BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

37 minutes ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

ooh boy, after reading head lasers snapping I checked mine and its there.. whew!

Then I read legs snapping off and I am afraid to take it out of the box now... 

I need to learn how to finesse it during transformation before I break it..

You can loosen the hips beforehand, there's a tutorial in the macross maintenance thread showing how to remove the covers and loosen the screws.

I just unboxed mine after few weeks that it was sitting on my shelf...what can i say, possibly among the best 3 variable fighter i had ever seen(and i have seen a lot). No problems of any kind, joints were stiff just enough...and well super happy. I transformed it only once, from fighter to battroid and it looks just so...menacing! I hope bandai will release soon the rest of the M+ gang(YF-21 and YF-11). To me this is a a masterpiece.

3 hours ago, Ryoma said:

I hope bandai will release soon the rest of the M+ gang(YF-21 and YF-11). To me this is a a masterpiece.

I had never, ever intended to spend $300 on a single toy....I still can't believe I did.    But man....if Bandai makes a YF-21 as good looking as this?  I'll end up spending another $300.

56 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Finished up the shoot of the YF-19, now onto processing.  Here's a sneak peak.  :D

45576734781_34a0af8dc9_h.jpg

You’re shots are flawless, unfortunately they show all the micro gaps throughout.  One day Bandai will be productions/manufacture perfect and they will be in alignment with your photographic skills. 

6 hours ago, onnasake said:

I had never, ever intended to spend $300 on a single toy....I still can't believe I did.    But man....if Bandai makes a YF-21 as good looking as this?  I'll end up spending another $300.

Honestly, i own two yamato YF-19 and one Arcadia. If i weren't broke as hell right now i would totally buy another three to replace them with this beauty...so don't feel ashamed, you are in very good company here :)

45 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

Honestly, i own two yamato YF-19 and one Arcadia. If i weren't broke as hell right now i would totally buy another three to replace them with this beauty...so don't feel ashamed, you are in very good company here :)

You could probably sell the Arcadia for a decent chunk of what a DX is worth, the used ones on Mandarake are the same priced as an unopened DX YF-19.

12 hours ago, seti88 said:

Nice macro shot!:wub: Love the visor highlights!

Thank you @seti88! The light refects off the visor and optic very nicely.

12 hours ago, nightmareB4macross said:

You’re shots are flawless, unfortunately they show all the micro gaps throughout.  One day Bandai will be productions/manufacture perfect and they will be in alignment with your photographic skills. 

Thank you @nightmareB4macross I appreciate you compliments. 

When I am processing shots, I see all the flaws and details of the Valkyries.  There are times when I am looking at the photo and see a gap thinking its huge, but when you look at the physical toy its quite small. :lol:

Bandai will continue to refine and improve their manufacturing as technology advances.  :)

Edited by Saburo

13 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You could probably sell the Arcadia for a decent chunk of what a DX is worth, the used ones on Mandarake are the same priced as an unopened DX YF-19.

Sounds interesting. Don't know if i'm ready to say good-bye to them though. Just kidding, i will definitely look into it thanks. 

2 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

@Saburo superb as always!

Thank you @PsYcHoDyNaMiX! :D

1 hour ago, Xigfrid said:

I love your pictures @Saburo, you know that but I hate you post because each time, I am having a very hard time deciding which mode is best for my lock screen :D 

When yesterday I thought I was set with the fighter mode until... at least the next VF-1J release... here come the gerwalk Picts!

Thank you @Xigfrid, I appreciate and glad you and other use my photos as wallpapers. :)

LOL.. looks like you'll be hating me a bit more because I am finishing up the Battorid mode pictures. :lol:

4 minutes ago, Mac said:

Has anyone who ordered from CD Japan received a broken antenna? I'm scared to open mine....

I got mine from CDJ and no broken head cannon, but ymmv from what has been discussed here it comes down to how the package was handled during the shipping process.