ! Sorry to see that mate. I don't know of any version that has that particular issue. But i can see that being a fragile piece of plastic. As someone who never transforms my toy  Valks ( or takes them out of the box) i can see the tightness of all the joints being an issue when the VF has not loosened up from usage. And , therefore, a fragile piece of plastic my have more strain on it . But ,as we all know, father time also has his way with it..

Fortunately I was able to mend the damage and keep it usable and transformable...

Unfortunately because of the tolerances and limited diassembly caused by the fix pins I had to improvise a solution...

Im glad of the result (and having a MIB spare xD)

• 1 year later...