BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

16 hours ago, spanner said:

I used an stanley knife with a minty fresh blade to trim the plastic on the mount point so it wouldn't exert too much force on the winglet when moved causing it to pop off. Is heaps better but still only a 95% fix but will still pop off if you move it around too much.

Thanks spanner! Would you be able to post a pic with an arrow pointing where you trimmed the plastic? 

18 minutes ago, Dirtyboy said:

Im very apprehensive now about receiving my figure...Not sure what to do if something doesnt work?

Part of the adventure. Not a whole you can do unless you live in Japan or know someone who does. 

Can always buy replacement parts on shapeways. Maybe I do not understand your question?

19 minutes ago, OzmaLee74 said:

Thanks spanner! Would you be able to post a pic with an arrow pointing where you trimmed the plastic? 

I remember doing something similar to the smaller rear fin of the left leg. It would just pop off when transforming back from battroid mode and rotating it to its original location in fighter mode. 

I have shave a bit of plastic in the designated location and also I accentuated the 1mm hole with a drill bit. 

My right leg is almost ok, so it is untouched

93EB0BDD-08A4-4E5A-9789-8F6067D7ADBD.jpeg

21 hours ago, mickyg said:

Yep, my meagre investigation so far reveals the outer mounts are the same distance from the wingtips, but the middle and inner are spaced farther apart. You end up with a mount closer to the leg this way.  Making room for the Frontier style booster makes perfect sense, actually.

What I'd like to know is, can you still mount any dual weapon without fouling on a single mounted one?  Does mounting a dual mean you cannot use the adjacent mount at all?

I'd test it out but I haven't got my YF-19 unpacked yet.

Had a chance to snap a quick pic this morning.  Pardon the fuzziness of the YF-19 against the relative sharpness of the Advance.  Also note the slight change in tone of the two "beige" interpretations.  Some of this is due to changing the settings in the photo to bring out the details but it's also indicative of the real difference between the two.

IMG_20181010_200143.thumb.jpg.1880e9296ec5b3b75c1982a8439c171d.jpg

So it does indeed look like the outer hardpoint is the same between the two, while the middle and inner are spaced farther apart on the new release DX, compared to the original.

Oh absolutely.  I forgot to mention again that this is obviously why the Advance has the spacing that it does, specifically to make sure the weapons can still mount when the boosters are installed.

Furthermore, am I recalling correctly that the inner hardpoint actually serves as an anchor point for the booster pack itself?

Edited by mickyg

5 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I remember doing something similar to the smaller rear fin of the left leg. It would just pop off when transforming back from battroid mode and rotating it to its original location in fighter mode. 

I have shave a bit of plastic in the designated location and also I accentuated the 1mm hole with a drill bit. 

My right leg is almost ok, so it is untouched

93EB0BDD-08A4-4E5A-9789-8F6067D7ADBD.jpeg

Thanks Xigfrid! I’ll try it on mine. 

3 hours ago, jenius said:

That would be cool since the connection is weak but sadly, no.

I actually think it might have been intended, but they didn't make the bump on the insides of the boosters big enough to matter.  If you look inside the booster, it's got a little nodule in just about the right spot to settle into the inner hardpoint.

I did notice that the boosters don't fit quite as easily into the slots on the YF-19 as they do on the Advance version though.  It's almost like the wing gloves got slightly thicker.  They'll still fit, but it takes more pressure to get the tabs in place.

4 hours ago, Ailanthus said:

I want to transform my YF-19 from jet to battroid mode but is it best to first transform it to gerwalk then battroid? Some YT vids and instruction booklet only have gerwalk to battroid, not jet to battroid.

Thank you.

No. Actually for me, it's easy to transform directly from Fighter to Battroid. Because you don't need to line it back the legs nor lock the tabs on the chest area. The moment you unlock all of the tabs and whatnot in Fighter mode, transform it directly to Battroid.

12 hours ago, spanner said:

Yep sure thing. 

I shaved away a little of the black plastic at the end where the arrow is pointing. 

Screenshot_20181011-152323_Gallery.jpg

That's the same fix I mentioned yesterday worked for me too.

Except to be safe I filed away with 400g paper, so i could file and test, file and test. But careful to file/trim the main hinge, not the fin itself which has the little 1mm nob to attach to the hinge. Then I cleared up the 1mm hole in the hinge as well with a pin-vice drill.

I was able to snag one... was doubting but Im glad I went for it.

Is it me or does it feel heavier / sturdier than the vf 19A right out of the box?? Plastic and paint feel so much better!!

Also the big tampo kite, UN Spacy, Sinsei, Super Nova Project are just awesome!!! 

In the back my proud vf 19A with its reconstructed intake / hip

Will not transform it cause it looks gorgeous just as it is. PERFECT

20181011_224025.jpg

Well I seem pretty satisfied with my YF-19. A few pro tips I could mention are be careful of the red chest trim tucked behind the base of the legs in fighter mode when pulling the legs down. That turned out to be a problem throughout for me; fighting to keep the legs from bashing that razor edged red paint on the chest during transformation. Second, the slightest touch of tri-flow penetrating oil did wonders for the  ball joints on the hips; although I did tighten the 2 screws holding the socket slightly afterward. Better to oil the joint rather than loosen it imo. The ball-joint friction isn’t uniform so loosening the screws first led to some tight leg positions and others loose requiring many attempts to get it right even after adding oil. Best to add a little oil and tighten the joint screws slightly. Removing the screws holding the plastic leg to the die-cast ball joint repeatedly hazards stripping the plastic screw-hole so best kept to minimum. 

In reference to my issue with marring the red paint trim, is there any info on the exact colored paint used here? With this bird, some acrylic red and black hobby paint are going into my toolbox in the near future and I really don’t know how to match what’s on the YF-19. They seem to be a very vivid matte red and matte black paints. Getting the black wrong seems forgiveable but man I’d hate to get that red wrong.

Edited by Trifalger

1 hour ago, RealJayDee said:

I was able to snag one... was doubting but Im glad I went for it.

Is it me or does it feel heavier / sturdier than the vf 19A right out of the box?? Plastic and paint feel so much better!!

Also the big tampo kite, UN Spacy, Sinsei, Super Nova Project are just awesome!!! 

In the back my proud vf 19A with its reconstructed intake / hip

Will not transform it cause it looks gorgeous just as it is. PERFECT

20181011_224025.jpg

You need to pivot your hip bars on that battroid in the back. They rotate 180degrees which brings the hips up further along the torso.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

You need to pivot your hip bars on that battroid in the back. They rotate 180degrees which brings the hips up further along the torso.

He just reconstructed the busted hip on his VF-19Advance. Let him enjoy it as is for a while. ;)

5 hours ago, dj760 said:

Back in stock at CDJapan for 25k Yen. Only 17 remaining: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-281659?s_ssid=e455d95bc013b312df

Thank you!!!!!... :hail:

5 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

Wow, that's actually quite a few of them. 

Down to 13 now...;)

4 hours ago, dj760 said:

@SuperHobo thought this was peculiar too.  Wonder how.

Peculiar but welcome, no doubt.

4 hours ago, SuperHobo said:

They just suddenly got another restock this week after telling me last week they were completely sold out. I guess it's fine for folks who missed out. 

I'm one of those who missed out on the original preorder and then held off on pulling the trigger on the lead-up to release, and after, due to the price hike, and I just had no luck navigating Amazon Japan to go that rout when the price was good, so this was most welcome as it's the least expensive choice I've seen since release.

So, again, thank you dj760, you rock!:clapping:

11 minutes ago, Mac said:

Has anyone returned anything to NY from the US? I ordered one from CD Japan and want to return mine from NY. 

How much does the shipping usually cost?

Depending on where you ship from .  If ship from USA , it will cost around $50 and up.

I'm glad to see that Bandai finally seem to have supplied enough to nearly meet demand. Aside from a few unfortunate souls, it looks like everyone who wants one has been able to get them, and even for aforementioned unfortunates, a fair number of places still have stock of it at non-scalper prices.

It's certainly no VF-31A... Christ on a crap stick, I still have no idea what went wrong there and how they bungled that up so badly.