Bandai 1/35 DX VF-1

eriku

up close the detailing looks pretty good! Loving the rivets! The Hip / leg joints do look rather complicated yes.. I wonder if each leg swings down independently of each other and how much up sized Hi-Metal tech they might use on this? Does indeed look like they are using swing bars. Hope we get to see more of it soon!

up close the detailing looks pretty good! Loving the rivets! The Hip / leg joints do look rather complicated yes.. I wonder if each leg swings down independently of each other and how much up sized Hi-Metal tech they might use on this? Does indeed look like they are using swing bars. Hope we get to see more of it soon!

All in good time, with a Valk this size you'd think that Bandai would be able to come up with a really functional leg-swingbar system, room for everything to fit just right (evenly flush) and plenty of tabs so everything locks in place, especially Fighter mode. Don't want to buy this guy and find out it's a floppy mess!

Come on bandai, post more pics!! B))

Why choose 35 instead of 60? License aside, I think the reason is the Yamato v2 are already very good, Bandai cannot make a version that is good enough for most Macross fans (us) to re-buy them. Same for 48. Go big and they can have new features.

But there have been many vapor wares from Bandai shows we may never see this or the SDF anyway.

Okay, can I pose a guess? There's something in the nosecone that folds out to receive the legs. The legs then do the anime accurate transformation and latch on to those connection points.

I really hope Bandai was able to pull off the anime accurate transformation.

Edited by Saburo

that looks insane!!! finally a good picture of it! Definitely impressed and definitely an insta-buy!

the proportions still a little funny in spots but look very good from this angle. I have no issues with how this looks at all!

This is a MUST have!

Thanks for posting up the pic Saburo!

wow it's so detailed. the 1/1800 sdf-1 is weathered. that'll be amazing if they can pull that much detail if this gets a retail release. i'll definitely get three.

Fixed it for ya. ;):p

if they did supply the super parts yes it would be cool but.. personally I think I'd rather display this thing in a clean configuration! Its is going to look super stunning in fighter! Might have to buy three of em one for each mode! Oh my god im going to be broke!

`1 clean, 1 with Super Parts and 1 GBP. :D

One can dream.

don't forget the one "forever mint in box"

8 it is then! hehe! :D

May as well just round it up to 10 just for the sh!ts n giggles! ;):D

that way you can then have 3x mint in box! one for each mode even if you'll never transform them... :rolleyes:

Edited by spanner76

Guest davidwhangchoi

Fixed it for ya. ;):p

:) only if you get three :lol:

i'm still not digging battroid, but it's pretty clear the proportions are designed for fighter as some pointed out, this is going to be the ultimate fighter. i think it'll be nice to swoosh around g.i. joe 1980's skystriker style.

i'm still not digging battroid, but it's pretty clear the proportions are designed for fighter as some pointed out, this is going to be the ultimate fighter. i think it'll be nice to swoosh around g.i. joe 1980's skystriker style.

that's gonna be a big bird to swoosh around! im sure it'll have some weight to it and then you'll end up looking like that guy with the one strong arm from that movie "Lady in the water" hehehe!

Wonder why it needs a stand in batteroid is it that heavy he can't stand on his own?

Well, at 1/35 scale that thing probably weights a ton, and we don't know how stable it is standing straight up like that.

And it's a display piece at a hobby show. Someone might dump into it and cause it to topple over. It's not going to be a good look for a new product if that happen, people might start pressing the panic button regarding it's stability. So, yeah it's probably for safety reason.

don't forget the one "forever mint in box"

Can't forget the "Forever mint in box" :D

8 it is then! hehe! :D

May as well just round it up to 10 just for the sh!ts n giggles! ;):D

that way you can then have 3x mint in box! one for each mode even if you'll never transform them... :rolleyes:

Hmmm... most of my organs of have been pre-sold and I sold my soul long ago... I'll need to make money for 10 of them. :lol: I am already thinking if Bandai releases the TV Roy, Max, Milia and Kakizaki, then DYRL versions too!

Apparently I'll be getting 10 of them according to spanner. :lol:

But I am planning on 2, but who knows it could be 3.

Edited by Saburo