BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to post this here and this might be the lowest that I've seen it go for.

DX YF-19 Full Set for grabs at 23k yen (opened, used, box heavily damaged). See pics if interested.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1142398321&ref=list&dispCount=240&keyword=yf-19&lang=en

1 hour ago, borgified said:

I'm going to post this here and this might be the lowest that I've seen it go for.

DX YF-19 Full Set for grabs at 23k yen (opened, used, box heavily damaged). See pics if interested.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1142398321&ref=list&dispCount=240&keyword=yf-19&lang=en

I haven't been variable fighter shopping since 2007.  What differences are there between the yamato '19 and the bandai?  

3 minutes ago, myk said:

I haven't been variable fighter shopping since 2007.  What differences are there between the yamato '19 and the bandai?  

Going to be honest, the Yamato looks like crap in fighter mode.

The Arcadia is just about anime accurate in fighter mode, and pretty good in Gerwalk/Battroid.

The Bandai has lots of excess tampo and markings everywhere, is good in all 3 modes, but is best in Battroid. Also has good articulation and lots of extras.

In short, if you want a good YF-19 it's a choice between Arcadia and Bandai, while Yamato sits and cries in a corner.

On 6/12/2020 at 9:45 PM, wm cheng said:

I guess I've been just lucky then since I haven't had any customs or duties on anything that has been sent to me via EMS for the last 3-4yrs (including the YF-19 I just received).  I got dinged with EMS maybe 4yrs ago once but then nothing before that for a few years.  I do however get dinged consistently 100% when it comes through via DHL, FedEx or Purolator. 

Most recently, I got a SSP delivered and that cost me $33.37 from DHL.  The actual customs & taxes were only $14.72, (which is probably what I would have paid via post) but DHL tacked on a processing fee of $12.71 AND a transaction fee of $5.93.  So $18.64 went to DHL is what I meant which didn't sit right with me.

This is been my experience as well. I live in western Canada. I recently had two shipments which i chose Fedex and DHL because they were actually cheaper than EMS. I got greedy on the quicker shipping times but i ended up getting fined customs $48 for each. I had to call them to pay by credit card too. Cost me an extra day or two thus eliminating the shipping time advantage. Never again. EMS all the way.

Somewhat worried about NY liquidity. I requested a cancellation for my YF-19 about a week ago, which they accepted.

However, my refund is yet to be processed and all I get from customer service is "within the next week" which amounts to soon™ in my experience. 

I appreciate their willingness to cancel, but am worried about their future viability if they're struggling to return $300.

15 minutes ago, Archer said:

Somewhat worried about NY liquidity. I requested a cancellation for my YF-19 about a week ago, which they accepted.

However, my refund is yet to be processed and all I get from customer service is "within the next week" which amounts to soon™ in my experience. 

I appreciate their willingness to cancel, but am worried about their future viability if they're struggling to return $300.

This has been precisely my concern with them, especially when they pulled the "we need your funds now" on the delayed Arcadia VF-0D toy. My sensitivity toward a store's customer service becomes heightened when they demand up front payment, like they do on more and more toys, and then fail to deliver after the toy has been out FOR MONTHS. Something fishy is going on over there. I'm 100% done doing business with them once my remaining orders come through, or they go out of business, whichever comes first.

5 hours ago, jenius said:

This has been precisely my concern with them, especially when they pulled the "we need your funds now" on the delayed Arcadia VF-0D toy. My sensitivity toward a store's customer service becomes heightened when they demand up front payment, like they do on more and more toys, and then fail to deliver after the toy has been out FOR MONTHS. Something fishy is going on over there. I'm 100% done doing business with them once my remaining orders come through, or they go out of business, whichever comes first.

The 0D is my last item from them. It feels good to be free. Over the last 10 years I’ve  Always had over 2 pages of active orders consistently.  This is the result of bad customer service.

6 hours ago, Archer said:

From experience (I think I have cancelled 3 times with them), they always take a few days to process my refund. Not sure if it is due to lake of fund or just slow processing of the task.

52 minutes ago, Archer said:

Thanks for the info everyone! Ultimately got my refund tonight, shortly after posting my prior comment. Can't complain anymore :)

Oh, you can absolutely complain about NY.:D

Edited by sqidd

9 hours ago, TrickyCustomer said:

NY's customer service system is by far the worst i have ever come across. At least nin nin tries to solve the issue instead of fobbing you off with a ticket. Useless.

FWIW, the one time I ordered from nin-nin, they didn't deliver. I waited several months before I asked them about it and they never responded. I brought it up with PayPal and they never responded to PayPal. I got my money back and never heard a single peep from them throughout the entire process.

13 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

FWIW, the one time I ordered from nin-nin, they didn't deliver. I waited several months before I asked them about it and they never responded. I brought it up with PayPal and they never responded to PayPal. I got my money back and never heard a single peep from them throughout the entire process.

That's strange as i usually get a response on the day or the next day at the very least. Perhaps they were a bit slack whenever that happened? I have never really had any issue with them, and i have bought a fair bit off them in the past.

1 hour ago, TrickyCustomer said:

That's strange as i usually get a response on the day or the next day at the very least. Perhaps they were a bit slack whenever that happened? I have never really had any issue with them, and i have bought a fair bit off them in the past.

Good to know. I haven't used them since but I may give them another shot during preorder madness if I can't get something through my regular means. Worst case scenario, same thing happens and I get my money back again.

20 hours ago, Archer said:

Thanks for the info everyone! Ultimately got my refund tonight, shortly after posting my prior comment. Can't complain anymore :)

Good for you! 

Is it sheer coincidence or does NY track our comments here??  Is that why they have decided to ignore me?

17 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

They are aware of this forum.

Good to know! I also remember the days that HLJ was around these parts. I'd love to bend their ear about their ridiculous checkout process. 

Hopefully N-Y see that they have supporters of their store, that they have folks that want to support their store, but won't or are tentative because of new or past issues. The ask would be that for items that are within their control, to make changes to keep earning business.

-b.

24 minutes ago, TacticalNuclearPenguin said:

Hoping for some help here.  Transformed my DX YF-19 the other day, and after I was done I noticed a small piece had popped and landed on the carpet.  I've been trying to figure out where it came from.  Hoping someone recognizes it so I can install it back where it belongs.  Thanks!

20200706_143808.jpg

20200706_143821.jpg

I don't own the figure yet but that looks like a screw cover. Have you checked to see if there's a screw covered on one side of the figure but not the other?

1 hour ago, TacticalNuclearPenguin said:

Hoping for some help here.  Transformed my DX YF-19 the other day, and after I was done I noticed a small piece had popped and landed on the carpet.  I've been trying to figure out where it came from.  Hoping someone recognizes it so I can install it back where it belongs.  Thanks!

20200706_143808.jpg

1 hour ago, Paco Grande said:

I don't own the figure yet but that looks like a screw cover. Have you checked to see if there's a screw covered on one side of the figure but not the other?

Based on Tactical's pics and Paco Grande's reply, the covers on the upper thighs might be the answer. 

Inside the Black coloured circle.

20200709_155608.jpg

11 hours ago, ErikElvis said:

Still hoping for the release without the crappy writing on the wings. 

Well, there is the Advance one that you can use, however there is no Full Missile package and the Fold Booster. 

Bonus that you still have the Frontier Supers that you can still use? :rolleyes:

I want one without the junk on the wings, but using the Advance feet.  (I watched the OVA again, and got out the design works again--I don't know what they were smoking when they thought the new heels looked MORE accurate to the original YF-19--they're LESS accurate---they're just fugly-ridiculous now)  

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't feel like destroying one to do that, but I did find that if you push the ankles in the right way, they can sort of sink to where the heels don't stick up above the back of bottom of the leg.  It re-centers the exhaust a bit lower, and winds up looking pretty passable from most angles.

Anyone still looking for a DX YF-19 Full set?

Manda has two copies up for grabs, see pics for further details. 

24k yen (used, opened, package damaged)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1144721928&ref=doc&keyword=マクロス&lang=en

28k yen (un-opened. packaged damaged)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1144700959&ref=list&keyword=マクロス&lang=en