DX Chogokin YF-29 (Alto) Durandal Valkyrie - Reissue

joppewo

The link I posted for Amazon.JP now shows ¥27500 + ¥2444 DHL shipping but drops to ¥25000 + ¥2444 shipped to the US if anyone’s still looking for one. 

DX Chogokin Macross F - Sayonarano Tsubasa YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie (Saotome Alto Model) Full Set Pack Approx. 8.7 inches (220 mm), ABS & PVC & Die-Cast Painted Action Figure https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0897ZW6HZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_oHfKFbJEFG6VZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

3 minutes ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I'm keeping mine in fighter as well. Can't wait to place it on a Yeti!! I'll throw pics in as soon as I have a chance in the next few days.

Do you have the link to yeti stand's website? I think I will buy one because when I took down my Isamu 29 from it, I noticed there's a bit of paint chipped off from the stand tip (the paint chipping is underneath the metal bar that connect the cockpit with the lower body) after put it on the stand for a year. I've tried to google it but all I found is mic boom.

Here's some pics of mine. I also had an old one on the shelf I pulled down for some comparison shots.

oz7CPYj.jpeg

MGBko25.jpeg

cIyzBke.jpeg

wJroSdU.jpeg

Yeah, the nose-wheel on the old one will bend that far back, while the new one stops at 90-degrees.

Also the new one's head lasers won't sit in the grooves properly, tried pulling the ball-joints out a bit but no joy. Might be stuck that way, or just need a transformation.

Qm40r21.jpeg

DP8Q4YC.jpeg

Edited by Sanity is Optional

2 hours ago, ridgebacks said:

Do you have the link to yeti stand's website? I think I will buy one because when I took down my Isamu 29 from it, I noticed there's a bit of paint chipped off from the stand tip (the paint chipping is underneath the metal bar that connect the cockpit with the lower body) after put it on the stand for a year. I've tried to google it but all I found is mic boom.

The site has been down for awhile, so I’m not sure if it’s up again. I purchased mine pre-COVID.

14 minutes ago, borgified said:

I looked again and @ridgebacks is using the larger pylons on it.

Is there away to coat the plastic nubs on the Flightpose pylons with clear nail polish before putting on whatever that you have for display? 

When I use those stands, I cover the tips with tape. Only thing is it makes the tips lose a lot a friction. 

Edited by Slave IV

Had a chance to open mine and transform it to Gerwalk.  Unfortunately, I have also been Bandai'd:IMG_20201021_222420.thumb.jpg.bb717115a88de96794128838511d8d5e.jpgIMG_20201021_222550.thumb.jpg.6c8cd4f3ad918fa8e55894e50ffe9a02.jpg

I have both the split left shoulder issue that the Japanese buyer had (the right shoulder has a similar issue, just not as noticeable), and the head laser issue @Sanity is Optional has.  It's a shame, too, because otherwise the toy looks great.

Neither issue completely ruins the toy (the shoulders still work fine, just look bad).  But we really should not be getting this poor of quality control at this price point.  Sigh... Bandai

12 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

@HardlyNeverI'm curious if those head lasers are on ball pegs and if so, could you put them on the other side of the head and see if that corrects the issue? 

They are on ball joints.

From a direct side-by-side it looks like the ball-joint is on a shorter post from the head-lasers than it is on the first release, so they splay out wider.

12 hours ago, OzmaLee74 said:

The link I posted for Amazon.JP now shows ¥27500 + ¥2444 DHL shipping but drops to ¥25000 + ¥2444 shipped to the US if anyone’s still looking for one. 

DX Chogokin Macross F - Sayonarano Tsubasa YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie (Saotome Alto Model) Full Set Pack Approx. 8.7 inches (220 mm), ABS & PVC & Die-Cast Painted Action Figure https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0897ZW6HZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_oHfKFbJEFG6VZ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks! :)

Made an order. Now waiting for it to arrive within 7 days

On 10/21/2020 at 8:48 AM, OzmaLee74 said:

Ooooh. I'm tempted since I don't have one. Decisions. Decisions. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, borgified said:

Got room in that display case for all three of the modes plus one extra for prosperity? ;) 

Lucky for me I don't.:p

Tekering screwed me by posting pics of his Kakizaki about 5sec after they were released. I really liked the green when I saw it not in advertising photo's. So I took the last shelf available in my Macross cabs and made it into a DYRL/Skull Squadron shelf. And that's all she wrote. I have a little more room, but I don't have any room for wholesale changes. Part of me is relieved. I'm safe until I get a bigger house (too much sunlight in the rest of my current house to display more tpys).