DX Chogokin YF-29 (Alto) Durandal Valkyrie - Reissue

joppewo

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You'd think so...

However they played silly buggers with the 31a fiasco, so I'm not holding my breath.

Then they are no different from NY. I have not bought anything from them before except for a recent metal build item. Hoping that goes through smoothly.

Edited by CharlesXavier

8 hours ago, Tober said:

Okay, thanks.  I have my DX Fokker preorder with them, so I'm probably screwed. :(

I'm in the same boat. On pre-order night, Ohmyprimus reached out to me and let me know that they received a large number of orders for Roy and that the odds of a refund on my order were high. :( At least I'll get my money back. The store has a good turn-around time when they do get decent stock, so I guess that means I'm expecting the worst and hoping for the best come November.

Edited by technoblue

34 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I'm REALLY hoping they re-release the Ozma 29. I'd be all over that. Sold all my 29's a couple of years ago and I miss looking at that one! 

A re-reissue on Omza's 29 is on would be feasible as it's commanding a leg and arm on the secondary market (close to 40+k yen sealed I believe?). Hopefully that we won't get Bandai'ed again after what we've seen on the newer Alto 29 right now. 

Not guaranteed, but who knows? :db:<---- Next wish list for Bandai.

22 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

One of my pre-orders is with nin-nin. No word from them yet, so I expect they won't fulfill either.

Picked up on Amazon Japan instead, likely will end up a similar price.

Weird, they sent mine out last week without me even asking.

Got here today, haven't had a chance to open it (beyond just seeing the that they actually sent the right thing...).  Hopefully they will send you're soon.

36 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Weird, they sent mine out last week without me even asking.

Got here today, haven't had a chance to open it (beyond just seeing the that they actually sent the right thing...).  Hopefully they will send you're soon.

They've now updated it to "preparation in progress", but still no email.

My copy from AmiAmi arrived earlier today (shipped Saturday!) I haven't transformed it but I'm really digging the finish. There is some obvious inconsistency in the shade of red across some of the parts, but IMHO it's not jarring.

The YF-29's box is larger to accommodate the Valk and Super Parts but AmiAmi used the exact same size box to ship my 29 as they did the Dancouga which also arrived today. The box is so big they could have put another 29 inside, so that's where my 6170 JPY DHL shipping cost came from.

@davidwhangchoi - just pay for it lol

-b.

4 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

My copy from AmiAmi arrived earlier today (shipped Saturday!) I haven't transformed it but I'm really digging the finish. There is some obvious inconsistency in the shade of red across some of the parts, but IMHO it's not jarring.

The YF-29's box is larger to accommodate the Valk and Super Parts but AmiAmi used the exact same size box to ship my 29 as they did the Dancouga which also arrived today. The box is so big they could have put another 29 inside, so that's where my 6170 JPY DHL shipping cost came from.

@davidwhangchoi - just pay for it lol

-b.

haha^_^

5 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

:lol: It's worth it, but worse case scenario you'll be able to find a buyer to take it off of your hands.

Remember the days of getting 3-5 copies of each Valkyrie?

-b.

Looks at pre-orders

Why yes I do remember 2 months from now.

5 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

:lol: It's worth it, but worse case scenario you'll be able to find a buyer to take it off of your hands.

Remember the days of getting 3-5 copies of each Valkyrie?

-b.

yo man! those were the days.  i wish i can still do that for every valk. 
but sold off all the ozma 29's and don't know if i have my alto 29 anymore.   

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Looks at pre-orders

Why yes I do remember 2 months from now.

:ph34r: B))

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

yo man! those were the days.  i wish i can still do that for every valk. 
but sold off all the ozma 29's and don't know if i have my alto 29 anymore.   

I remember! Those were the days, there was pre-order madness but not like it is now. These days I feel like you're lucky to get 1 copy at a decent price.

I still have at least 1 of the original Alto 29's, it's on display and now I'm debating what to do with it.

40 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

My YF-29 Alto Full Set is coming in Thursday.

Nice!

-b.

Mine's set to arrive Thursday as well. 

I'm looking forward to the mechanical and structural improvements to the toy, but a bit worried about the reported breakage...

I color matched my original Alto 29, but it seems like this new one might be harder to do.

20201020_001727.thumb.jpg.4713fb53273f4a2d289dff6912ee8fd2.jpg

I want to do a better weathering job on the new one as I was still exclusively using the Tamiya weathering kits back when I got the original and can probably do a better job having more experience now.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

48 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

:ph34r: B))

I remember! Those were the days, there was pre-order madness but not like it is now. These days I feel like you're lucky to get 1 copy at a decent price.

I still have at least 1 of the original Alto 29's, it's on display and now I'm debating what to do with it.

Nice!

-b.

The alto 29 was my first chogokin dx bandai ever so it has a special memory. I was so happy i got a pre-order in. 

14 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Mine's set to arrive Thursday as well. 

I'm looking forward to the mechanical and structural improvements to the toy, but a bit worried about the reported breakage...

I color matched my original Alto 29, but it seems like this new one might be harder to do.

20201020_001727.thumb.jpg.4713fb53273f4a2d289dff6912ee8fd2.jpg

I want to do a better weathering job on the new one as I was still exclusively using the Tamiya weathering kits back when I got the original and can probably do a better job having more experience now.

Are you going to use real world fighters as a reference? Seeing as Frontier CGI valks are totally clean and cel shaded. 

Just now, Lolicon said:

Are you going to use real world fighters as a reference? Seeing as Frontier CGI valks are totally clean and cel shaded. 

I'm not going to go fully into it like with the Macross Zero valks. The 29 was a brand new and experimental machine and was only really deployed in space, but ignoring that, I might still add some subtle effects here and there. Maybe as if it's been through atmosphere or something like in the master file books. Not sure yet.

AJ has a seller with one for ¥28600 but at checkout drops to ¥26000 + ¥2444 DHL shipping.

DX Chogokin Macross F - Sayonarano Tsubasa YF-29 Durandal Valkyrie (Saotome Alto Model) Full Set Pack Approx. 8.7 inches (220 mm), ABS & PVC & Die-Cast Painted Action Figure https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0897ZW6HZ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_nITJFbNAYW497?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

9 hours ago, chyll2 said:

NY: preparation in progress

HLJ: Already shipped

both are (or will be) shipped via airmail registered

You can possibly kiss your order goodbye @chyll2 after all the BS they pulled on the SSP set and take off with the $$$.

50 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

HLJ: Preorder, shipped, Due Wed

Amazon Japan: Ordered after release, shipped, Due Thurs

Nin-Nin: Preorder, "preparation in progress"

Hopefully that Nin-Nin does deliver if they did get orders in.  

Looks like mine came a day early. Looking it over. the joints, including the arms, seem tight enough and don't flop around. What does flop around on mine is the right hip gun, which is a first for me with the line of VF-25, 27, and 29 toys I've had. I checked the elbows and see no stress marks or cracks (so far). 

My PO from AmiAmi was shipped + 5600 yen DHL shipping fees on Monday. Estimate to arrive at my doorstep today.

Surprisingly my other PO from HLJ, shipped via DHL as well, cost me 4450 yen, which is 1150 yen lesser. Item was shipped on Tuesday and estimated to arrive today as well.

Since DHL shipping is calculated by way of volume and not weight, I'm curious to find out whether AmiAmi packs the item in a larger box (hopefully with more fillers) than HLJ does. Will find out tonight I guess

I received mine from Amiami but haven't opened it yet. It's a pretty sizeable box. Certainly much bigger than a YF-29 + super parts should be.

In my experience Amiami tends to pack things better than HLJ, at the cost of increased box size and possibly increased cost.

On the other hand, HLJ seems to employ experienced Tetris players to pack their boxes. :lol:

10 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I received mine from Amiami but haven't opened it yet. It's a pretty sizeable box. Certainly much bigger than a YF-29 + super parts should be.

In my experience Amiami tends to pack things better than HLJ, at the cost of increased box size and possibly increased cost.

On the other hand, HLJ seems to employ experienced Tetris players to pack their boxes. :lol:

My Amiami box could have held two YF-29 Altos.... but there was plenty of packing material.

46 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Just got shipment notice for my 29 from NY. 

That's because @crackpot exposed you for having profit sharing funds from NY to keep you from buying stuff from there at a good discount. :lol:

Seriously speaking, is NY going to majorly piss off people even more and embezzle their $$$ for illegal money laundering??