DX Chogokin YF-29 (Alto) Durandal Valkyrie - Reissue

joppewo

Wow, I just got a reply back from HLJ.

Looks like Bandai had informed them of the printing error and they are discussing with Bandai on how to get the replacement part.

Here is a copy of the email reply

*The name has been changed to protect the innocent* :lol:

Dear Saburo,

Thank you for writing. We have been informed about the printing error from Bandai too. We are discussing with Bandai about how we can get the replacement parts, so please hold your item as is for now, and we will get back to you once we decide how to deal with this issue. We apologize for the trouble, but your understanding is appreciated.

Thank you for shopping with HobbyLink Japan!

Edited by Saburo

Amiami sent me this. I wonder if HLJ will do the same.

attachicon.gifami.jpg

I also wonder why Bandai didn't do the same for the broken VF-171 CF triangles.

That is good that they sent an email out. I was wondering if AmiAmi would just leave the US residents and other countries outside of Japan high and dry. I know a few members here got shut out with the Arcadia YF-19 first release.

Edited by Saburo

Wow, I just got a reply back from HLJ.

Looks like Bandai had informed them of the printing error and they are discussing with Bandai on how to get the replacement part.

Here is a copy of the email reply

*The name has been changed to protect the innocent* :lol:

Dear Saburo,

Thank you for writing. We have been informed about the printing error from Bandai too. We are discussing with Bandai about how we can get the replacement parts, so please hold your item as is for now, and we will get back to you once we decide how to deal with this issue. We apologize for the trouble, but your understanding is appreciated.

Thank you for shopping with HobbyLink Japan!

Just sent them an email as well just so that they can keep me in the loop. Hopefully we can get replacements this way. I will also try to contact my friend in Japan to see if i can get one through him. If i get a second i'll just give it away to someone on here that couldnt get one.

Can't believe Bandai seems to care about this, and ignores all the other issues where parts are entirely shattering. <_<

Well, the SWS error is an easy fix and doesn't involve too many parts. The shoulder part on the VF-17 is so complex, it will take exrtra hours to replace.

I'm also in the "why in the hell they didn't do anything about the 171 CF's" camp. They are still going to make a 171. Why can't they just run extra triangles without the colored stripe or something. And I would gladly pay for them.

Edited by ErikElvis

Yeah, this is no different than replacing the NUNS triangles, and it's even more work than replacing the lower ones, since they don't even need tampo.

This is pretty much unheard of, since every serious issue seen so far (missing pieces, broken pieces, valks assembled freaking backwards with two left arms) has been met with "Screw you, send the entire thing back."

Dare we hope that someone at Bandai finally realized that supporting your customers is a beneficial strategy?

Edited by Chronocidal

I'm shocked you even need to send the defective part back in. That causes unnecessary work on the customers behalf. They should have just asked that the end user submit proof of purchase via some online form and then ship you out a new one.

I'm wondering if the new batch will have the same problem?

Edited by Loop

I'm shocked you even need to send the defective part back in. That causes unnecessary work on the customers behalf. They should have just asked that the end user submit proof of purchase via some online form and then ship you out a new one.

Well, "proof of purchase" can be relatively easily faked as opposed to an actual defective part...

Well, "proof of purchase" can be relatively easily faked as opposed to an actual defective part...

Is it common practice to hoard small replacement pieces and sell them with a mark-up on ebay? I guess I'm spoiled by some of the 3rd party companies that send you replacement pieces for their toys free of charge from China. Of course the can do this because they are not multi billion dollar companies with millions of customers but still I want some customer support!

I've also sent a ticket to NY hoping that they will consider offering replacement parts if enough people request them.

Amiami sent me this. I wonder if HLJ will do the same.

attachicon.gifami.jpg

I also wonder why Bandai didn't do the same for the broken VF-171 CF triangles.

so does that mean that the original Alto 29 release shoulder pad markings are correct? Mine is in fighter mode and im simply not willing nor could be bothered transforming it (even only partially) to check..

oh well.. what does it matter anyways.

Is it possible to contact Bandai US about this as well? I mean, great on the online sellers who've responded thus far (amiami and HLJ) for providing top-notch customer service the way they usually do, but supposing you can't get it through them, Bandai US seems the next best option.

Well I just want to know if HLJ will be able to fulfill the May Restock orders since it was up fooooorrreeeevvveerrrrr.

And that's how I placed my order. lol

-b.

I do hope they fulfill it since now it says Discontinued rather than Order Stop which it was a couple of days ago. ;)

Is it possible to contact Bandai US about this as well? I mean, great on the online sellers who've responded thus far (amiami and HLJ) for providing top-notch customer service the way they usually do, but supposing you can't get it through them, Bandai US seems the next best option.

Wouldn't hurt to email them and ask. :)

Because this item is NOT a USA Bandai item, the chances of them offering support is slim to none.

Where did you order your?, did you try asking them?

Because this item is NOT a USA Bandai item, the chances of them offering support is slim to none.

That's being generous/optimistic. My answer is "zero chance, don't waste time writing an email".

You might as well ask the FAA to do something about bad food on a North Korean airline...

Oh no, I didn't buy one (wish I had that kind of spare cash lying around, I would seriously want one of these or the 171 just to dink around with once but only one and only once :p), I was just throwing it out there. It's a long shot for any kind of support from Bandai US, but I know they were still replacing Gundam model kit parts as recently as a few years ago (haven't checked since), so it's not completely a lost cause. If people can't get help through the stores (seems NY is the only one to have not yet responded), this would be their one and only alternative.

Edited by kajnrig

Hello,

Thank you for your recent order from HobbyLink Japan.

Bandai has informed us that they made a misprint on the left shoulder

of the item "DX Chogokin YF-25 Durandal Valkyrie Alto Saotome Custom

Variable Fighter" (BAN968698); they will be providing us with

corrected parts on or around May 20.

If you currently have this item in your Private Warehouse, please *do

not* create a shipment for it. Once we receive the replacement parts

from Bandai, we will notify you via e-mail that the item is ready to

ship. We will be able to include it with your item when you request

its shipping after that time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and

appreciate your understanding.

Thank you for shopping with us!

Luke Wilson

HLJ Customer Support

http://www.hlj.com/

Hello,

Thank you for your recent order from HobbyLink Japan.

Bandai has informed us that they made a misprint on the left shoulder

of the item "DX Chogokin YF-25 Durandal Valkyrie Alto Saotome Custom

Variable Fighter" (BAN968698); they will be providing us with

corrected parts on or around May 20.

If you currently have this item in your Private Warehouse, please *do

not* create a shipment for it. Once we receive the replacement parts

from Bandai, we will notify you via e-mail that the item is ready to

ship. We will be able to include it with your item when you request

its shipping after that time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused, and

appreciate your understanding.

Thank you for shopping with us!

Luke Wilson

HLJ Customer Support

http://www.hlj.com/

I got that e-mail as well. Good to know HLJ is helping us out but I wonder if CDJ would do the same. Time to write an e-mail.

Edited by neoexcaliber

I got a similar mail from HLJ:

Thanks for writing.

Bandai will be supplying us with replacement parts sometime next month. At that time, we will be issuing replacements to our customers as well. We'll be contacting all customers who have purchased this item shortly, with more information about the replacement parts. Please keep an eye on your inbox for that message.

We appreciate your business with us, and hope you have a great day!

Best regards,

Aaron Miller
HobbyLink Japan
www.hlj.com

I really like this customer service by HLJ, I will probably start buying with them more often.

Edited by Alberich

Well n-y replied to me. They said they can not offer the replacement part. No explanation was given. Guess I'm screwed. I'm not sure why they can't get the replacement part from bandai.

maybe they are not an official distributor so no direct contact with Bandai on this replacement issue. They are more of a proxy anyways, with all the tamashii web exclusives and limited stuff.