Jump to content

Countdown until the Shogakukun Macross Package Art Collection Book is released! 
image.png.ceb942b112c95453f3925263e118f68b.png

The countdown has finished!

BANDAI DX YF-19!!


seti88

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

I like the integrated neck cover...

See, it's an ingenious place to store it.. or it would be, if it didn't need another separate shield for gerwalk.  That's the thing that just kills it for me.  Instead of using a single neck cover for both fighter and gerwalk like every other YF-19 ever, this one includes a bonus shield that never leaves the jet, but isn't any good for gerwalk at all, so it's just hanging off the shield in two of the three modes, looking like extra bulk.

Now, if they made it easily detachable so they didn't need the extra copy of the shield for gerwalk?  That would make perfect sense, and work beautifully!.... but it doesn't do that.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a neat way to keep the shield stored on the jet in battroid, but to me, the entire point of doing that is so you don't have to carry around extra parts for the other modes.  Any benefit that would have gets nullified by the fact that you still need to keep track of the stand-alone neck shield for gerwalk mode.

If they'd just made a single neck shield able to stow behind the arm shield in battroid mode, that would have made a lot more sense, and even saved on molding and material costs.

Edited by Chronocidal
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

I just don't use the alternate neck cover in Gerwalk. It's already its goofiest mode, the revealed neck is just part of the charm

Some people still wants it to be a little bit of anime-accurate. ^_^ 

I guess, in this world, we can't have it all. :rolleyes:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Even the anime isn’t anime-accurate. I just don’t care enough about these things. I’m no rivet-counter, I’m too happy these things exist at all. When I was a kid, these things would never have been contemplated. Then the original Yamato 1/72 19 and 21 were being advertised in Inquest and EGM and I thought they were the Second Coming. Then I learned about the SHE kits (from this very site) and their complexity and faithfulness to the original lineart (and amazing cost) astonished me. Now we have a more detailed, more gimmicky, more durable, larger, pre-painted-and-assembled toy that’s kinda the same price as the SHE kit (or I’m just earning more now.)

It’s an amazing, amazing time to be a Macross fan, right now. Bandai pre-order shenanigans be damned. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

I just don't use the alternate neck cover in Gerwalk. It's already its goofiest mode, the revealed neck is just part of the charm

same, to me it needs the neck cover in fighter mode because that mode need to look as streamlined as possible, being a jet and all. Gerwalk isn't a highly aerodynamic mode to begin with so having some chunky stuff going on between the shoulders doesn't matter.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Zx31 said:

The 17s were added as part of an extended scene in the movie and weren't in the OVAs. Same with what is most likely a VF-14 Vampire in this shot.

vlcsnap-2017-11-16-17h07m22s465.png

vlcsnap-2017-11-16-17h08m50s371.png

*does a Google search for VF-14 Vampire*

WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN MADE INTO A TOY?

*does a Google search for VF-5000*

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY COOL VALKYRIE DESIGNS THAT ARE NOT YET MADE INTO A TOY?

I WANT, NAY, DEMAND THAT ALL THESE COOL DESIGNS BE MADE INTO A TOY!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Even the anime isn’t anime-accurate. I just don’t care enough about these things. I’m no rivet-counter, I’m too happy these things exist at all. When I was a kid, these things would never have been contemplated. Then the original Yamato 1/72 19 and 21 were being advertised in Inquest and EGM and I thought they were the Second Coming. Then I learned about the SHE kits (from this very site) and their complexity and faithfulness to the original lineart (and amazing cost) astonished me. Now we have a more detailed, more gimmicky, more durable, larger, pre-painted-and-assembled toy that’s kinda the same price as the SHE kit (or I’m just earning more now.)

It’s an amazing, amazing time to be a Macross fan, right now. Bandai pre-order shenanigans be damned. 

But I love counting rivets. It's riveting. ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

I forgot to mention this (cause I saw it last night/this morning?), its Hobby Search (not Source) XD.

Ah right ok, thanks for pointing that out :)  TBH their POs were gone in a flash, I didn’t even get to see the company name properly LOL. I just call them 1999.co.jp haha

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Ah right ok, thanks for pointing that out :)  TBH their POs were gone in a flash, I didn’t even get to see the company name properly LOL. I just call them 1999.co.jp haha

 

Yea I got as far as submitting my order of 1 before it got jacked. I wasn't aware that they allowed customers a limit of 3. Explains why it moved so fast. -=X

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

*does a Google search for VF-14 Vampire*

WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN MADE INTO A TOY?

*does a Google search for VF-5000*

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY COOL VALKYRIE DESIGNS THAT ARE NOT YET MADE INTO A TOY?

I WANT, NAY, DEMAND THAT ALL THESE COOL DESIGNS BE MADE INTO A TOY!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Wasn't the VF-14 design used by the enemy forces in Macross 7?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Zx31 said:

The 17s were added as part of an extended scene in the movie and weren't in the OVAs. Same with what is most likely a VF-14 Vampire in this shot.

vlcsnap-2017-11-16-17h08m50s371.png

What on earth is that grey fighter with the dorsal intakes on the left??  Dorsal intakes sound like a bad idea for a dogfighter, angle of attack and all that....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, DWN013 said:

What on earth is that grey fighter with the dorsal intakes on the left??  Dorsal intakes sound like a bad idea for a dogfighter, angle of attack and all that....

it's a total mystery. this is the only piece of official macross media where it ever shows up.

Edited by anime52k8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, DWN013 said:

What on earth is that grey fighter with the dorsal intakes on the left??  Dorsal intakes sound like a bad idea for a dogfighter, angle of attack and all that....

Slightly better look. Pretty sure anime52k8 is right and this is just some random filler aircraft they added in.

vlcsnap-2017-11-16-17h13m15s412.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, mustang1 said:

 Oh crap,  is this going to go the way of you can’t own this and less you go to eBay ? 

Just have to keep an eye on those online shops, hard to know when preorder may reopen though...Or wait until closer to or at release

Edited by yman1437
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ouch looks like I might miss out on this one.

Update from HLJ, looks like it might be a repeat of the Kairos.

 

Hello,
 
Thank you for your recent order with HobbyLink Japan.
 
Unfortunately, due to a server slow-down caused by extremely heavy, concentrated traffic on our site yesterday, we received more orders of the limited BANN55061 DX Chogokin YF-19 Full Set Pack than we expect to be able to fulfill, despite having set limits on the number of total orders, and number of pieces individual customers were permitted to request.
 
As Bandai is intentionally limiting supply of the DX Chogokin YF-19 Full Set Pack, it has now been marked as "Order Stop", and we are currently assessing the situation, but at this time there is a strong possibility we will not be able to fulfill your order.  Any orders which will not be able to be filled will be cancelled shortly, and the affected customers notified. 
 
We hope this notification allows you time to also seek the item elsewhere.
 
Please accept our apologies for the unfortunate news and inconvenience to you. We appreciate your understanding, and your business with us.
 
HobbyLink Japan Customer Service
Edited by hoahuynh
Adding in more information
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, hoahuynh said:

Ouch looks like I might miss out on this one.

Update from HLJ, looks like it might be a repeat of the Kairos.

 

Hello,
 
Thank you for your recent order with HobbyLink Japan.
 
Unfortunately, due to a server slow-down caused by extremely heavy, concentrated traffic on our site yesterday, we received more orders of the limited BANN55061 DX Chogokin YF-19 Full Set Pack than we expect to be able to fulfill, despite having set limits on the number of total orders, and number of pieces individual customers were permitted to request.
 
As Bandai is intentionally limiting supply of the DX Chogokin YF-19 Full Set Pack, it has now been marked as "Order Stop", and we are currently assessing the situation, but at this time there is a strong possibility we will not be able to fulfill your order.  Any orders which will not be able to be filled will be cancelled shortly, and the affected customers notified. 
 
We hope this notification allows you time to also seek the item elsewhere.
 
Please accept our apologies for the unfortunate news and inconvenience to you. We appreciate your understanding, and your business with us.
 
HobbyLink Japan Customer Service

Oh no... I'm sorry to hear that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...