BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

3 hours ago, Pedro2k6 said:

C'mon....CDJ just charged me 4,000 yens more on shipping...in the beginning  it was 5,000 yens for EMS and I use my rewards point and end it up paying 2,000 but now they want 4,000 more. 

Somebody with the same issue? 

Did you buy something’s else too?

Double check your order 

1 hour ago, ArchieNov said:

Those additional shipping costs are cheap compared to the extra $80+ I had to pay for imports customs tax. All in all, I spent around $340 for it.

Once I get around to having my 2nd one shipped from HLJ, I’m expecting the import tax to be $100 (due to their higher item and shipping cost).

US folks have it easy not having to deal with import duties.

I really wish I was able to PO these from NY instead...

Am not Us citizen....I live in chile....where I have to pay taxes if custom hold my box.

More salt in the wound .

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

is this better than the 19? 

i'm still mulling over if i should order it or not. 

what's the difference?  

Which 19? If you're talking about the Advance, the differences are 'discreet' . Main one being the '2-part cockpit', the back feet-part,  'Un-Spacey' logos rather than the 'SMS'. Color on the leg canards are the right way around on the M+ version. Tampo prints are more or less the same, (with a few extras here and there on the Macross Plus version, most noticeable ones being the 'UN Spacey' on the side of the legs and wings, 'Sin Sei Industry' replacing the 'SMS' and the Macross logo rather than the Frontier one ). Then you have the missiles and additional accessories such as the arm cannon, and fold booster drive thingy that didn't come with the Advance. The overall colour scheme is slightly lighter compared to the Advance .As for the Arcadia, well, it's just different, looks a bit bland in terms of tampo prints, but it mostly comes with all the same missiles/armor as the Bandai.(no fold booster nor supa cool arm cannon thingy though). I'd say the DX Macross Plus is the more complete package especially if you like M+. If in doubt....sell a kidney and just get all 3....or 4 if you want the 1st 1/60 Yammy.....(I still like mine somehow...probably nostalgia, I don't know...).

4 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Which 19? If you're talking about the Advance, the differences are 'discreet' . Main one being the '2-part cockpit', the back feet-part,  'Un-Spacey' logos rather than the 'SMS'. Color on the leg canards are the right way around on the M+ version. Tampo prints are more or less the same, (with a few extras here and there on the Macross Plus version, most noticeable ones being the 'UN Spacey' on the side of the legs and wings, 'Sin Sei Industry' replacing the 'SMS' and the Macross logo rather than the Frontier one ). Then you have the missiles and additional accessories such as the arm cannon, and fold booster drive thingy that didn't come with the Advance. The overall colour scheme is slightly lighter compared to the Advance .As for the Arcadia, well, it's just different, looks a bit bland in terms of tampo prints, but it mostly comes with all the same missiles/armor as the Bandai.(no fold booster nor supa cool arm cannon thingy though). I'd say the DX Macross Plus is the more complete package especially if you like M+. If in doubt....sell a kidney and just get all 3....or 4 if you want the 1st 1/60 Yammy.....(I still like mine somehow...probably nostalgia, I don't know...).

Don't forget the subtle N.E.T.F.C. logo too. Hahaha! :lol:

Also the additional knee joints that the Advance doesn't have.

2 hours ago, Pedro2k6 said:

Am not Us citizen....I live in chile....where I have to pay taxes if custom hold my box.

More salt in the wound .

I can relate Pedro. Though when I was still back in the Philippines, besides the usual custom fees I have to pay post office people's deep pockets just to release a small box to me. ^_^ 

38 minutes ago, Kinzoku VF said:

33 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Don't forget the subtle N.E.T.F.C. logo too. Hahaha! :lol:

Also the additional knee joints that the Advance doesn't have.

so knee joints are different and i just saw feet shape, got it!

thanks guys. i have one at private warehouse i may keep or cancel. i'll mull it over. i ordered a second vf-0s premium. 

Quick snapshot of the 2 Bandai DX. The color difference is difficult to pick up, but the Advance is darker. Also notice how the shoulders die-cast-swing-parts thingy color on the Advance don't match the rest of the fighter as well as they do on the M+....

IMG_6330.JPG

1 minute ago, Kinzoku VF said:

Quick snapshot of the 2 Bandai DX. The color difference is difficult to pick up, but the Advance is darker. Also notice how the shoulders die-cast-swing-parts thingy color on the Advance don't match the rest of the fighter as well as they do on the M+....

IMG_6330.JPG

i didn't know they were different shades, thanks for the details.

My YF-19 from AmiAmi showed up first thing Monday morning. Man DHL is fast.

This is the first YF-19 I have owned, so I can't compare it to the older Arcadia or Yamato versions (or even the previous VF Advance). That said, this thing is beautiful! I love the colors and how much heft the figure has when you hold it. Had a broken head antenna, but a little glue fixed that easily.  Didn't realize the display stand came with it so that was a pleasant surprise for me. I love the tampo markings but maybe Bandai went a wee bit overboard on this one.

Most of the seams need some cleanup and tightening up, but I am kind of afraid to mess with it until I view a good transformation video.

Edited by Corrinald

Haven’t opened the toy any further, but wanted to take a peek.

I’m not gonna bother trying to get a replacement from HLJ (I doubt they’ll have any), just gonna glue it. The tip is inside the packaging, near the canopy.

This isn’t the first trouble I’ve had with a YF-19, when I first got my Arcadia, it was missing a canard.

371EC54F-894E-43DF-8589-3265F0C8ECD2.jpeg

Edited by iguanaman8989

23 minutes ago, Corrinald said:

My YF-19 from AmiAmi showed up first thing Monday morning. Man DHL is fast.

This is the first YF-19 I have owned, so I can't compare it to the older Arcadia or Yamato versions (or even the previous VF Advance). That said, this thing is beautiful! I love the colors and how much heft the figure has when you hold it. Had a broken head antenna, but a little glue fixed that easily.  Didn't realize the display stand came with it so that was a pleasant surprise for me. I love the tampo markings but maybe Bandai went a wee bit overboard on this one.

Most of the seams need some cleanup and tightening up, but I am kind of afraid to mess with it until I view a good transformation video.

11 minutes ago, iguanaman8989 said:

I’m not gonna bother trying to get a replacement from HLJ (I doubt they’ll have any), just gonna glue it. The tip is inside the packaging, near the canopy.

This isn’t the first trouble I’ve had with a YF-19, when I first got my Arcadia, it was missing a canard.

371EC54F-894E-43DF-8589-3265F0C8ECD2.jpeg

Holy crap.....both of you have broken head lasers? WTF were the guys in the packing department doing? 

Oh wow. I thought broken head lasers were isolated to just 1-2 guys and was a shipping & handling issue.

I still think it’s a shipping & handling issue because it’s hard for me to believe that the guys knowingly placed a broken head laser in the package along with the broken piece.

8 minutes ago, SuperHobo said:

Holy crap.....both of you have broken head lasers? WTF were the guys in the packing department doing? 

It looks like a supa clean break too. Probably due to the deep panel line on that particular spot? Still odd as it's well secured in the styro tray with head space for the antenna to boot. Hope it's not going to be a trend...:fool:.  Personally, I'd give it a shot and contact them regarding the issue, nothing to loose, if they say 'no replacement' they might offer a voucher/discount or something....

Does there appear to be any damage to the lid of the box that would indicate an impact? If the box looks like it didn't take a hit, I'm almost wondering if the laser wasn't sitting in the lowered position when it was packaged and something in the process of placing and sealing the clear shell over the styrofoam caused the break. Wild theory

Edited by Zx31

My YF-19 just landed. Can confirm broken head laser, can confirm the left vertical stabilizer falls off when you look at it harshly. As others have said, the laser is a clean break that Gorilla Glue will handle easily. The fin thing I think I’ll try to remedy by painting the mounting pegs with clear lacquer. That should stiffen the join. 

9 minutes ago, Sildani said:

My YF-19 just landed. Can confirm broken head laser, can confirm the left vertical stabilizer falls off when you look at it harshly. As others have said, the laser is a clean break that Gorilla Glue will handle easily. The fin thing I think I’ll try to remedy by painting the mounting pegs with clear lacquer. That should stiffen the join. 

There has got to be something in their assembly or packing process causing all these consistent breaks.  My head laser is ok, but my left stabilizer is busted.  It seems it like it is mainly the left one that is damaged?

My YF-19 (from AmiAmi and delivered by DHL) arrived with its head laser intact.

The left tail rudder did pop off on me while I was attaching the fast packs, but I was able to just push it back into position, and it will stay posed in whatever angle I place it at, so long as I do not pull on it.

Mounting the gun pod to the arm cannon was a bit of a pain for me. The weight of the gun pod would sometimes overpower the hinge it is attached to, causing the gun pod to droop towards the ground, rather than staying flush with the bottom of the aircraft.

So, overall, no major problems, just a couple of quirks that don't impact my displaying of the YF-19.

I have a second one coming in from CDJapan via EMS. I am hoping that arrives safely.

One thing I like about the Arcadia YF-19 over the DX is that I can stow 2 reaction warheads under a single Arcadia hard point, whereas for the DX a hard point is consumed by a single reaction warhead. Oh well, first-world problems I suppose.

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

Already said it before: broken head lasers are most likely the result of some rough handling and poor packaging by Bandai. I doubt the head lasers are coming out of the mold broken or knowingly placed into the box broken.

Had similar issues with the head laser on the VF-27. One I received slightly bent and another had the paint rubbed off the tip. Because the laser was right up against the cardboard top with no clearance.

Bandai should know better about packaging. God forbid a package might endure some rough handling during shipping.

There is a bubble in the plastic lid, it looks like the issues with the head lasers come from being placed inside the box with the laser up. They probably figured slapping the lid on top would just press the laser down into the right position and this wasn't always the case.

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

One thing I like about the Arcadia YF-19 over the DX is that I can stow 2 reaction warheads under a single Arcadia hard point, whereas for the DX a hard point is consumed by a single reaction warhead. Oh well, first-world problems I suppose.

You can stow 2 reaction warheads with a single hard point with the Bandai DX too. The last page of the manual clearly shows that you should be using "Pylon B". Pylon B is packaged along with the plastic bag containing the extra hands and pilots.

Just showing a couple things...

Pauldron armor doesn’t wasn’t to snuggle into place... probably an alignment issue. 

Also, painted turbine detail!!

Finally, the 19’s reaction missiles are a different size and shape than the 31 Super’s missiles. 

8BE99786-97AE-406C-BC33-4DA560271D10.jpeg

3DF74502-C11C-4389-BC81-1BB6907F6A5D.jpeg

E7F4CE2A-C43A-4CDC-97F3-1005F18563BB.jpeg

3 hours ago, iguanaman8989 said:

i would report it to hlj regardless, they will at least offer options for you, either a discount to keep it or refund, giving you more options. 

sorry to hear that happened. I would be upset myself if that happened. definitely i encourage to write and send that photo in. 

Received mine. As with all other 1st handing DXs, this'll be at least a 3 day walkthrough for me, one for each mode.

Got to say, liking this less than the DX VF31 for sure. Fitting the gunpod on fighter was messy as I had to undo one side of the plane/leg to allow clearance, and getting that to snap back was not the easier thing ever.

Leg missile launcher is nifty but the double-hinged joint is a bit troublesome to close back up. 

Why are the missiles so complex to tab on? You need to fit the extra piece [why an extra piece] on just right, and then attach it to the wing. Not sure if it's my eyes playing tricks and the light or not, but I think I already got a minor stress mark on one attachment bit by taking it off!

Getting the front landing gear out was a chore too.

So far, 6/10. Good sculpt. Not very stable, too fiddly and it's got gaps out of the box around the neck area of fighter.  Impossible to take the front landing gears out without a prying tool. 

after not wanting this iniitally i made a last second purchase last week at full retail price...when i saw one vendor had stock...now its almost on its way to me and i'm reading about breakages and other issues.    lol.  getting bandai'd (is that a thing?  lol)a nd i hvaven't even gotten it yet.  wondering if i should just part with it MISB at a slight loss...or hold on to it and hope it appreciates, or take my chances and open and play with it when it gets here.  too old for this panic button BS haha.