BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

23 minutes ago, cypherzero said:

I clicked on the link but there's nothing showing in terms of viewing the file of the parts in question on the website.  If you have a working link to the POM material, I would take those instead.  Filing parts to fit, doesn't faze me as I've worked on many Gundam kits.  ;)

Yeah, I'll have to re-upload the pattern, and get it back functioning again.  The POM version is about half the price, so that's not a terrible thing, but I have no idea how sturdy it is long-term.

Here's the link to the POM type.  If you look in my original post, I think it says how I trimmed it down, and if you compare it to the metal ones, you'll see what has to be filed down to de-conflict with the leg.

https://www.sculpteo.com/en/print/bracketpomnew/uJbMhkyy?basket=1&noclickredirect=1

Edit: Okay.. scratch that, the metal files aren't available anymore because Sculpteo doesn't offer metal parts anymore.  Bummer.

I still have the files, so maybe I can get them made somewhere else in metal, but for now the only materials Sculpteo offers are POM, acrylic, MDF, plywood, or cardboard. :lol:  Of those, I'm thinking POM is probably the best, though I'd be interested to know if anyone thinks acrylic would be stronger.

Edited by Chronocidal

You know, these two topics keep overlapping left and right, but to steer things back on course, I really would love to make a similar bracket for the Bandai YF-19 mold.

I just spent the last.. oh, maybe three hours trying to stabilize the wings on my VF-19 Advance.  So, with the right method, you can add a lot of stiffness to the rivets that keep the wings from swinging around wildly.. but unfortunately, that doesn't do anything to keep the wings from rattling around on their hinge.  For whatever reason, the wings both waggled up and down rather loosely.

So.. removing the tiny screw at the hinge point on the wing allowed me to -carefully- pop the glue enough to slip the hinge out of the wing.  UNFORTUNATELY... when I re-tightened those screws, which are insanely tiny, they almost instantly stripped out the wings, because they have all of two threads actually contacting the plastic.  

What started as me just trying to add a layer of scotch tape into the pivot to soak some of the wiggle turned into a couple hours of me figuring out some way to fill and re-drill the screw holes so those tiny screws would hold the wings shut.

I finally got it tight enough that the wings don't rattle.. but boy would I love to be able to get the entire wing glove apart without destroying it.  I'm not touching this one again. :lol: 

• 2 weeks later...

I was admiring my YF-19 today and remembering all the drama when I first got it. I can't believe I had to disassemble a $300 toy and file down one of the ball joints to allow the leg to be moved. That was SO scary to me. I know some people have been through worse with them so I'm thankful for that, but how did this stuff pass QC? I mean, if I were to force it in the transformation it would have ripped the plastic on the joint right off.

Edited by 100mega

I don't think that here was a proper time to check every single one of the DX YF-19 in production in terms of fit/finish/tolerance as it was in a long production line.

So its pick up the parts and assemble them as it goes.

A 3rd party TF company (Fans Toys) does do a quick QC check of their stuff after assembly, however I've seen their stuff having issues when it reaches out into the collectors hands once they fiddle with it. 

Note: I'm not a Fans Toys ambassador honestly as I see these issues when it gets reported on forums that I go on. I only have Hydra and it has issues on it as well. 

• 2 months later...
27 minutes ago, borgified said:

Going to post this here and let you guys discuss this over. 

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-038985-R

I think that most of us got it already and the prices for it at this condition (Item A, Box B)  on Amiami is not surprising. 

What the heck is going on with YF-19 prices??

https://auctions.yahoo.co.jp/closedsearch/closedsearch?va=DX+YF-19&vo=&ve=&auccat=0&aucminprice=&aucmaxprice=&slider=0&ei=UTF-8&f_adv=1&fr=auc_adv

Apparently they're actually selling that high these days. Last I looked it was like ¥28,000 for an unopened one.

2 hours ago, borgified said:

@ValkAddict -  @Sanity is Optional has no time to put his Macross stuff for sale as of now as time is very limited for him. 

Oh, I’ve got time now, finished my job hunt and have something lined up for my imminent layoff.

Now the only thing standing in the way is general hoarding desire, though the prices on those YF-19s is mighty tempting. If I could actually get it.

It really doesn't surprise me much seeing the prices climb like that, that's one of the (very) few sources of external ordnance for Bandai's extensive line of completely naked fighter craft. :p 

I'd argue it's probably their best DX release period, in terms of in-box value, and seeing Bandai include anything extra with any DX release is already on the level of finding bigfoot and a unicorn having a tea party with an alien in your backyard.

11 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

:ph34r:

2113961425_20210512_194714-Copy.thumb.jpg.fdf2812edcd5e77a6304b528f344a747.jpg

So I'm just curious.  It's well known how difficult it is to obtain these when they're first up for pre-order.  How were you able to get multiples?  It seems like just getting one is hard.

13 minutes ago, Special Sauce said:

So I'm just curious.  It's well known how difficult it is to obtain these when they're first up for pre-order.  How were you able to get multiples?  It seems like just getting one is hard.

The VF-1 and YF-19 DX were relatively easy to acquire when first released.  They were new designs so it seemed like folks were reluctant to jump in. 

I think I had 6-7 of the initial VF-1 and YF-19 combo sets because POs were not that hard to secure at the usual suspects. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

The VF-1 and YF-19 DX were relatively easy to acquire when first released.  They were new designs so it seemed like folks were reluctant to jump in. 

I think I had 6-7 of the initial VF-1 and YF-19 combo sets because POs were not that hard to secure at the usual suspects. 

Ahh Gotcha.  I didn't know that the whole pre-order madness thing was a more recent phenomena.  

25 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

No issues here. Heck, the fun of those closet shots are the reactions.

Just keep airflow, humidity, and wall temperature in mind.  After living in my house for a couple of years, I found that my outside walls aren't insulated (just block with an air gap to the plaster) and the books and manga I had against them were moldy.  :shok::cray:

22 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Just keep airflow, humidity, and wall temperature in mind.  After living in my house for a couple of years, I found that my outside walls aren't insulated (just block with an air gap to the plaster) and the books and manga I had against them were moldy.  :shok::cray:

Interior closet in California, with the doors closed, stays more consistent temperature than the rest of the condo.

My spare YF-19 is still in my storage room along with a lot of other stuff that I haven’t had a chance to open.  I need to open the YF-19 and do some poses from Macross Plus.

Hello! New here! Hope everyone is having a great day. 

Anyone know good places to purchase the DX YF-19 and that ship to the US?  

I tried looking on amazon.co.jp and mandarake, but those are either sold out or do the sellers do not ship to the US.

There's quite a few of them on ebay, but the prices seem a little too expensive especially for the used/preowned ones. Do you recommend buying from ebay/second hand sellers when it comes to these figures? 

2 minutes ago, Dinosaur said:

Hello! New here! Hope everyone is having a great day. 

I tried looking on amazon.co.jp and mandarake, but those are either sold out or do the sellers do not ship to the US.

There's quite a few of them on ebay, but the prices seem a little too expensive especially for the used/preowned ones. Do you recommend buying from ebay/second hand sellers when it comes to these figures? 

One option is to post in the Wanted thread here:

https://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/forum/10-wanted/

Maybe someone is looking to sell one and they can hook you up.

7 hours ago, Dinosaur said:

Do you recommend buying from ebay/second hand sellers when it comes to these figures? 

Welcome! In addition to Mandrake, I suggest Jungle - their prices are slightly higher, but they are a reliable online store.

https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/

Also I would recommend you check Mandrake and Jungle daily. Sometimes it's timing and luck to find something they've listed you want, in stock, and at a decent price. Good hunting!

You're going to pay around ¥45k to ¥50k for a DX YF-19 Full Set @Dinosaur and possibly ¥35k to ¥44k for a DX YF-19 Advanced. 

Differences are noted on @jenius' blog at Scorched Earth Toys and check out his YouTube Channel under the same name. 

Good thing that you passed over the listing I posted on the previous page at ¥50k... You're going pay the mega late tax on this bird if you get it. 

14 minutes ago, borgified said:

You're going to pay around ¥45k to ¥50k for a DX YF-19 Full Set @Dinosaur and possibly ¥35k to ¥44k for a DX YF-19 Advanced. 

Differences are noted on @jenius' blog at Scorched Earth Toys and check out his YouTube Channel under the same name. 

Good thing that you passed over the listing I posted on the previous page at ¥50k... You're going pay the mega late tax on this bird if you get it. 

Big fan of @jenius's videos and, yeah, his review really made me lean more towards getting the DX YF-19 Full Set.

The prices you gave me for the YF-19 Full Set sound about right for it. I want to get it new, but it seems like the used/preowned ones are going for that amount... 

I might just have to miss out on this one or wait for a re-release (which is starting to seem unlikely, but they did it for the Roy Focker VF-1S so who knows?). Still gonna keep searching!

1 hour ago, ValkAddict said:

Welcome! In addition to Mandrake, I suggest Jungle - their prices are slightly higher, but they are a reliable online store.

https://jungle-scs.co.jp/sale_en/

Also I would recommend you check Mandrake and Jungle daily. Sometimes it's timing and luck to find something they've listed you want, in stock, and at a decent price. Good hunting!

Thank you for the welcome and the recommendations!

Do you know how much shipping normally goes for with these kinds of sites? 

Edited by Dinosaur

@Dinosaur -  There's a 5% additional (processing) fee on Jungle's items as they have to do the proper paperwork before shipping it outside Japan for overseas customers and DHL shipping for now given this present situation (Japan and Taiwan is now under a tighter lockdown as the infection numbers are getting higher if you haven noticed). 

Shipping by DHL us not going to be cheap as I got a Yammie 1/60 DYRL Max for  ¥21.5k and the DHL fees was ¥4.3k to get it shipped to British Columbia (total almost ¥29k complete). 

The bigger the box or heavier it gets, it's going to add on price of the item your getting. 

Edited by borgified