DX Chogokin YF-29 (Alto) Durandal Valkyrie - Reissue

joppewo

I couldn't wait 'til 2 in the morning, so oh well guess I'm missing out. From what I read a few pages ago, there were three major updates:

1) the horn is removable, with an extra included

2) the hips are a three-screw design instead of one large screw (to better distribute pressure?)

3) something about the wing engines, probably strengthened rotation?

Were these three things a problem at all on the original? I remember the Isamu YF-29 I had didn't have much of any problem in the hips or the wings. (The head horn obviously would be inapplicable to it.)

People were saying the hips are carried over from the VF-31 toys? Since I never got into the Delta toys, what's the advantage of those over the original(/VF-25 v2s)?

27 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I missed out at HLJ because I had an out of stock item from the last PO madness in my cart! By the time I removed the old item and tried to checkout again it was gone :cray:

Same thing happened to me for the VF-1S Hikaru.

10 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

People were saying the hips are carried over from the VF-31 toys? Since I never got into the Delta toys, what's the advantage of those over the original(/VF-25 v2s)?

The VF-31 toys have ratcheted hips, where as the vf-25 and yf-29 renewals did not.

I'm not totally sure the ratcheted hips were confirmed for this re-issue, though.  But I haven't been following every update closely. 

7 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Congrats on all that picked on up. Glad I didn't waste my sleep time on this utter ridiculous buying process.  It's turning into too much of a headache to be a high end Macross fan when it comes to Bandai IMHO. 

It's definitely become harder to secure an order over the last two years or so.  The next DX PO is going to be heartbreaking lol

I would guess, given the current economic uncertainty, all manufacturers are going to error on the lower quantity ranges of production runs for a while. So expect PO madness to continue for the foreseeable future. 

19 minutes ago, Rhubarbarian said:

Yeah it's been such a stressful weekend, I completely blanked on this. Just kind of the last thing on my mind. Maybe I can pick one up at release for not too much of a markup.

MWF is my reprieve from the real world and this weekend/past week leading up to it have been brutal.

I'd actually forgotten about this, fell asleep with computers, lights, TV and PS4 on and woke up drooling and 1/2 way off of my bed at 3:04 AM EST. Just in time to have missed the initial window and then fail at getting one from HLJ.

I'll try my luck again between now and release, with more effort being placed right at the release window.

-b.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

I'll probably put them up on the For Sale/Trade subforum at/near/after release.

You're in the Bay Area? If you send me an invoice for one now, I could pay it now and then just come pick one up from you when you get them in October if that's cool with you :) LMK

Edited by RedComet

I got one from Nin-nin (crosses fingers), if that one fails I'll check other sellers after release.

The only other possible sites I saw during last night's was amiami and HLJ but their sites keep timing out for me. Didn't even see the order button in AE, HS and NY (I was probably too slow :p).

1 hour ago, RedComet said:

You're in the Bay Area? If you send me an invoice for one now, I could pay it now and then just come pick one up from you when you get them in October if that's cool with you :) LMK

Willing to work it as part of a trade deal for one of those Roy 1S? They do look awful pretty.

16 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Just you wait until a Roy DX 1S is announced...whooooooaaaa buddy.

-b. 

PO madness x10? :lol:

I wish they'd save it for next year (hopefully Covid vaccine will be available).

52 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

That is, sadly, among the least-noteworthy/odd things to happen this year...

I swear the Mayan calendar was off by about 8 years.

3 minutes ago, mamboeidos said:

How do u know if ur ami ami order is confirm? I only received the acknowledgement email

That email is your confirm lol. Unless you get a cancel email which can happen. I think you’re good though 

https://ohmyprimus.com/bddxmcyf29sac.html?fbclid=IwAR28sAAzyN2rQv0wxo0taWCZmha3fEJK4xY-mjY1Lhjy8s8VZvuXdbeNpYQ

I've placed many orders with Oh My Primus for third party and Hasbro/Takara Tomy Transformers over the years and there's never been a problem. I've never ordered a DX Valkyrie from them before tho, so take you're chances with BANDAI's distribution if you dare. ;)

You need to choose full payment or place a deposit.

They are an online and retail store in Singapore.

I wonder if they will do anything about the crotch lock? On the very 1st 29 I had, once I equipped the super parts, the crotch lock would come apart at the slightest bump. Then I got the SWS reissue but I never put the supers on because I was afraid it would weaken the crotch lock.