Bandai 1/35 DX VF-1

eriku

if it weren't for the stupid light up gimmicks I'd be hoping $250ish. After all, Yamato was giving us the 1/60 V2 for peanuts in comparison. I'm assuming the V2 was a bright spot for them and not the reason they're not around any more :(.

What variants will we see? I'm guessing:

1) VF-1J Hikaru

2) VF-1S Focker
3) VF-1S Hikaru

I'd be surprised if it goes beyond that but as I recall, Yamato never planned on making many 1/48s.

Edited by jenius

Not twice the size, that would be 1/24. What 1/72 line are you referring to?

Their general "DX Chogokin" frontier releases are 1/72 yes? or is technically 1/60?

Most of their SOC stuff retails for right around $175-200 and usually ends up being $220 with shipping. Height varies by release of course.

Some of those like the Gunbuster release has some transformation like gimmicks, but Idk how complex this will be.

Edited by Gakken85

:o TV VF-1J is friggin sweet!! its my all time fav Valkyrie! :D

VF-1J was the obvious first choice.....Hikaru is the hero of SDFM/DYRL......plus it can easily be released with TV-style clown hands and TV-pilot to make it close to 99% TV accurate.....I am pretty sure they will do this 1/35 with DYRL style cockpit (unless they can somehow release it with a swappable cockpit, VF-11 style???).....

Then the next easiest TV/DYRL release would be the Roy VF-1S........and if the panels will be removable....what if...BIG what if.....they can swap the parts/panels that make it either a RED/YELLOW/BLUE/GREEN VF-1S DYRL-type???

Some of the differences to keep in mind.....

VF1_canopy_variants.jpg

TV....

xBxRu.gif

DYRL.....

vf-1-dyrl-cockpit2.gif

TV "clown" hands....(note hatches on the 1/35th DX :rolleyes:...I'd be happy with just magic hands that you have to attach! )

vf-1-magichands.gif

DYRL Hands.....(finally...no more chicken hands! :lol: )

vf-1-dyrl-hands.gif

And of course.....the pilots.....

TV.....

464beee3e9496&filename=spes_2010_1.gif

DYRL.....

464bef876e23e&filename=spes_2011_1.gif

Any other differences between the TV and Movie VF-1?

According to MW Member Jarrod who was there to see it in person, it only 'looks' finished, but it's actually an early prototype with all of the joints just sculpted to look the way they do, but they aren't actually functioning joints.

Guest davidwhangchoi

These things usually come a lot faster than I anticipate... I mean, hopefully I have time to cancel all the other orders when the time comes. lol.

this is what i'll be doing if it comes out :p

I like it. I'm just looking at it as the SOC VF-1 release and hoping it's up to those standards. haha. I feel if people are willing to spend $300 on Arcadia's stuff this is Bandai's attempt to get into that business space without doing 1/60's.

Premium features and feel, different scale.

I think the devil will be in the details. Accessories. Transformation problems..

VF-1J was the obvious first choice.....Hikaru is the hero of SDFM/DYRL...

True, I can see the logic in picking VF-1J first. But it's kind of like Star Wars. Luke is the hero, but many people like Han more or at least acknowledge he's the cooler character.

I guess this will be a new Holy Grail VF-1 toy. Move over 1/48, there's a new kid in town. :)

Edited by sharky