DX Chogokin YF-29 (Alto) Durandal Valkyrie - Reissue

joppewo

Hello,

Thank you for your recent order from HobbyLink Japan.

*snip*

Luke Wilson

HLJ Customer Support

http://www.hlj.com/

That's good to know. HLJ is always been nice. ;) But... isn't that Owen Wilson's brother? :rolleyes:

So that's why there was a May preorder, then?

I hope that's the case for May restocking to correct the first re-runs. ;) It's going to be funny if the May restocking also will have the SWS markings. ^_^

Well n-y replied to me. They said they can not offer the replacement part. No explanation was given. Guess I'm screwed. I'm not sure why they can't get the replacement part from bandai.

Bandai announced they will 'work with' their distributors to send the replacement part to those who bought the Valk, but I'm guessing the distributors have to cover the shipping bill themselves. If so, not surprise NY replied as such. I also received the email from HLJ, and I think they played it smart by getting their customers to ship their Valk together with the replacement part. :D

Hello,

Thank you for your recent order from HobbyLink Japan.

Bandai has informed us that they made a misprint on the left shoulder

of the item "DX Chogokin YF-25 Durandal Valkyrie Alto Saotome Custom

Variable Fighter" (BAN968698); they will be providing us with

corrected parts on or around May 20.

If you currently have this item in your Private Warehouse, please *do

not* create a shipment for it. Once we receive the replacement parts

from Bandai, we will notify you via e-mail that the item is ready to

ship. We will be able to include it with your item when you request

its shipping after that time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and

appreciate your understanding.

Thank you for shopping with us!

Luke Wilson

HLJ Customer Support

http://www.hlj.com/

Got this email too but Aaron Miller, I didn't get the celebrity Luke Wilson. :lol:

Bummer. I ordered with NY... For those out there that do not care about the misprint, I just want to let you know that I'm willing to buy your replacement part if you can get ahold of it for me.

Edited by Lorindor

Damn my reissued durandal YF-29 has also the misprint tampo problem on the shoulder piece but I got it from NY. Any kind souls willing to help obtain a replacement shoulder piece from Bandai. Shipping cost will be bourne by me of course. Thanks

I think NY should at least offer the option of the customer covering shipping if they really want the replacement part.

I would gladly pay shipping if I get the replacement part. So far NY hasn't responded to my ticket. :(

It's Golden Week so I'm assuming NY would be off the entire week... which means I'm not going to get my HMR Roy anytime soon.

Didn't you pay awhile ago? did Roy mess up their whole automatic invoice system ?

FYI I would avoid nippon yassan if I can. Their customer service is terrible.

I have for the most part stopped ordering from NY unless it's a Tamashii web exclusive. I primarily order from HLJ because of the great service and private warehouse option.

Golden week is always brutal when waiting on something from JP. My last order from HLJ luckily shipped out before Golden week started.

Edited by Loop

Normally I would be annoyed about the error, but in this case its funny. I have taken photos, handled, swooshed, transformed the YF-30 and owned it for years and never noticed it till now. :lol: :lol:

You slid this one past us Bandai... :blink: S\/\/S

Edited by Saburo

I almost wouldn't be surprised if the YF-30 thing is on purpose. You get one canard correct for both battroid and fighter, similar to how the VF-1's gunpod always had UN SPACY upside down on one side.

I did check a screenshot from the game though, and the canards there both have SMS oriented to be right side up in battroid. I'd guess it pretty much boils down to Bandai probably not being familiar enough with the alphabet to know the difference. :huh: