I am in the "add a subtitle" camp. I hate it when a new production just uses the name of the original wholesale. And this would be the FOURTH production to be titled simply "Star Trek".

No one is ever going to confuse this with Kirk's Enterprise or Kirk's Enterprise in a cartoon or Kirk's Enterprise with lens flare, but it just makes for awkward conversation... or would if Trekkies ever referred to the first show as Star Trek instead of "TOS".

Really, what concept art could they show at this point in time? The show is set up as an anthology series where each season could take place at various different times. Who's to say they've even nailed down what the first season is or where it will be?

Really, what concept art could they show at this point in time? The show is set up as an anthology series where each season could take place at various different times. Who's to say they've even nailed down what the first season is or where it will be?

The kind that you'd have for the first or really any of the anthology. It doesn't take much to have a concept, then come up with art around it.

Neil B. had Alien concept art months ago, and despite the fact that nothing was nailed down, there were visual concepts of his idea available to see.

It's not at all unreasonable to ask or wonder if any is available.

-b.

The kind that you'd have for the first or really any of the anthology. It doesn't take much to have a concept, then come up with art around it.

Neil B. had Alien concept art months ago, and despite the fact that nothing was nailed down, there were visual concepts of his idea available to see.

It's not at all unreasonable to ask or wonder if any is available.

-b.

He isn't working on an anthology right now either.

Just give us a CG Excelsior warping past those planets and nebulas.

Wouldn't look as good as the big-ass filming model. Isn't the Excelsior the largest one built for filming? (length-wise, at least---the first Ent-D may have more mass)

I know it was still marked as the Lakota when it was auctioned off, is it in London now? (whoever bought it...)

Wouldn't look as good as the big-ass filming model. Isn't the Excelsior the largest one built for filming? (length-wise, at least---the first Ent-D may have more mass)

Yeah, but the point is I like the Excelsior and wanna see more of it. I will settle for a lower-detail version.

I know it was still marked as the Lakota when it was auctioned off, is it in London now? (whoever bought it...)

I don't think the original Excelsior model exists anymore. Didn't they have to bastardize it in order to make the Ent-B for Generations?

From NX-2000 to NCC-2000 to NCC-1701-B, it's all the same filming model AFAIK...

The question regarding this new series, for me, is will it air on CBS or not? The teaser seems to hint at a broadcast, bu if they stick to the original intent to offer the series only through their premium online service, then they can stuff the whole thing up their collective sphincters.

Yup, just the one large Excelsior-class model built. I think the one they made for VOY:Flashback was around 3 feet long IIRC...

(they had to quick make a new one because they couldn't un-convert the Lakota back to standard configuration without ruining it---it was SUPPOSED to be possible, that's why everything fro the 2000-to-1701B change is "added on" and not "carved into" the baseline NCC-2000 confguration, but basically the glue was too strong)

From NX-2000 to NCC-2000 to NCC-1701-B, it's all the same filming model AFAIK...

The question regarding this new series, for me, is will it air on CBS or not? The teaser seems to hint at a broadcast, bu if they stick to the original intent to offer the series only through their premium online service, then they can stuff the whole thing up their collective sphincters.

What they've been saying is episode 1 will air on real television, and everything after that will be CBS All-Access Exclusive, thus dooming it to failure.

What they've been saying is episode 1 will air on real television, and everything after that will be CBS All-Access Exclusive, thus dooming it to failure.

I'm hoping they figure out it was a bad idea and put it out for syndication rather than cancelling it. First season will most likely end up on Netflix or Amazon and I'll try to see it there (at least on disk if nothing else)

The various networks and media outlets are trying to cut out the middle man, Netflix. This is one of the first forays into that process. Don't expect it to change, expect it to get more prevalent.

This is why Netflix themselves are doing more and more original programming. They saw this coming years ago.

Honestly, I thought it was everyone realizing that a subscription model is VERY lucrative and trying to get a piece of that pie. Everyone is trying to set up some form of subscription, preferably autorenewing so they can roll in the free money when people forget to cancel it.

I've seen a friggin' Android notepad application with a subscription service.

• 1 month later...

What do all of you think about the Ban-hammer TPBT have laid upon fandom with their new guidelines designed to prevent fan works like Renegades or Axanar?

What do all of you think about the Ban-hammer TPBT have laid upon fandom with their new guidelines designed to prevent fan works like Renegades or Axanar?

I literally could not care less.

• 4 weeks later...

Good news for Trek fans outside of USA and Canada, Netflix has acquired international licensing for the new show.

Each episode will be available a day after premier in the states!

Additionally TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT will be added to the library end of 2016.

Source -> Netflix

Hmm, the real question for me then becomes what quality the DS9 and Voyager episodes will come in. At the moment we lack an HD transfer of those shows. I hope the Netflix deal helps alleviate that issue.

Good news for Trek fans outside of USA and Canada, Netflix has acquired international licensing for the new show.

Each episode will be available a day after premier in the states!

Additionally TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT will be added to the library end of 2016.

Source -> Netflix

I thought all those shows were on Netflix already? TOS and Voyager and Enterprise at least - I remember watching them.

Good news on the new show being there, I was thinking of dropping Netflix (and may still if Amazon Video gets the new show too)