BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

5 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I had that same problem on mine... and on the same leg too.

I had Japan family check the head laser before shipping but I didn't know the tailfin was such a widespread issue too. Here's hoping I dodge both bullets (3 I guess if either left or right fins could be fail-points). 

Finally picked up my YF-19 from the post office. CDJ packed everything well and I’m happy to report my head laser is intact  :)

Dont have any display space at the moment so she went back in the box for now. So long space cowboy :lol:

I'm not too worried about the tailfins since they're extraordinarily easy to pop back on and don't look any worse for wear. (Unless there's something wrong with them that I can't see... I know people were talking about mis-molded pegs/sockets, but I dunno, I couldn't see anything of that sort...) Broken head lasers would probably have more of a noticeable line even when fixed, and a sheared-off leg is a sheared-off leg. Compared to that, tailfins that pop in and out are scarcely a problem at all.

8 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

I'm not too worried about the tailfins since they're extraordinarily easy to pop back on and don't look any worse for wear. (Unless there's something wrong with them that I can't see... I know people were talking about mis-molded pegs/sockets, but I dunno, I couldn't see anything of that sort...) Broken head lasers would probably have more of a noticeable line even when fixed, and a sheared-off leg is a sheared-off leg. Compared to that, tailfins that pop in and out are scarcely a problem at all.

I guess I missed the leg-shear issue. What’s that about?

58 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

More specifically, it's a consequence of the hip being too tight, as per @onnasake and @Lancestride01.

Oh. For some reason I was thinking shear meant something like an ablution or cut vs breakage. Yep, I’d say just about anything else is a drop in the bucket compared to that (with all respect to their misfortune).

Edited by Trifalger

2 minutes ago, Mac said:

Has anyone that received theirs not have an issue with the tail fin popping off?

I think Bandai would tell you that it's not an issue, it's a feature. It's just a pop on/off part. At least the stabilizers are large enough where you're not likely to lose them when they fall off.

1 minute ago, jenius said:

I think Bandai would tell you that it's not an issue, it's a feature. It's just a pop on/off part. At least the stabilizers are large enough where you're not likely to lose them when they fall off.

Except they don’t even line up properly.  There’s a big gap at the front.

Edited by Mommar

4 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Except they don’t wven line up properly.  There’s a big gap at the front.

From what I’ve seen you can see the case where the molding is correct and they adhere firmly vs where it isn’t, they misalign with the body, and refuse to fold. I saw in maybe the 2chan forums where someone took a flathead and reshaped it to firm up the connection with the tailfin so I might try that, or like others, not pay it particular mind since it’s a pretty minor issue.

Edited by Trifalger

12 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I think one if my main complaints about this release is they give you a pile of extra ordinance but not enough hard point attachments to spread them around the collection.

I'll make up a solid model and put them on Shapeways at some point.

5 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Can you make the hardpoint that lets you attach dual missles too, as they only give us 2 per box and I think we need more of those

I have an addition to this.  Make the length of the attach point a millimeter or two longer so we have the room to attach the dual pylon long range missiles on the dual missile points too.

Could it be that the YF-19 is going through some mold degradation issues? When a Transformer toy is reissued with slightly different tooling, or in different colors, there eventually becomes a noticeable drop in fidelity. There's a subtle degradation as parts sometimes don't fit as flush, or pegs are a bit loose.

I have a Bandai VF-19 Advance. Is it fun to transform? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! NO!

But once you get it into each mode, everything lines up. Every peg pegs in with perfect tolerance. 

Hase anybody noted the wings of the VF-19 Advance and YF-19 are different?  The hardpoints are not spaced the same.  On the YF-19 there's room to load two of the high maneuverability missiles on one of the dual pylons on the outermost hard point and a reaction warhead on the middle hard point with room to spare but on the VF-19 Advance there's absolutely no room between hard points to make that fit.

Edited by Mommar

3 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I have an addition to this.  Make the length of the attach point a millimeter or two longer so we have the room to attach the dual pylon long range missiles on the dual missile points too.

Ah, was not aware, but that's an easy change.

I was planning to make the double-hardpoints also.

1 minute ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

Could it be that the YF-19 is going through some mold degradation issues? When a Transformer toy is reissued with slightly different tooling, or in different colors, there eventually becomes a noticeable drop in fidelity. There's a subtle degradation as parts sometimes don't fit as flush, or pegs are a bit loose.

But once you get it into each mode, everything lines up. Every peg pegs in with perfect tolerance. 

The mold hasn't been used enough for that to be likely.  Unless the mold they used is so cheap it's already degrading which would be odd, and I've never heard of it happening that quick before.  It took years and years of constant reuse on much cheaper Hasbro figures before there was signs of degradation on the Bucky Cap mold.  I can't imagine that would be the case here.

I finally made it down to the post office to get my copy, I opened it briefly just to look through the clam shell to is the head laser was intact and it was fine as far as I can tell. I can only hope the hip will be ok.

1 minute ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Ah, was not aware, but that's an easy change.

I was planning to make the double-hardpoints also.

Yeah, if the double hard points are slightly longer you can mount either two high maneuverability missiles on any of the hard points besides just the outermost or we could make our own four missile configuration with the long range ones on any hard point.

4 minutes ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

No.

As Jenius said earlier, it's a Bandai "feature"  (or shenanigan, if you will).

It's the same crap they pull on any of their current toys that uses flaps and stuff.

Banda just doesn't want to add the usual metal pin to secure it better. Possibly simply due to cost.

5 minutes ago, Loop said:

I finally made it down to the post office to get my copy, I opened it briefly just to look through the clam shell to is the head laser was intact and it was fine as far as I can tell. I can only hope the hip will be ok.

You cannot hope. 

You will need to loosen up the hip-screws.

36 minutes ago, Foblander said:

I really hope Bandai does a Fire Valk. Loving the YF-19 ^^ Before that please come out with the YF-21 ~ Beefy legs ftw please

Hope Bandai copies these proportions for a DX YF-21. ^_^

YF21.jpg.6d4a774a75dd1accb3c28ffe443ef6fd.jpg

Wave_YF21.jpg.b848eee460b6f8934f0a171898fb8955.jpg

Or they could just upscale and update their 'unfinished' VF Hi-Metal YF-21 design and turn it into a DX release. ;)

HiMetal_YF21.jpg.e92e88081e19da325f616a2c08061227.jpg

3 hours ago, Mac said:

Has anyone that received theirs not have an issue with the tail fin popping off?

Mine stays in really secure and lines up correctly, just like my Advance. I didn’t even know there was an issue with the tailfin until someone reported it.

Got my YF-19 from Amiami yesterday! Did a quick check, and my copy's antenna is unbroken. Woot!

Haven't had time to check anything else though. Will check the tail fins to see if their mounting points are misaligned.

+1 on Bandai making a DX YF-21 to go along with this. :)