BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

21 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I doubt it's the first DX for the majority of people who are willing to drop the kind of money on this thing. Why would you assume they had no idea what they were getting into? 

This will actually be my first DX, so I must admit, I am kind of nervous. 

That being said, I do love the 19, as I currently own 5 of them.... 3 of the Macross 7 VF-19 toys, the Arcadia YF-19. and a Yamato YF-19 (not pictured). So I could not resist getting the DX YF-19.

So, I suppose this being my first DX, I really don't know what I am getting into. I sure I hope I don't have the problems others here have reported. I know I won't transform my bird until @jenius comes out with a video.

image.png.cb839386bac5ef54fd8fc7e0a6a19cd3.png

image.png.7ebf3dd45572db8ffd8fc9e7cacdab15.png

Edited by Shizuka the Cat

7 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

While the fold drive on the arm shield kind of makes the shield useless for defense, I do imagine that punching an enemy ship with the fold drive, jettisoning it, and turning the drive on could cause devastating damage.... particularly if the ship in question is too massive to be fully transported by the fold drive, causing a portion of the ship to be folded away.

I don’t think the fold drive is meant for punching, but yeah it could fold away offending targets or missiles coming in if done correctly...

2 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

This will actually be my first DX, so I must admit, I am kind of nervous. 

That being said, I do love the 19, as I currently own 5 of them.... 3 of the Macross 7 VF-19 toys, and Arcadia YF-19. and a Yamato YF-19 (not pictured). So I could not resist getting the DX YF-19.

So, I suppose this being my first DX, I really don't know what I am getting into. I sure I hope I don't have the problems others here have reported. I know I won't transform my bird until @jenius comes out with a video.

you can check out the VF-19 adv videos for transformation since it's pretty much the same

Just now, seti88 said:

I don’t think the fold drive is meant for punching, but yeah it could fold away offending targets or missiles coming in if done correctly...

True, but I don't think Daedalus was meant for punching either.  *grin*  But it was awesome anyways.... though it did bite them in the butt that one time...

So, checking my HLJ EMS shipment vs CDJ:

Both shipped on the 22nd, at 15:10 and 15:55, CDJ shipped later.

HLJ's hasn't reached the outward office of exchange yet, while CDJ's is already in San Francisco, returned from US Customs.

Looks like CDJ's definitely faster shipping.

4 minutes ago, Krunc said:

I haven't gotten confirmation on my preorder from CDJ yet, anyone else in the same boat as me?

Go to their website and check status. I never got confirmation of being charged or anything until shipment notice earlier today. It was shipped 3 days ago according to the tracking info.

1 hour ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Go to their website and check status. I never got confirmation of being charged or anything until shipment notice earlier today. It was shipped 3 days ago according to the tracking info.

My PO on CDJ is in shipping preparation since friday....I use EMS.

HLJ shipped (EMS) mine last friday and NY shipped (SAL) today.

2 hours ago, eXis10z said:

A friend is offering a straight up trade of his 19 Advance for my spare YF-19 copy. Should I?  :ph34r:

I’d be tempted, since it’d give me access to the ADVANCE parts and I could go on an all-out orgy of weapons, armor parts, and booster rockets.

YF-19 STAMPEED prototype!!

4 minutes ago, General Rasp said:

I am still waiting for Amazon.jp to ship out my YF-19. I placed my order on the 21st but they haven't shipped it yet. Maybe I should have kept my order with HLJ since they shipped my PW order 21st when I requested it. 

I am still waiting for my HLJ order to ship, placed when they came up on friday

3 hours ago, ArchieNov said:

IMO no, unless you don’t have an Advance yet.

2 hours ago, Sildani said:

I’d be tempted, since it’d give me access to the ADVANCE parts and I could go on an all-out orgy of weapons, armor parts, and booster rockets.

Yeah I don't have an Advance yet. I do like the less tampoed Advance but it seems a little barebones compared to the armaments of the YF-19. 

2 hours ago, Sildani said:

Trade.... but with a top-up from him. Unless you want the Advance more than he wants the YF-19

Me again.

I just spent the last two hours playing with this thing....and this time, it was actually FUN, not the joyless frustration of the unboxing.

Now it's not quite like the scene in "Step Brothers" and we've just become best friends, but I really really am starting to warm up to this guy.

I still have SOME tabbing/clearance issues.  One of the legs just doesn't seem aligned and I can't seem to figure out where the problem is, so I really think it's somewhere in the assembly.  However, after watching a lot of videos and taking my time, it's a lot better than it was before.

I want to fully admit that almost ALL of the problems I encountered the first day were USER ERROR.   Just me being impatient and uninformed.  Thank goodness I didn't cause any permanent damage, just a crack on the main fuselage that I thought was supposed to twist 180 degrees cause I'm an idiot that didn't take 15 minutes to watch a video.

Having said that, this is still a VERRRY delicate/fragile toy compared to what I'm used to.  But now that I KNOW that, I'm starting to enjoy it more.

I'm still messing up though.  Apparently I didn't stow the hands correctly in fighter mode, cause when I transformed it today BOTH trigger fingers had snapped off.  Thankfully there are plenty of optional hands.  I reattached the teeny tiny trigger fingers with model glue but I have no idea if it'll actually hold.  For now, I'm letting them dry and I put it back into fighter mode handless.

My main gripe is still that I can't have the fast packs attached and have the wings tabbed in, and that's no user error, that's just the stupid design.   I was about to display it with the fast packs and boosters in fighter mode, but I just can't stand seeing it untabbed like that, so I took them off.  Fold Booster attaches just fine though, but it seems wrong to just have that on without the fast packs, although, that IS how it's shown on the box.

Fast packs aside, I think I managed to get everything tabbed in both modes.  Dear god, moving those metal hip tabs up and down for Battroid scared the hell out of me.  I don't want to do that over and over.   I still can't believe I haven't broken more off of this thing.

One last thing....the tail fins suck. They just suck.  If a butterfly so much as glances in their direction, they fall off.  But at least they go back on, so it's just really annoying more than anything else.

6 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

So, checking my HLJ EMS shipment vs CDJ:

Both shipped on the 22nd, at 15:10 and 15:55, CDJ shipped later.

HLJ's hasn't reached the outward office of exchange yet, while CDJ's is already in San Francisco, returned from US Customs.

Looks like CDJ's definitely faster shipping.

HLJ hasn’t even bothered shipping mine yet.  Your only hold up is if you were lucky and got in a container that was shipped out quickly.  CDJ shipped mine on the 22nd as well but it’s on a container still in Tokyo.

Got shipping notifications from CDJ and NY :) 

Still waiting on Amazon and AmiAmi : /

Mostly negative reviews on Amazon with a few pics of broken bits and pieces (antennas and tail fins). My favorite review subject: “A frakking problem” lol

37 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

The Advance is less valuable to you in your opinion? 

Personally, that is the case. At least when comparing the MSRP and my opinion of the advance is that it isn’t the defining version of the plane associated with Isamu. And as you said, other than the boosters, you get way less.

A few days before the release, people were dumping the Advance en masse, but it seems to have stabilised now.

I think it depends on how much you want the Advance and the boosters.... and whether the 19 is used or brand new.

One thing though: ugly ducklings and originally shunned releases do tend to pick up good value after a Long time.... but who knows when that’ll be.

1 hour ago, onnasake said:

Me again.

I just spent the last two hours playing with this thing....and this time, it was actually FUN, not the joyless frustration of the unboxing.

Now it's not quite like the scene in "Step Brothers" and we've just become best friends, but I really really am starting to warm up to this guy.

I'm glad your experience is improving

Me again AGAIN.

After I just posted that I was an idiot that didn't watch videos, someone posted another video and I realized that even when I thought I had it all figured out, I was STILL doing it wrong.

Thanks to the video posted above, I tabbed the legs in to a different slot to get the fast packs on in fighter mode.

It still took me an HOUR of fiddling around with the damn thing.  I really do think mine has some factory imperfections that don't allow it to align properly.

After an hour, I got all the fast packs in and the wings tabbed in the single tab that they go in.  It looks a LOT better than I had it before...it looks like the guy's in the video.  Still took me a damn hour though.

But now the fast packs are on, the fold booster is on, Isamu and Jan are secure and on their way to Earth to interrupt Sharon's concert.  Once all the frustration is over, it's truly a thing of beauty to see on my shelf.

Man, my fingers hurt though...this damn thing has a LOT of sharp edges.  Be careful.  Still amazed I didn't break it.

16 minutes ago, kanedaestes said:

For those who struggle. Invest in these. I accidentally took some home from work but man are they a god send for transforming figures of all ranges. Behold the Nylon Probe Tool aka the black stick 

D6363D7A-E3C3-444C-B9A7-517B48686803.jpeg

Yeah, I need to get a few of those.