DX Chogokin YF-29 (Alto) Durandal Valkyrie - Reissue

joppewo

I have a possibly dumb question, but one that has bugged me for pretty much forever on this design...

What is with the stupid black gill markings ahead of the wings? And why do they insist on putting those things on EVERY release (minus Isamu's)??

looks to be purely decorative.. I'll admit I would rather them not be there either!

My 29 broke obliterating its resale value...and since I had to fix it, I modded it and one of the first things I did was get rid of the black "tiger" stripes.

box.jpg

lift-off.jpgsweep.jpg

fighter.jpg

Interestingly the red color is what draws me to this Valkyrie. Too many white Valkyries in my Frontier display area. ^_^

I really like red valks as well (reminds me of Milia)!

The orange, yellow and some other colored lines were not my fancy so much and it's quite easy to remove the stripes (and any other paint you don't prefer as well). You just need some paper towels, 91% isopropyl alcohol, and some patience to rub it off (and blue painters tape to mask off other nearby paint). Of course you wouldn't want to do this if you are concerned about resale value.

Edited by Bobby

Those are some cool mods Bobby!

The real question for this release, is did Bandai correct the issues with floppiness with the hip and other joints? The first releases of the Alto 29 were absolute trash in that regard.

-b.

I'm so tempted to this, but a question is there any other Bandai Valk reissue is the near future? I ask because I was late to the VF-25's renewal versions and the VF-25G very pricey right now and I would love to see a reissue of that Valk or the YF-30.

If you're interested with YF-30, Kaneda's Bike is selling his over here.

You're. Welcome. ;)

Just Paypal me my endorsing fees. :lol:

LOL, Spoken like a true business person. B))

Kanedas, I can't remember what I was asking, I should know...

Looks nice!

Well, I guess importantly we all hope this re-issue has all or more of the improvements of the YF-29B, and later 29 releases which would make it similar to those models in that regard.

But yeah, the 29's are all the same minus paint schemes, head units and small changes to the gunpods (don't recall the differences off-hand).

-b.

My 29 broke obliterating its resale value...and since I had to fix it, I modded it and one of the first things I did was get rid of the black "tiger" stripes.

It actually looks WAY better without the turbines on the wings. Between that and the removed black striping, the fighter mode looks much sleeker.

It is the same except for the head unit is slightly different and you have a different color scheme. The thing is though this release is Alto's machine so it would be a more iconic piece to some collectors. I skipped it on the initial release but bit the bullet when they reissued it the first time. The biggest issue I can see with these late reissues is that it will probably cost a bit more to get the supers now.

Edited by Loop

It is the same except for the head unit is slightly different and you have a different color scheme. The thing is though this release is Alto's machine so it would be a more iconic piece to some collectors. I skipped it on the initial release but bit the bullet when they reissued it the first time. The biggest issue I can see with these late reissues is that it will probably cost a bit more to get the supers now.

I would not call the cost of the supers as "bit". :p

lift-off.jpg

fighter.jpg

I really like red valks as well (reminds me of Milia)!

The orange, yellow and some other colored lines were not my fancy so much and it's quite easy to remove the stripes (and any other paint you don't prefer as well). You just need some paper towels, 91% isopropyl alcohol, and some patience to rub it off (and blue painters tape to mask off other nearby paint). Of course you wouldn't want to do this if you are concerned about resale value.

Firstly I have to say im sorry to hear your Valkyrie got damage but I also have to say that I do rather like you modifications! Looks quite clean without the wing boosters and the canards in the rearward position are also a nice touch!

I did that to my original SV-51 which I much preferred and im also tempted to switch them around on the 3 I have now! Its just a scary thought to modify them as they are mint examples and I don't want to screw them up..

That is pretty cheap for an Alto Valk! :huh:

still not a bad price but if you remember how much they wanted for these in Mandarake only up until not that long ago! 30k+ You'd be crazy not to buy it from CDJ or Ami!

The "Enabler" Strikes Back lol

Dammit, just missing this and the Rod to complete the 29 line up. Not to keen on dropping $200 just yet

Edit: bit the bullet, along with grimgerde and PAK cloud. RIP wallet

hehe! saving money is for pussy's! spend spend spend is my motto! ;):lol:

and if you don't have money of your own to spend then spend someone else's! :p:D

Congrats mate! B))