Bandai 1/35 DX VF-1

eriku

Well, remember that 1/48 VF-25 that got teased years ago?

Yeah, no one else really seems to either. :p

To be fair though, a 1/35 VF-1 is still pretty small compared to a Gundam. It's only going to about 18 inches long in fighter, which is perfectly manageable for an aircraft model.

didn't manage to sneak in any photos by any chance? This is where the Vulcan mind meld trick would come in handy... :rolleyes:

Fall hard! :lol:

Haha, nope, there was an employee guarding it.

Any hint if FAST packs were already thought of? (Like mounting holes visible etc).

Not that I saw, but at this stage, ot doesnt surpirse me there werent any...it didnt even have any joints at all, just a big fixed pose figure.

Saw it in person today. Its huge, however, it was clearly a very early resin test sample: solid parts, no joints, etc. However, there were lights in the visor, shoulder light things, bay doors on the legs....and maybe the gunpod. No other info or pics were ar the event, other than it being listed as DX Chogokin. The scuplt did look very promising though!

Thanks for posting this, Jarrod. It's exciting. ;) From what you've posted, this one looks promising. I just hope that it will pass the resin stage and on to the mass production conveyor. If not, I envy those who get to see the actual 1/35 VF-1 figure. By the way, not sure if this is already discussed, but can you tell us which VF-1? J, A, D, or S? Thanks!

Bandai, such a tease. I doubt it'll ever hit mass production. They've been sitting on their 1/35 RX-78 for a couple of years now, so this mega-valk will probably have the same fate. If am wrong though...shoot, my head can only blow up once.

probably be the case.. just as with the forever illusive Yamato 1:60 HWR-00-MKII Destroid Monster.. :rolleyes:-_-

so if this is variable, i'm gonna get it and its going to be the centerpiece of my display. the listing reported somewhere said "battroid" though so i'm....not going to get my hopes up yet. and no...as big as a vf-1 fan as i am i am not going to recollect dozens of valks in this size.

also...please bandai stop using those crappy self loosening ball joints in your designs.. at 40cm size....that will suck doubly... kthnx bye

Edited by Mechapilot77

I wish I could find the post where I basically outlined this idea. Deluxe chogokin VF-1 with some premium features.

It's a no brainer though.

It's a shared dream - many of us have outlined similar ideas over the years which is why this is so cool to see as a possible reality. I remember as far back as early 2000's people daydreaming about a toy of this nature, listing all the extra features and accessories that they'd like to see. When the 1/48 came along with its removable nosecone, larger size, opening hatches and other details it felt like a step closer. My personal daydream was a little different in that I always specified the more unwieldy 1/18 scale, but I'll take this one gladly. :D

so if this is variable, i'm gonna get it and its going to be the centerpiece of my display. the listing reported somewhere said "battroid" though so i'm....not going to get my hopes up yet. and no...as big as a vf-1 fan as i am i am not going to recollect dozens of valks in this size.

also...please bandai stop using those crappy self loosening ball joints in your designs.. at 40cm size....that will suck doubly... kthnx bye

The problem with the ball joints is that the assemblies (i.e. the shoulders and the hips) where they're implemented are very small so there is no room for a set of ratchet joints/swivels that offer the same range of movement, So your basically forced to use a ball-joint. A 1/35 scale mode should be big enough to allow for more elaborate joints.

I'm probably alone in wanting this to be a non-transformable VF-1. While having the ability to transform is great, I'm worried that it'll either be too unwieldy or not sturdy enough or both.

I'm fine with the idea of a fixed Battroid that has the best detail and gimmicks as possible at that scale without compromising quality (like the Fewture Ultimetal Optimus Prime).

Edited by ArchieNov

I'm probably alone in wanting this to be a non-transformable VF-1. While having the ability to transform is great, I'm worried that it'll either be too unwieldy or not sturdy enough or both.

I'm fine with the idea of a fixed Battroid that has the best detail and gimmicks as possible at that scale without compromising quality (like the Fewture Ultimetal Optimus Prime).

You're not alone. But for me, I wanted to be in Gerwalk mode... coz it's Macross and that's what they're know for. ;)

It'll be something if they can fit all of those gimmicks in and keep it transformable and sturdy/durable.

If it's just a glowy 1J statue? I'm not sure if I'll bite. I would be more interested in glowy goodnes with a capital ship such as the SDF-1 or the Battle-7 in cruiser mode.

I brightened it a bit.

attachicon.gifVF1J_35.jpg

The fists do look big, but if you look at the base of the fingers it appears they may be individually jointed, so taking that into account those big mitts could easily fold up into the forearms.

oh i am totally getting this. i'd sell every non screen frontier valk to pay for it to if i had to. i REALLY hope it transforms but if not i might still be interested. looks great so far. lets hope they continue to refine.

the sketches behind it are a total fail to show with this piece if i doesn't transform though. haha

Edited by Mechapilot77

Those fists look a little too big to be able to fold away into those forearms. So they are either optional attachable fists or perhaps the first indication that the 1/35 will be non-transformable.

It's sure to have optional hands just like 99.9999999% of everything Bandai releases, and yeah the hands that are shown look pretty good.

And the lights are a big ole "Meh" - all it does is evoke feelings of Toynami. Give me real features in a Valkyrie that size.

-b.

I brightened it a bit.

attachicon.gifVF1J_35.jpg

The fists do look big, but if you look at the base of the fingers it appears they may be individually jointed, so taking that into account those big mitts could easily fold up into the forearms.

Holy hell, it's transformable! That looks like the Hi-Metal's swingbar on it, and there's a noticable line on the forearm, so that the fists can fold back into it. The long wings are also a giveaway; if it was meant to be non-transformable, Bandai would've shortened the wings to make them line art accurate.

What astonishes me is it doesn't have the ballerina limbs of the Yamato/Aradia toys. Unless the camera angle is playing tricks, this might be the most accurate VF-1 ever. :o

It's sure to have optional hands just like 99.9999999% of everything Bandai releases, and yeah the hands that are shown look pretty good.

And the lights are a big ole "Meh" - all it does is evoke feelings of Toynami. Give me real features in a Valkyrie that size.

-b.

Fortunately it seems the light doesn't make the entire head glow like the Toynami. :D