Bandai 1/35 DX VF-1

eriku

As per the ANN article, Bandai teased a mammoth 1/35 scale DX Chogokin VF-1J that stands 14 inches (35cm) high in Battroid mode with working lights.

What are you guys hoping for with this? I'm hoping it features articulated pilot figures. 1/35 is about the scale of Transformers Masterpiece toys like MP10 Optimus, so theoretically the pilot figures would be around the same size as the MP Spike & Daniel figures.

Here's the link to the article:

www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-10-29/bandai-teases-giant-26-inch-sdf-1-macross-14-inch-vf-1-valkyrie-toys/.94775

post-430-0-21178300-1446384764_thumb.jpg

Edited by eriku

Guest davidwhangchoi

i want, heatshield to come down during fighter so i can finally enter the earth without being burnt up. hence it's called a heatshield! bandai make it.

i also want intake covers to slide into place. that's all i'm asking

i want, heatshield to come down during fighter so i can finally enter the earth without being burnt up. hence it's called a heatshield! bandai make it.

i also want intake covers to slide into place. that's all i'm asking

I want a GBP! With all the missiles to shoot out at the same time... so I can point it at david! :p

Well I want all of that, at the push of a discreet button on the back.

For $ 150 shipped.

-b.

I do have a little trepidation over what the price will be, but at least it's Bandai and not Arcadia.

If this was Arcadia it would be $1000 minimum. I'm guessing/hoping Bandai will keep this under $300.

I'm also hoping that at this larger scale they use ratchet joints.

I do have a little trepidation over what the price will be, but at least it's Bandai and not Arcadia.

If this was Arcadia it would be $1000 minimum. I'm guessing/hoping Bandai will keep this under $300.

I'm also hoping that at this larger scale they use ratchet joints.

Hope you're right because the planned and never released 1/35 Metal Composite RX-78 ver Ka had a MSRP of U$D 1000.

Where's the link to the article? Thanks ahead eriku!

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-10-29/bandai-teases-giant-26-inch-sdf-1-macross-14-inch-vf-1-valkyrie-toys/.94775

I originally had Dengeki in the post, which was incorrect. Too many windows open at the same time! :D

Edited by eriku

All of Bandai's "experimentation" has lead up to this.......at this scale it will probably be the most perfect VF-1 ever.....I believe! ^_^

Hope you're right. ;) Time to sing... 'When you wish upon a star...'

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-10-29/bandai-teases-giant-26-inch-sdf-1-macross-14-inch-vf-1-valkyrie-toys/.94775

I originally had Dengeki in the post, which was incorrect. Too many windows open at the same time! :D

Ok, I know I read it correctly and some of the guys here says it's not true. And the links at the bottom is just the link to the corresponding Macross series.

Are they just mentioning the other upcoming and recent releases such as the VF-2SS, VF-0A and the VF-4G? In which paragraph-wised, it's shouldn't be part of the Hi-Metal R releases?

But it's true that there will be a Bandai DX YF-19 and VF-19?

Not putting all my hopes up in everything but just needed some clarification on what was posted. Thanks! ;)

Hope you're right. ;) Time to sing... 'When you wish upon a star...'

Ok, I know I read it correctly and some of the guys here says it's not true. And the links at the bottom is just the link to the corresponding Macross series.

Are they just mentioning the other upcoming and recent releases such as the VF-2SS, VF-0A and the VF-4G? In which paragraph-wised, it's shouldn't be part of the Hi-Metal R releases?

But it's true that there will be a Bandai DX YF-19 and VF-19?

Not putting all my hopes up in everything but just needed some clarification on what was posted. Thanks! ;)

Yeah, not to be obtuse but I'd like clarification too. IMO the article is a bit hard to follow (at least to me) in that regard.

And honestly I'd love a DX YF-19.

-b.

Scroll down past a few photos on the link and it says,

"It also teased (with no photographs allowed) a 1/35-scale DX Chōgōkin VF-1J Valkyrie Battroid that stands 14 inches (36 centimeters) high with light-up sensors and lights. The largest transforming VF-1J fighter toy was "only" 10.4 inches (26 centimeters) high at 1/48-scale."

"It also teased (with no photographs allowed) a 1/35-scale DX Chōgōkin VF-1J Valkyrie Battroid that stands 14 inches (36 centimeters) high with light-up sensors and lights. The largest transforming VF-1J fighter toy was "only" 10.4 inches (26 centimeters) high at 1/48-scale."

Ah, ok - thanks.

It'll be interesting to see how these teasers/announcements play out.

-b.

Thanks! But how about the other mentioned Valks in 1/100 scales such as the VF-2SS, VF-0A, and VF-4G? Any truth i. that to be released in HMR? Thanks again in advance. :)

The fact that they're doing the VF-1J makes me think it's probably a market test to see if they can make it profitable. Same way they approached the Hi-Metals, if I recall. I wouldn't be surprised if every add-on pack or alternate paint scheme is a web-shop item (which really isn't a huge issue anymore, considering they're easier to buy than the standard releases :p).

I don't even want to think about the price of something like this though. Bandai seems to have become fully aware of how deep the pockets of the Macross fanbase are, and decided to dive in headfirst.

While Arcadia can't really take any huge risks, Bandai doesn't share that particular restraint, and I'm curious to see how high-end they'll be willing to go.

As far as the design itself is concerned.. I don't know why they couldn't just go 1/32 and be sensible, but it's not that huge a difference. I do get the feeling that this is how big the VF-1 will need to be before the anime-accurate leg transfer panels will actually be feasible to implement. It's going to take some massively strong joints to make it reasonably poseable though.

Thanks! But how about the other mentioned Valks in 1/100 scales such as the VF-2SS, VF-0A, and VF-4G? Any truth i. that to be released in HMR? Thanks again in advance. :)

Yeah, ANN reported on those as well so I would assume it's true. From the same link:

"Even as Macross moves forward, it still has an eye on the past -- here are some of the variable fighter and enemy mecha toys teased in its 1/100-scale Hi-Metal R line:

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross/Macross: Do You Remember Love?: Regult (February 2016), VF-1S Strike Valkyrie (Hikaru in November, Focker in April 2016), Glaug (May 2016)

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross II: Lovers, Again: VF-2SS Valkyrie II (Nexx and Silvie with SAP)

Macross Zero: VF-0A Phoenix

The Super Dimension Fortress Macross: Flash Back 2012: VF-4 Lightning III

In its larger 1/60-scale DX Chōgōkin line, Bandai will offer:

Macross Plus: YF-19

Macross 7: VF-19 Custom Excalibur (Basara Nekki Special)"

:::EDIT:::

Nevermind the hyperlinks, they're just general links to ANN info pages and not links to the items that were teased.

Edited by eriku

WOW!!

I'm hoping removing panels to reveal inner mechanics

gunpod sound!

everything articulate, as poseable as it can be!

YES!!! basically the Club-M 1/48 kit in a durable/playable toy form.