Bandai 1/35 DX VF-1

eriku

I think you guys are crazy.It's made by Bandai, not Arcadia. You think they're going to go more than twice what they're charging for the VF-19Advance? I wouldn't be surprised if they sell it for the exact same price as Arcadia is using for whatever release they have out at the time. HMM... I can pay 32000 Yen for an Arcadia cannon fodder VF-0A or a 1/35 DX VF-1...

If they're going to put lights in it, they might as well go all the way and put navigational lights in the wings and stabilizers, and maybe an illuminated cockpit display. I'd be willing to shell out for such a valkyrie, but only once (not that I ever intended to buy an entire squadron at 1/35 scale).

At least they got the chest stripes right. :p

I'd love if they managed to wire up the actual aircraft lights as well, but I'm not expecting them to even try that. I remember someone attempting to do that to one of the 1/60 unassembled kits once, and the amount of complex wiring to get power to the tips of the wings and tails was a bit excessive. I'm sure it'd work fine in this scale, but I don't know if I'd want to transform something that potentially fragile.

the whole electrical lighting thing is a cool idea but to be honest I'd happily skip it in favor of more or better surface detailing. Besides the whole running a wire to it for power kinda puts me off and I certainly don't want to start messing about with friggin batteries.

I think you guys are crazy.It's made by Bandai, not Arcadia. You think they're going to go more than twice what they're charging for the VF-19Advance? I wouldn't be surprised if they sell it for the exact same price as Arcadia is using for whatever release they have out at the time. HMM... I can pay 32000 Yen for an Arcadia cannon fodder VF-0A or a 1/35 DX VF-1...

I hope I'm totally wrong. :(

Guest davidwhangchoi

bluetooth will drain power more quickly, not sure it's realistic... entering earth's atmosphere and risk heatshield failing :unsure: batteries last longer.

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I'm guessing around the $500 mark.

$500 might be getting a little on the steep side of pricing.. Though if that did end up being the case then I'd still buy it simply for what it is! $300 USD max is on or around the money I reckon..

bluetooth will drain power more quickly, not sure it's realistic... entering earth's atmosphere and risk heatshield failing :unsure:batteries last longer.

I think we'll leave that concern for when or if they ever build the 1:1 scale example eh! hehe! :p

This got my attention!

I think that goes without saying! :D

I'm wondering if this will be a 1 off toy kind of thing and they wouldn't milk the molds and do a VF-1S? Maybe done as some kind of limited exclusive. I just don't see them making something like this in mass quantities and multiple versions.

Edited by sharky

$500 might be getting a little on the steep side of pricing.. Though if that did end up being the case then I'd still buy it simply for what it is! $300 USD max is on or around the money I reckon..

I have a feeling that the basic price for this one will be around Y40000-55000 for that size and details and if ever this one is transformable. Remember this is around 36cm in height. I'm just basing this from the DX Konig Monster released last 2010 with a price tag of Y20000, 30cm long during shuttle mode. ;)

I'm wondering if this will be a 1 off toy kind of thing and they wouldn't milk the molds and do a VF-1S? Maybe done as some kind of limited exclusive. I just don't see them making something like this in mass quantities and multiple versions.

It's still 50/50 at this stage. That's why some members here always mentioning some Bandai displayed products which it didn't see the light of the day after it was shown in some of the conventions/shows.

But like someone mentioned before, it might be limited or the only variant it might come out after the 1J, is Roy's 1S and Hikaru's 1S coz that's the safe Valk to produce that people might buy.

I have a feeling that the basic price for this one will be around Y40000-55000 for that size and details and if ever this one is transformable. Remember this is around 36cm in height. I'm just basing this from the DX Konig Monster released last 2010 with a price tag of Y20000, 30cm long during shuttle mode. ;)

It's still 50/50 at this stage. That's why some members here always mentioning some Bandai displayed products which it didn't see the light of the day after it was shown in some of the conventions/shows.

But like someone mentioned before, it might be limited or the only variant it might come out after the 1J, is Roy's 1S and Hikaru's 1S coz that's the safe Valk to produce that people might buy.

that's true.. but I can also see Bandai pricing it closer to recent Arcadia releases simply to piss them off and gain even more of the Macross market share. They know this will sell well which in turn will give them some better leverage with the final asking price. Or at least enough to give Arcadia a serious head ache!

Edited by spanner76

I think this will sell much better than most will be expecting. Due to the sheer size it's going to appeal to MP transformer fans, and general 80's robot guys who like beefier robots.

No doubt. And we'll be lucky if it does sell well for those reasons. I don't know about any of you guys, but I'm going to be hard pressed to keep up next year with what's in the pipeline based on the Tamashii Nations preview. Not even considering what Arcadia has in store for us and the Evolution Toy VF-2SS with SAP. I'm already assuming the 1/35 VF-1J and the 1/1800 SDF-1 will be out of my reach if I want to collect DX Delta toys, HMR, SH Figurearts, and an Aracdia release or 2.

Edited by sharky

I think the materials won't be nearly the same as a dx frontier release, so the pricing will be vastly different.

Yeah.. I don't have that problem because I gave up on Frontier DX stuff and I don't like the designs for the new Delta show at all, as it's just Frontier rehashes.

I'm going to Stick to Arcadia and this 1/35 from Bandai.

Edited by Gakken85

I think the materials won't be nearly the same as a dx frontier release, so the pricing will be vastly different.

Yeah.. I don't have that problem because I gave up on Frontier DX stuff and I don't like the designs for the new Delta show at all, as it's just Frontier rehashes.

I'm going to Stick to Arcadia and this 1/35 from Bandai.

You don't like the Draken, Gakken? People are hoping it's a new design though it feels like it's going to transform ala-21. ;)

If current forex rates hold, I think srp will be in the low to mid 400s usd.

Thank God I'm getting a raise XD

Good for you, sir. Congrats! ;)

If current forex rates hold, I think srp will be in the low to mid 400s usd.

Thank God I'm getting a raise XD

$400 usd.. :unsure: that's heading north of $600 aud! :wacko: Aussie dollar ain't worth a pinch of 5h!t at the moment.. :rolleyes: Im still hoping for 35k to 40k yen max. Yeah I know that's quite optimistic.. -_-

And yeah that reminds me, im due for a pay rise soon too I think!? Supposed to get one every 12 months and its now a bit overdue. <_<

$400 usd.. :unsure: that's heading north of $600 aud! :wacko: Aussie dollar ain't worth a pinch of 5h!t at the moment.. :rolleyes: Im still hoping for 35k to 40k yen max. Yeah I know that's quite optimistic.. -_-

And yeah that reminds me, im due for a pay rise soon too I think!? Supposed to get one every 12 months and its now a bit overdue. <_<

Try living in Argentina were the currency exchange rise to over 1/12 .....