If it makes you feel better, Discovery is confirmed to be in the Prime universe. But yeah, pre-TOS.

Intriguing.....after Enterprise and before TOS. I might have to give this a chance. I just finished rewatching Enterprise and I pissed off all over again about the cancellation and the last episode. I'm also left wanting more from that universe, $@&*$!

I've been on a slow Trek re-watch for the last year so my I interest is growing. Through second season of Voyager, starting in on DS9, which I saw most of in TV, and gonna try to get through Enterprise which I only ever saw a few season 1 episodes.

Y'know, it's ugly ungainliness is growing on me. I like that it looks like a ship kludged together from separate design ideals, like a Trek version of the Normandy. I'm especially interested in the rumours of a Klingon captain, as a post-war gesture of goodwill and trust.

If it has a Klingon captain than the show has totally gone of the rails. There was not a chance in heck of a Klingon being the captain of a Federation starship at this time.

Y'know, it's ugly ungainliness is growing on me. I like that it looks like a ship kludged together from separate design ideals, like a Trek version of the Normandy. I'm especially interested in the rumours of a Klingon captain, as a post-war gesture of goodwill and trust.

I had this idea before the Star Trek reboot that Paramount should have made a Klingon focused action film in the Star Trek universe using Vin Diesel and The Rock, this was before they starred in the F&F movies together. The premise was their characters would be two Klingon brothers out for revenge on a corrupt Federation officer and bring honor back to their House. It would also expand on the 'dish best served cold' proverb too.

That isn't better.

I agree. I respect McQuarie for his work but Star Wars needs to stay in Star Wars. His design was awful, and no amount of tweaking can fix it, IMO.

More power to those that like it though. :)

Chris

Edited by Dobber

I showed a couple of guys at work the trailer today. Cold. Neither of them had seen it or heard about it.

They were both "what game is this? Pretty decent graphics. Xbox?"

Then I told them what it really was. They both walked away with their eyes stuck to the back of their heads.

Better than what they showed in the teaser. Not my full cup of tea, but it does look real good.

It makes it look like a Federation vessel, at least.

As I said last time the link showed up" It is a snazzy-looking ship, and why isn't CBS doing that?

Doctor Who is a bit different. Very few people saw the old one here in the U.S. back in the old days and the newer one became much bigger due to the old fans and newer fans including a large preteen female following. I guess chicks dig doctors and being British makes him hotter or something. Anyway Star Trek has a mostly old fan base with a few newer ones from the shows in the 90's and a bit from the new films.

Maybe Star Trek needs more British people and doctors and British doctors. Then again maybe the problem is that doctors in star trek don't make money at that point in the future.

Not a good sign when the producers says "Lower your expectations..."

http://www.darkhorizons.com/bryan-fuller-explains-star-trek-discovery-title/

While I've been critical of what CBS is doing with this show, it'd be more fair to put the entire quote;

“Lower your expectations. It is a symbiotic relationship and all I’m suggesting is that if you go with open minds and open hearts, you may be rewarded. Whereas if you go with a set of impossible to realize expectations, which even you cannot specifically define, then we’re bound to fail. And so I’m saying: Get loose.”

-b.

While I've been critical of what CBS is doing with this show, it'd be more fair to put the entire quote;

“Lower your expectations. It is a symbiotic relationship and all I’m suggesting is that if you go with open minds and open hearts, you may be rewarded. Whereas if you go with a set of impossible to realize expectations, which even you cannot specifically define, then we’re bound to fail. And so I’m saying: Get loose.”

-b.

Yes that's true, you're completely right. I guess I'm just still hurting from that horrible teaser and frugly ship design... that its tainted my expectations.

Yes that's true, you're completely right. I guess I'm just still hurting from that horrible teaser and frugly ship design... that its tainted my expectations.

Quoted for truth sir.

And honestly, between the subscription nonsense, the horrible teaser and the ship design, yours, mine and probably a lot of other people probably already lowered expectations.

I respect Meyer for directing (IMHO) the two best prime movies, Trek II and VI so I'm inclined to keep a partially open mind, but they're making it very hard to do so.

-b.

Don't like the ship either, but I'm REALLY peeved at having to pay to watch it.....apparently still with commercials at that! US viewers are getting screwed. I refuse to pay for CBS all access so I guess I'll miss the show. Oh well.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Don't like the ship either, but I'm REALLY peeved at having to pay to watch it.....apparently still with commercials at that! US viewers are getting screwed. I refuse to pay for CBS all access so I guess I'll miss the show. Oh well.

Chris

Wait.

Commercials too?

Heeeellll no. I just literally laughed out loud.

-b.

So a corporation that's getting tax breaks is forcing us to pay a subscription fee for a channel that's going to have commercials?

Unless the pilot is so good it burns out the common sense in my brain, pass.