DX Chogokin YF-29 (Alto) Durandal Valkyrie - Reissue

joppewo

Head now has removable/replaceable center spike, and side head lasers made out of a different material.

Hips now use a different design, which looks like the one used in the YF-19 (ought to be easier to loosen/tighten, and more durable)

Mid-wing engines are now mounted on ratcheted swivels, rather than the normal swivels.

Possibly it is now in a Matte finish.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

7 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

I think the head lasers are not made from the bendy material the originals were. Not sure if this is true but i thought someone mentioned it somewhere

Yup, that is correct. The head lasers are made out of a nice hard plastic now. Man, I remember the days of those damn bendy head lasers and how'd they'd be warped out of the box. I do not miss those times. 

12 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Head now has removable/replaceable center spike, and side head lasers made out of a different material.

Hips now use a different design, which looks like the one used in the YF-19 (ought to be easier to loosen/tighten, and more durable)

Mid-wing engines are now mounted on ratcheted swivels, rather than the normal swivels.

Possibly it is now in a Matte finish.

Thanks

So, who got a preorder in? I got mine in, but they went really fast. I'm excited to get this version, but now I will most likely be selling off my older YF-29 with the armor parts.

19 minutes ago, Jasonc said:

So, who got a preorder in? I got mine in, but they went really fast. I'm excited to get this version, but now I will most likely be selling off my older YF-29 with the armor parts.

Sadly I missed out on the preorder. 

However I am looking for a decently priced Super Parts set if you’re willing to sell separately. Pm me for details.

So, I did a search, and nothing came up. I have the YF-29 30th anniversary edition and while whooshing it around today, I noticed on both of the legs on the outer aspect of leg(side facing out) extending down from leg machine gun hip kibble part and going down to the edge (intake), there is a crack on the plastic. It is not gaping, and I have only transformed once since I purchased it on Mandarake a month ago. Is this a common problem? When I did transform it, the legs were kinda loose, but I just noticed these cracks. Do I have to worry about my hip joints cracking apart? Can I fill it in with like gorilla glue? Now I’m afraid to touch the YF-29 for fear it will disintegrate.

Twich

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/8/2020 at 8:00 AM, Jasonc said:

Tried but got cart jacked, so waiting for release day to see ifI can score one at msrp

what was the original MSRP for this one? in $US please.

really want it but its so pricey...and I have a feeling we will be seeing it in different color schemes in the near future? no? black or grey? not a huge fan of all the red. I know its for Alto...so can we get one of the other characters possibly? 

Just now, jetcollector said:

really want it but its so pricey...and I have a feeling we will be seeing it in different color schemes in the near future? no? black or grey? not a huge fan of all the red. I know its for Alto...so can we get one of the other characters possibly? 

¥23,000

¥25,300 with 10% tax.

3 minutes ago, jetcollector said:

It's not a US product in US stores so you'll need to take the Yen price and use a conversion tool (just ask google) to convert to $USD... it changes several times a day. Rough ballpark is a yen is about a penny.

3 hours ago, jetcollector said:

ok thanks. ill wait and see if any other color schemes come out and try to snag one of those at MSRP. 

They already have other color schemes out, they released these awhile back. you should be able to get them in the secondary market.   Some at close to msrp

You can check out anymoon, it will have all info you will need.:lol:

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=4937

16 hours ago, F360 said:

They already have other color schemes out, they released these awhile back. you should be able to get them in the secondary market.   Some at close to msrp

You can check out anymoon, it will have all info you will need.:lol:

http://anymoon.com/blog/?p=4937

thanks, anymoon is awesome. ive been following that page for years. 

yeah, I know all the Vf-29s came out already but they had QC issues and this new full set has apparently solved those and made improvements. so id like to see more of these new, reissued full sets. I also really like getting the figure and super parts together in the same box. plus these recent "full sets" include missiles and such. I love my yf-19 full set. 

I would be really surprised to see any of the other yf-29 color schemes they did get a new release. I can’t imagine any of them are popular enough to warrant it. 

I could see them doing a new one though. Maybe something for the 40th anniversary of the show and 10th of the mold. :D

7 hours ago, jeniusornome said:

I would be really surprised to see any of the other yf-29 color schemes they did get a new release. I can’t imagine any of them are popular enough to warrant it. 

I could see them doing a new one though. Maybe something for the 40th anniversary of the show and 10th of the mold. :D

I'd think, if they -did- do any others, the Ozma variant with the pirate head would probably be the one to do.  The rest never seemed to sell that well at the time, but that one seemed to be in incredibly high demand.

• 2 months later...

I hope I can score one for a reasonable price on release. The improvements sound pretty good. Without the ratcheted swivels, the engines on the wings tend to droop with the super parts on and the bendy head lasers are hard to position because the ball in the ball joint doesn't move with it and often just ends up twisting the pvc when trying and then it slowly returns to its original position. Also the hinge that attaches the head plate is cracked on mine as well.