BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

16 minutes ago, Roy Focker said:

Me now nobody order them before I'm back home.

Well... Then you have to make a Speedy Gonzalez and make the order very quick @Roy Focker

Anytime that I do post of these items up that are in demand  for grabs up here, it usually gets snapped up quickly (unless you want to make the potential buyer hell and back up on ordering it). 

I nearly forgot about it.  Missed the lower price one.  Looks like they want 7800 yen for shipping.

35,800 grand total isn't that bad but if we had more shipping options it would still feel like a good deal.

1 hour ago, Roy Focker said:

I nearly forgot about it.  Missed the lower price one.  Looks like they want 7800 yen for shipping.

35,800 grand total isn't that bad but if we had more shipping options it would still feel like a good deal.

Don't blame you there. The box is actually higher than the regular DX boxes as your packing in a full deck of missiles, fold booster and the Supers that is not included in the Advance version. 

On 8/2/2020 at 2:31 PM, borgified said:

Anyone still looking for a DX YF-19 Full set?

Manda has two copies up for grabs, see pics for further details. 

24k yen (used, opened, package damaged)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1144721928&ref=doc&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

28k yen (un-opened. packaged damaged)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1144700959&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

I got the 28k shipped to Mexico by EMS for 5,200 yen. I activated the alerts for this one some days ago and as soon as I received the alert on my email I ordered it.

This one is on Yahoo Auctions right now but most likely it will reach the 36k yen: https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/q387012144

11 hours ago, Roy Focker said:

That's not much more than EMS.

I still absolutely love this thing.

My only regret is that I broke the rear strut to keep the fold booster on.

I bought one from shapways.....super expensive.   But....it was the wrong color.   Better than nothing I guess.

Thing is, I never, ever, ever use the missiles.  I strictly deck it out as seen in the OVA/Movie so the only extra weapon I've ever used is the arm cannon.

Is there any chance some forum member out there has an extra fold booster strut and wants to trade me for a handful of missiles and attachments or something?   I've had this thing two years and never even taken them out of the box, so I doubt I'll miss them.

Longshot, I know....but hey...hit me up if it sounds plausible!

I keep contemplating getting the VF-19 Advance in addition to my YF-19, but really thinking I shouldn't since the YF-19 has everything I need.  The VF-19 had like two sec of screen time anyway.  Is there a compelling reason to grab the VF other than to just have the SMS version?

1 hour ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

I keep contemplating getting the VF-19 Advance in addition to my YF-19, but really thinking I shouldn't since the YF-19 has everything I need.  The VF-19 had like two sec of screen time anyway.  Is there a compelling reason to grab the VF other than to just have the SMS version?

To have the super boosters and other shoulder armor parts for the 19 perhaps? The ones released for the Arcadia version are far harder to come by.

32 minutes ago, MacrossJunkie said:

To have the super boosters and other shoulder armor parts for the 19 perhaps? The ones released for the Arcadia version are far harder to come by.

There is two units for grabs on Jungle for the Arcadia version, however international shipping is grounded.

Ugh... If Jungle did had DHL shipping, I wound pick up something form there and get it shipped to Canada. 

4 minutes ago, borgified said:

There is two units for grabs on Jungle for the Arcadia version, however international shipping is grounded.

Ugh... If Jungle did had DHL shipping, I wound pick up something form there and get it shipped to Canada. 

I don't see the super boosters add ons there. Only the actual YF-19 toys.

edit: just to be clear, I'm talking about these:

On 6/30/2014 at 6:55 AM, EXO said:

And other option parts... Wonderfest Exclusives only

https://twitter.com/TREXTOYS

post-151-0-00049800-1404125686_thumb.jpg post-151-0-56644500-1404125687_thumb.jpg post-151-0-38445500-1404125688_thumb.jpg post-151-0-60857800-1404125689_thumb.jpg post-151-0-94352300-1404125690_thumb.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

5 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

My Bandai VF-19 kinda drives me nuts. The booster fall off constantly.

The Arcadia is pretty cool wit the shoulder things. I like the "toony" look of the Arcadia too. My OCD would kill me if I put an Arcadia next to a Bandai though. And I alreday have a gaggle of Bandai's. So that pretty much solves itself.

6 hours ago, DYRL VF-1S said:

That's exactly what I thought so I skipped on the YF-19 on the initial offering.  I do like my Bandai VF-19 DX over my Arcadia YF-19 in every way, but I spent so much time and effort in weathering and designing and printing decals for that bare naked expensive Arcadia toy that I can't just sell it now (it came first, so I had no choice, if I were to do it all over again, I'd skip on the Arcadia).  But when they announced the Bandai YF-21, I realized that I can't really put that next to my Bandai VF-19 (markings wrong and wrong booster) and the lack of Tampo on the Arcadia and bulbous sculpt just doesn't match the angular sharp presentation of the Bandai YF-21.  So I cracked and ordered the Bandai YF-19 and its so much better than the VF-19.  I think its slightly better articulated (at lease easier to pose for me), they added a hing/joint, love the green fold booster (way more than those Frontier boosters), love the arm folding cannon/missile pack, all the extra missiles.  Again, if I knew that there was going to be a YF-19, I wouldn't have gotten the VF-19.  I just can't decide to display it in plane mode with the fold booster or battroid with the arm canon/missile pack?  (the only solution is to get yet another one :shok:) - that's how much I ended up liking the Bandai YF-19 when I didn't even have any interest in the initial pre-order.

Did anyone every produce something to keep the wings in the right position? They're not terrible, just more fiddly than I'd like and makes this partivule Valk a little less swooshable. I seem to remember a mod, or 3D printed insert or something that helped, though I honestly can't remember which 19 it was for.

2 hours ago, wm cheng said:

That's exactly what I thought so I skipped on the YF-19 on the initial offering.  I do like my Bandai VF-19 DX over my Arcadia YF-19 in every way, but I spent so much time and effort in weathering and designing and printing decals for that bare naked expensive Arcadia toy that I can't just sell it now (it came first, so I had no choice, if I were to do it all over again, I'd skip on the Arcadia).  But when they announced the Bandai YF-21, I realized that I can't really put that next to my Bandai VF-19 (markings wrong and wrong booster) and the lack of Tampo on the Arcadia and bulbous sculpt just doesn't match the angular sharp presentation of the Bandai YF-21.  So I cracked and ordered the Bandai YF-19 and its so much better than the VF-19.  I think its slightly better articulated (at lease easier to pose for me), they added a hing/joint, love the green fold booster (way more than those Frontier boosters), love the arm folding cannon/missile pack, all the extra missiles.  Again, if I knew that there was going to be a YF-19, I wouldn't have gotten the VF-19.  I just can't decide to display it in plane mode with the fold booster or battroid with the arm canon/missile pack?  (the only solution is to get yet another one :shok:) - that's how much I ended up liking the Bandai YF-19 when I didn't even have any interest in the initial pre-order.

That’s awesome feedback thanks! I think that solves it for me. I love my YF-19 except that my stabilizers fall off so easily.

3 hours ago, sqidd said:

My Bandai VF-19 kinda drives me nuts. The booster fall off constantly.

The Arcadia is pretty cool wit the shoulder things. I like the "toony" look of the Arcadia too. My OCD would kill me if I put an Arcadia next to a Bandai though. And I alreday have a gaggle of Bandai's. So that pretty much solves itself.

And this too! Thanks man!

3 hours ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

Did anyone every produce something to keep the wings in the right position? They're not terrible, just more fiddly than I'd like and makes this partivule Valk a little less swooshable. I seem to remember a mod, or 3D printed insert or something that helped, though I honestly can't remember which 19 it was for.

I never made a fix for the Bandai, because getting a Bandai valk disassembled to mod is absolute hell.  

I did make a mod part for the Arcadia YF-19 though.  It's still rather difficult to install, because you might have to drill out a pair of screw covers to get the wing gloves apart, but the installation is otherwise very straight-forward.  I just replaced the metal swing-arm with a solid plate that lets the wing swing forward and back.

I don't know if the site I used can still manufacture them, but I made a couple of sets to test in both laser-cut POM and metal.

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I never made a fix for the Bandai, because getting a Bandai valk disassembled to mod is absolute hell.  

I did make a mod part for the Arcadia YF-19 though.  It's still rather difficult to install, because you might have to drill out a pair of screw covers to get the wing gloves apart, but the installation is otherwise very straight-forward.  I just replaced the metal swing-arm with a solid plate that lets the wing swing forward and back.

I don't know if the site I used can still manufacture them, but I made a couple of sets to test in both laser-cut POM and metal.

This is 100% what I was thinking of, appreciate the link! That said, the problem on my DX 19 isn't so egregious that I need to try and reverse engineer anything extra. If it was something simple that already existed that would have been spiffy, but I'm largely content with it as is.

You know the YF-19 isn't one of my favorite VFs.  I don't hate it.  I think it is alright.  I have the Yamato and it's kind of floppy.  Bandai impressed me with their VF-1 DX.  I've been filling up my display cases with things that I missed and placed the YF-19 on my list of things to get if I can get them at a good price.  Got a chance to examine my latest purchase.  I don't regret getting it.

4 hours ago, jasonmacross83 said:

Don't know why people complain about the feet. I have two of these babies and I love them to death! I have one that is opened and one sealed. My personal favorite from the DX line. Hoping the YF-21 comes out soon since it's been almost a year since it was first teased.

It's because Bandai made the heels oversized, and basically designed the feet almost entirely for battroid mode. 

The feet on the VF-19 Advance had very skinny heels, and looked odd in battroid, but entirely streamlined in fighter mode.

They switched methods for the YF-19, and overcompensated, making the heels into blocky chunks that stick up above the end of the leg, rather than sinking into it.

Meanwhile, Yamato and Arcadia never seemed to have trouble with the shape of the feet, they just could never get the ball jointed ankles to work quite right. :p 

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

They switched methods for the YF-19, and overcompensated, making the heels into blocky chunks that stick up above the end of the leg, rather than sinking into it.

da0eb40b0edc8017ae21928c87aa8120.jpg

On 8/7/2020 at 11:06 AM, MacrossJunkie said:

I don't see the super boosters add ons there. Only the actual YF-19 toys.

edit: just to be clear, I'm talking about these:

These:

C33A5707-AD3B-4004-93AF-E2E27E78BD0A.jpeg.21724a5c2196b799e0895652d98f0455.jpeg

Hoping I might have the time to get them built and painted to add to these:

60BB7F11-B017-4E1B-89EA-04E700D50145.jpeg.5d64919d14eeb4dc52ded036face9ebe.jpeg