BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

DX YF-19 (with FAST Pack, Fold Booster and 5 types of missiles) and DX VF-1J (1/48-ish scale it seems) were on display at Tamashii Nation 2017. According to the Tweet, there was no indication that these are going to be produced but chances are high.

DX Chuck and Arad VF-31's were not on display.

Edited by IXTL

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!... Am I hyperventilating? I think I'm hyperventilating... guys....

Seriously though, this is sick news. I do hope it's not just a minor repaint of the VF-19Adv. I hope they really go for the throat and knock arcadia out of the park. Making the YF-19 with a better gun (one that can do the shield storage gimmick, and doesn't need to "break" in the middle), a bit stiffer swing wing mechanisms, and more line art accuracy from all angles. Basically if they take everything that arcadia did right, plus what they (bandai) did right, it would be one hell of a toy...

15 minutes ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

OMG, OMG, OMG!!!!!... Am I hyperventilating? I think I'm hyperventilating... guys....

Seriously though, this is sick news. I do hope it's not just a minor repaint of the VF-19Adv. I hope they really go for the throat and knock arcadia out of the park. Making the YF-19 with a better gun (one that can do the shield storage gimmick, and doesn't need to "break" in the middle), a bit stiffer swing wing mechanisms, and more line art accuracy from all angles. Basically if they take everything that arcadia did right, plus what they (bandai) did right, it would be one hell of a toy...

I'm betting it's a repaint.

I thk thats a safe bet for a repaint knowing bandai!

Hopefully they would solve what ever was nagging of the DX advance, but doubt it.

Anyhow, am just looking forward to a proper tampo'ed kites and etc representation of this iconic bird!

Gimme isamu's ride proper in DX form!

Really, there'd still be a few things to change about the VF-19 Advance to get a YF-19 out of it, so unless they decide to cut of corners, it really can't be just a repaint.  Things like the cockpit arrangement especially, aside from all the changes they made to the spine details, and other assorted bits. 

That's not to say they wouldn't do it anyway to save time and effort though. :p 

It's still nearly identical, but I'll grab multiples just to have actual missiles to mount on everything.  I just hope they use the Arcadia as a model, and don't cheap out on the missile designs like they did with the 171 (ie, paint them please.. :rolleyes: )

Edited by Chronocidal

43 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Really, there'd still be a few things to change about the VF-19 Advance to get a YF-19 out of it, so unless they decide to cut of corners, it really can't be just a repaint.  Things like the cockpit arrangement especially, aside from all the changes they made to the spine details, and other assorted bits. 

I mean, I'd be hoping for more of an area-ruled forward fuselage (that hourglass shape the YF-19 has from the nose back to the main fuselage), fixes to the gaps between the shield and legs, and that gun pod... Of course all the other YF-19 bits too, the two seat thing, a Yan Neumann co pilot, the split canopy...

Don't get me wrong, I love my VF-19Adv, and I wouldn't get rid of it, and given that Aradia's entry has been noted to suffer the same problems as the Yamato VF-19's (that super stiff gerwalk joint and the floppy ankles for instance) I think that the VF-19Adv is the better toy (in terms of play value) for the money. I think that Bandai would be missing an opportunity to improve on both designs and produce something that the fans really want. I would also be hoping for a YF-21 at some point too...

51 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

That's not to say they wouldn't do it anyway to save time and effort though. :p 

I know, but one can hope, right?

53 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

It's still nearly identical, but I'll grab multiples just to have actual missiles to mount on everything.  I just hope they use the Arcadia as a model, and don't cheap out on the missile designs like they did with the 171 (ie, paint them please.. :rolleyes: )

Let us pray...

5 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Bandai sending us to frenzy

24129561_1467894459990201_7585091738430523616_n.jpg

F$ck yes. I own the Arcadia, and even the Yamato fold booster. And the VF-19 Advance.

Still 100% going to buy this, no questions. Pre-order madness is going to be a harsh mistress for this one.

4 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

What are the chances of them changing on how the missile attached? Haha kidding.

AM CALCULATING AS YOU ASK!

OOOH BOY....if going by mirage supers, the missiles are abt 200yen per missile....this would be.....26*200=5200yen added on top of the Advance pricing assuming bandai is not gonna jack it up more! Granted mirages are just regular Reaction Missiles am not sure if these would cost more...

I would still get it tho!!!

*losing my mind* tot you said charging LOL!

Edited by seti88

17 minutes ago, locidm said:

Does this mean Arcadia lost their license for M Plus?

It kinda sounded like from one of the Arcadia interviews that they don't have show licenses, but rather license each figure individually. I could be totally off-base though.

Not going to knock it, I will get at least two for the weapons to mount on all my naked Bandai valks.

But I have to say.. I wouldn't be at all surprised if they're literally just displaying Arcadia weapons with it for now. :lol: 

Also, looks like the canopy hasn't changed any.. no idea whether that'll change later, but at least for now they're still using an Advanced model repainted for display.

Edit: Looks like they also missed flipping the paint on the lower strakes, so I'm not expecting them to catch that detail with the final version either. :p 

Edited by Chronocidal

I am sad and happy by the VF-19 design being duplicated to the YF-19. I am sad because Bandai decided to milk the mold instead of making upgrades to the VF-19 molds, and the YF-19 is an unique and beautiful bird, it should never be the same as the VF-19.

I am happy because having a new VF-19 means that Bandai can release other versions and why not the Adv Nothung! And if not, that would be easier to mod a 200 USD model than a 500+ USD one ;)

Looking to the missiles, it is like Bandai borrowed/bought Arcadia's missiles molds. Which is possible because the mounting point is detachable on Arcadia's missiles.

14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Is it confirmed that this is just a repaint of the previously released VF-19?

No, just that this display model/prototype is a repaint of the previously-released VF-19 Advance, or at least looks like it. Nothing about the final product has been confirmed yet, not even that it's actually coming out.

But it's coming out.

What I'm skeptical of is if it'll actually have all of those warheads. I'm betting that the final tally will be half what's shown.