DX Chogokin YF-29 (Alto) Durandal Valkyrie - Reissue

joppewo

I suspect they actually made it worse. On my copy pretty much every joint, clip, and peg is tighter on the new one. It makes it hold together much better, and the joints are tighter. On the downside, it means that in this case the ball joint might be a bit large for the socket.

On 10/21/2020 at 8:48 AM, OzmaLee74 said:

The link I posted for Amazon.JP now shows ¥27500 + ¥2444 DHL shipping but drops to ¥25000 + ¥2444 shipped to the US if anyone’s still looking for one. 

DX Chogokin Macross F - Sayonarano Tsubasa YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie (Saotome Alto Model) Full Set Pack Approx. 8.7 inches (220 mm), ABS & PVC & Die-Cast Painted Action Figure https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0897ZW6HZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_oHfKFbJEFG6VZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Hey I just used your link to buy one from amazon.jp lol....if it wasn't for you, I would never have thought that you could actually buy one from Japan via amazonglobal shipping.

Thanks man!  How long did it take to arrive for you?

44 minutes ago, BroTaku79 said:

Hey I just used your link to buy one from amazon.jp lol....if it wasn't for you, I would never have thought that you could actually buy one from Japan via amazonglobal shipping.

Thanks man!  How long did it take to arrive for you?

3 days

10 hours ago, Dobber said:

Yup, mine arrived from Amazon Japan super fast too. I try to buy there whenever possible. 

Chris

This might be a dumb question but would the amazon one be the new updated version or the reprint...in the description, it did not say....

56 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Yep, this is the one I bought and exactly the same seller too but a bit cheaper lol.

Thank you.

Finally managed to find some time to transform the plane. Not too impress especially on the arms. The L bars are so freaking stiff that I can't push them back into their proper positions and when I exert force, I scratched some of the paint -_-

This is exactly the same problem as Ozma transformation but at least the arms were not so tight! 

4 minutes ago, lmtsuper said:

I have a question, is Amazon Japan starting to charge consumption tax on overseas buyer now? I pretty sure they don't collect the tax before.

They do not charge consumption tax, they charge US Sales Tax (for buyer's location).

2 hours ago, lmtsuper said:

I have a question, is Amazon Japan starting to charge consumption tax on overseas buyer now? I pretty sure they don't collect the tax before.

In October they start adding in the sale tax of where your item is shipping to . 

so if you are shipping to the USA , then they will add the sales tax of your city / state .  It will be listed on your invoice1.

On 11/16/2020 at 3:51 PM, twich said:

Since I cannot figure out how to PM people, Jenius, are you going to review this toy on your YouTube/any moon.com?

twich

Click on the users name , and look for the message/ mail logo .  Click on it and compose .  Or click on your own account and look for the massages logo .

2 hours ago, F360 said:

In October they start adding in the sale tax of where your item is shipping to .

so if you are shipping to the USA , then they will add the sales tax of your city / state .  It will be listed on your invoice1.

So this is interesting. I hadn't ordered anything from AJ and had it sent directly to me in the US before. It was because the items I wanted in the past would only ship to addresses in Japan, so I used Tenso (and still do for a lot of stuff). I was recently able to order some model supplies and ship them direct via DHL for a pretty low amount, around $13, which was nice to see. Confirms the low rates other members have talked about recently. Might do that more often when it's an option, even with the sales tax added, because it's likely cheaper than Tenso's handling and shipping fees. I checked Invoice 1 and...no tax. I confirmed that it's not baked into the item prices because when I switch between my Tenso and US address, the prices stay the same in the product listings. Maybe it varies by state?

image.thumb.png.848345e67564493ecf5d685827a1d61b.png

Sorry I know opinions are boring on here, but the reissue YF-29 is like Apocalypse Now Redux, Godfather recut, resized and overdone.  Stars Wars refurbished in the Hollywood CGI laboratories when the puppets were good enough.  I'm sorry to say this but the original is frankly a masterpiece, and all this bumbling about with resized, reshaped and ultimately overdone "modular"-looking sculpt-work detracts from the stunning form and design of the original.  It was the seamless transition of the lines, the sheer beauty and line work.  Truly a sight to behold.  This one doesn't hold a candle to the original.  

I am prone to raining on people's parades (and not to detract from the thrill of the hunt as a collector), but it needs to be said.  Behold the original! 

33 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

So this is interesting. I hadn't ordered anything from AJ and had it sent directly to me in the US before. It was because the items I wanted in the past would only ship to addresses in Japan, so I used Tenso (and still do for a lot of stuff). I was recently able to order some model supplies and ship them direct via DHL for a pretty low amount, around $13, which was nice to see. Confirms the low rates other members have talked about recently. Might do that more often when it's an option, even with the sales tax added, because it's likely cheaper than Tenso's handling and shipping fees. I checked Invoice 1 and...no tax. I confirmed that it's not baked into the item prices because when I switch between my Tenso and US address, the prices stay the same in the product listings. Maybe it varies by state?

35 minutes ago, Anasazi37 said:

It varies by city and state .  So if your city/state does not charge internet sales tax then there will be no tax . 

and like what @Sanity is Optional said .
also it varies from seller .  Buying it directly from Amazon ,then tax will be added .

if you buy it from a 3rd party seller that is selling on Amazon.jp then tax will mostly not be added .   ( my metal build blue frame revised that I got from a 3rd party seller that will allow international amazon Dhl shipping, did not have sales tax.)

29 minutes ago, F360 said:

It varies by city and state .  So if your city/state does not charge internet sales tax then there will be no tax . 

and like what @Sanity is Optional said .
also it varies from seller .  Buying it directly from Amazon ,then tax will be added .

if you buy it from a 3rd party seller that is selling on Amazon.jp then tax will mostly not be added .   ( my metal build blue frame revised that I got from a 3rd party seller that will allow international amazon Dhl shipping, did not have sales tax.)

All items are sold direct by AJ and my state definitely charges internet sales tax. The mystery deepens....

58 minutes ago, MacrossMania said:

Sorry I know opinions are boring on here, but the reissue YF-29 is like Apocalypse Now Redux, Godfather recut, resized and overdone.  Stars Wars refurbished in the Hollywood CGI laboratories when the puppets were good enough.  I'm sorry to say this but the original is frankly a masterpiece, and all this bumbling about with resized, reshaped and ultimately overdone "modular"-looking sculpt-work detracts from the stunning form and design of the original.  It was the seamless transition of the lines, the sheer beauty and line work.  Truly a sight to behold.  This one doesn't hold a candle to the original.  

I am prone to raining on people's parades (and not to detract from the thrill of the hunt as a collector), but it needs to be said.  Behold the original! 

Anyone else come here to see the original only to discover that no picture was posted?

10 hours ago, technoblue said:

Yeah. I guess it takes all kinds. For me, it's too early in the morning to try and decipher MacrossMania's purple prose. 

Well I hope this didn't kill the thread (it's gone distinctly silent since this was posted).  It was an interesting discussion and I thought I'd add my two cents because it's usually a dissenting voice, so I thought I'd flavor the conversation a little.  Wasn't expecting this response though.  Unsolicited recrimination is always a bit of a shock to the system, especially in a group like this with so much gregarious, fraternal feeling among its members.  Big words, I know, but you can handle them. 

2 hours ago, MacrossMania said:

Well I hope this didn't kill the thread (it's gone distinctly silent since this was posted).  It was an interesting discussion and I thought I'd add my two cents because it's usually a dissenting voice, so I thought I'd flavor the conversation a little.  Wasn't expecting this response though.  Unsolicited recrimination is always a bit of a shock to the system, especially in a group like this with so much gregarious, fraternal feeling among its members.  Big words, I know, but you can handle them. 

Wow. If you're reading animosity or aggression in what I wrote, then you're adding context that doesn't exist. I don't know what to say other than, have a nice day. 

12 hours ago, technoblue said:

Wow. If you're reading animosity or aggression in what I wrote, then you're adding context that doesn't exist. I don't know what to say other than, have a nice day. 

He's trolling for an argument and unhappy no one has risen to the bait.

Edited by sqidd

38 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

Not going to lie. I had to look up recrimination and gregarious. 

This new YF-29 is my first Frontier Valkyrie so I have nothing to compare it to other than a VF-31 or recent VF-1 DX.  I’m still waiting on that original YF-29 picture @MacrossMania so I can, uh.. behold it.

He specifically calls out "the reissue YF-29" which would imply that the first release YF-29 was the original... but that makes no sense because the complaints seem to contrast the YF-29 with a different vehicle entirely, presumably the VF-1. Had the "Behold" been followed by a picture of a VF-1, it sure would have helped.

@twich, I'm working on it now.

7 hours ago, jenius said:

He specifically calls out "the reissue YF-29" which would imply that the first release YF-29 was the original... but that makes no sense because the complaints seem to contrast the YF-29 with a different vehicle entirely, presumably the VF-1. Had the "Behold" been followed by a picture of a VF-1, it sure would have helped.

@twich, I'm working on it now.

Didn't know it was u but I had been following your youtube channel, specifically as to how to transform the toys :)

Thanks for that.

Edited by jemC

I’m still contemplating on getting one. I like red but it’s ‘too red all over’ for my taste. Not sure if watching the movies again would help. :rolleyes:

But I appreciate the matte finish this time. Making the figure look less like a toy.