BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

9 hours ago, seti88 said:

Was it anyone from this here forum that had lek do that custom yf-19?

LEK wins again! Beautiful!

2 hours ago, jenius said:

They really turned that display stand from a turd into something that looks pretty nice!

I can't imagine doing custom paint on the DX 19... I would definitely never transform it again.

Yeah, the display stand looks incredible now and something I want instead of something I don't even want to use. The ordinance looks great too. LEK is the man!

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Getting the DX back into fighter mode was a Sisyphean ordeal. :wacko:

Yeah, I like how this one looks (I'm mostly fine with the "over-tampo-ing"), but transforming it is not really enjoyable.  It's not too horrible without the fast packs, but not something I'd call fun.

Trying to get everything to line up in fighter mode with fast packs might actually be impossible.  You can get it "adequate," but actually getting everything to tab in properly is... I've never done it successfully.

Nice job on the landing gear, btw.

• 1 month later...

Just cracked this thing open (YF-19 Full Set).

Fighter to Battroid using the Anymoon/Scorched Earth youtube guide was pretty smooth.  The backpack going over the head/torso caught me, but as the video pointed out, the key is just making sure the backpack is fully extended.  Minor pulling was all it took.

The hips on mine were WAY too stiff.  Didn't want to chance it, immediately unscrewed the hips and loosened the joints.  Everyone should do this as a preventative measure, holy cow they did not want to rotate.

I can already tell going back to fighter is going to be an ordeal - those internal gun/trap door mechanisms seem ripe for getting stuck.

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

Purchased this from NY recently, as it was listed in stock. However, haven't heard a peep from them concerning shipment. In fact, It's been about three weeks since I paid...

Does it always take this long for in stock items?

They are typically a little slow but that is egregious. 

1 minute ago, Archer said:

Purchased this from NY recently, as it was listed in stock. However, haven't heard a peep from them concerning shipment. In fact, It's been about three weeks since I paid...

With NY, that's not unheard of, really.  They love taking their time getting around to fulfilling paid orders.

Right now though, the situation is anything but normal.  Basically, they're dealing with a backlog of stalled orders due to the virus situation.

It will also depend on which shipping method you chose, and if you picked one of the methods currently under restriction, you might just have to sit and wait.  They have been listening to requests to change shipping methods, but the only option there seems to be paying them highway robbery-level amounts to switch to UPS.

It is what it is.  I don't doubt you'll get your item, but you're going to have to be extremely patient, because it may be months.

5 hours ago, Archer said:

Is Mandarake not an option at the time of purchase? (granted that it is now sold out). I always use NY but for released items, NY rarely undercut Mandarake pricing (plus the cheap DHL option from Mandarake)

Edited by chyll2

40 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Is Mandarake not an option at the time of purchase? (granted that it is now sold out). I always use NY but for released items, NY rarely undercut Mandarake pricing (plus the cheap DHL option from Mandarake)

There is one from Manda however it has a broken right lower wing stabilizer base for 24k yen.

I hope it wasn't @onnasake's refurbished copy from the Bandai Headquarters with new parts that was replaced and returned... 

Saw that prior to comment, I wont even count that as a stock. For that time of damage (critical for the iconic fighter mode), it deserve more price cut.

3 weeks or earlier, there are plenty of bnew stock of 28000 yen (though I will personally like the opened at 26,000 yen or less since it guarantees no broken head laser). This, in comparison with the 31500 price in NY.

Thanks for the info guys! Tbh, I didn't check Mandarake and just jumped the gun on NY. Good learning moment I suppose....

I chose the ferry option, as I'm not in a hurry. However, I would like to see it get shipped at least sooner than later.

I just got my YF-19 from Mandarake last week (EMS shipped Apr 15 - 1.5 months argh!) and can't stop playing with it!  I love it (I originally didn't get it because I had the Bandai VF-19 already and the Arcadia YF-19 unfortunately).  LOVE this toy (got it thinking it might be hard once YF-21 comes out and makes a better pair than the Arcadia) - the extra tampo is great, love the extra twist in Gerwalk leg joint, love the fold booster, love the folding arm weapons - wished I only got this instead of the expensive POS Arcadia (keeping it only because I put so much work into decaling, panel line and clear coating it to make it presentable) and if this came out before the VF-19 - I would have never bought that, smart move Bandai!  All I've done is Flory Panel Line wash it in light grey and black for the moveable surfaces and vents.  I haven't painted the gears white yet since I only have white acrylic, I think these structs needs a white lacquer to stick better and stand up more as there's a bit more punishment in the forward gear folding mechanism.  Highly recommend it to anyone on the fence, and surprisingly they haven't gone up in price too much over the last 1.5yrs - but maybe not pay for EMS.

IMG_9899_resize.JPG.a7b15d37450efc69f3904de28dcd7a43.JPGIMG_9900_resize.JPG.f38af9ebc95b1822e83125f437a0d6a5.JPGIMG_9902_resize.JPG.0d4bdb94fa1935b56017805143d88bb8.JPG

33 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

I just got my YF-19 from Mandarake last week (EMS shipped Apr 15 - 1.5 months argh!) and can't stop playing with it!  I love it (I originally didn't get it because I had the Bandai VF-19 already and the Arcadia YF-19 unfortunately).  LOVE this toy (got it thinking it might be hard once YF-21 comes out and makes a better pair than the Arcadia) - the extra tampo is great, love the extra twist in Gerwalk leg joint, love the fold booster, love the folding arm weapons - wished I only got this instead of the expensive POS Arcadia (keeping it only because I put so much work into decaling, panel line and clear coating it to make it presentable) and if this came out before the VF-19 - I would have never bought that, smart move Bandai!  All I've done is Flory Panel Line wash it in light grey and black for the moveable surfaces and vents.  I haven't painted the gears white yet since I only have white acrylic, I think these structs needs a white lacquer to stick better and stand up more as there's a bit more punishment in the forward gear folding mechanism.  Highly recommend it to anyone on the fence, and surprisingly they haven't gone up in price too much over the last 1.5yrs - but maybe not pay for EMS.

IMG_9899_resize.JPG.a7b15d37450efc69f3904de28dcd7a43.JPGIMG_9900_resize.JPG.f38af9ebc95b1822e83125f437a0d6a5.JPGIMG_9902_resize.JPG.0d4bdb94fa1935b56017805143d88bb8.JPG

Sweet pics! Thanks for sharing and congrats on getting this lovely bird!

49 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

IMG_9902_resize.JPG.0d4bdb94fa1935b56017805143d88bb8.JPG

Looks great! Yeah gotta paint those landing gears. Bandai's unpainted landing gears are such an eyesore.

Man those pics you guys are posting look amazing! I almost bought a YF-19 set on Mandarake yesterday but I heard in a different thread that the DHL shipping for that size box is 8000 Yen and also Mandarake apparently refuses to mark down the value for customs fees so I would get nailed with that too. I’ll have to wait and my wallet will be destroyed another day. 

Well, EMS to Canada took over 1.5 months from Mandarake for my YF-19 but no Customs & Duties.  DHL however I was just dinged both a Processing Fee AND a Transaction Fee on top of the Government Duties and Taxes which ended up paying more to DHL than the government.  Never had Customs & Duties when I ordered EMS, only through couriers.

1 minute ago, wm cheng said:

Well, EMS to Canada took over 1.5 months from Mandarake for my YF-19 but no Customs & Duties.  DHL however I was just dinged both a Processing Fee AND a Transaction Fee on top of the Government Duties and Taxes which ended up paying more to DHL than the government.  Never had Customs & Duties when I ordered EMS, only through couriers.

I feel for you.  DHL and UPS are terrible.  I pay way more for their "service" than I do in taxes.  The only time I do not pay for taxes using DHL is via Amazon Japan.  I can't wait until EMS/SAL resumes.

DHL is great through Amazon Japan. It's 1200-1600 Yen for the stuff I usually buy and 2 day delivery even during a pandemic. No extra fees when it gets to Canada because Amazon charges those fees up front. And for the last 6 months or more I've been getting 100% refunds for my Canadian taxes from AJ around a month after delivery. So I'm currently not paying any taxes or duty for AJ purchases. But the cheap DHL shipping is because Amazon makes insane deals with all the parcel carriers that is so low it's actually hurting USPS and other companies.

For other stores using DHL they don't have those awesome rate deals in place like Amazon so it costs a lot more. And I wish Mandarake would tell you up front what the DHL shipping cost is. They only tell you after you purchase.

Whether or not you pay taxes using EMS, SAL etc. is based on whether or not the store is willing to mark down the price on your parcel and luck. If the border officers are really busy they may push your parcel through. Also I find if the price is listed in Yen they often don't bother. But I believe they are working on a system that will ding every single parcel so eventually we are screwed.

Anyway that Bandai YF-19 set looks amazing and I really want to get it before the 21 comes out.

Edited by Paco Grande

10 hours ago, wm cheng said:

This is not a DHL problem.

Back up here @wm cheng... 

What @Mommar said is correct: It's not a DHL problem.

As you all know, I'm in Vancouver, B.C. and I still get dinged regardless of using DHL, EMS or SAL.

From Manda:

Customs Fee on the DX YF-19 Full Set for $48 CND and just recently for the DX VF-1a Max for $41.15 CND (both via EMS). Got dinged with $25 CND for the HMR Monster and the HMR VF-2ss Silvie for also $23 CND (both via SAL).

Banpresto Spirits Kuji: Sheryl in Blue Robe = Paid $25 CND in Custom fees via EMS

From Amiami:

Customs Fee on a Macross related item for $25 CND via DHL (can't remember what it is). 

Have not got tagged from Jungle so far as have dealt with them roughly 5/6 times in total.

All packages will get scanned at Customs regardless of what shipping method. Full amount of the item must be declared at the top of the package. It's up to the buyer to disclose the full amount or devalue it to get by Customs with no issues. It all depends if you get tagged or not for Custom Fees and how they label the package.

When I order either Macross or Official Masterpiece TFs from Amazon.jp, they send the packages to my doorstep by DHL and the fees are totaled onto the s+h cost. A month later, I get the rebate for shipping on my CC statement. 

I guess I've been just lucky then since I haven't had any customs or duties on anything that has been sent to me via EMS for the last 3-4yrs (including the YF-19 I just received).  I got dinged with EMS maybe 4yrs ago once but then nothing before that for a few years.  I do however get dinged consistently 100% when it comes through via DHL, FedEx or Purolator. 

Most recently, I got a SSP delivered and that cost me $33.37 from DHL.  The actual customs & taxes were only $14.72, (which is probably what I would have paid via post) but DHL tacked on a processing fee of $12.71 AND a transaction fee of $5.93.  So $18.64 went to DHL is what I meant which didn't sit right with me.

9 hours ago, wm cheng said:

So $18.64 went to DHL is what I meant which didn't sit right with me.

With DHL, they purposely go through their shipments and process the taxes on behalf of CBSA, and then they charge you for the service.  With EMS via Canada Post, they let CBSA decide whether to charge taxes or not.  I think I have paid taxes maybe 2 time in the last 10 years with Canada Post.

Given that Amazon pays this upfront and refunds me when I ship with them via DHL, I would not be surprised if DHL charges us upfront and pockets the taxes if CBSA decides not to charge taxes given how infrequently packages are actually taxed.

Also, I have had full value declarations on packages from AmiAmi, HLJ, etc that were not taxed.  The only difference I can see if if they mark the contents as Toys vs. Collectables.  I never get ding'd for Toys, but usually do for collectables.

Yes I agree, I'm sure DHL or couriers pocket the taxes when they are not charged as I got a DHL invoice but not the Canada Customs Invoice (which I get about 1-2 items for every 5-8 courier charges) which is still way more than when I get caught with EMS/Canada Post (which always returns me a Canada Customs invoice when caught).  Yes my packages are always declared full value but I never thought to look at the declaration between collectibles and toys (I think they always say toys/models no battery).

5 hours ago, aurance said:

Sorry this has been asked before, but how stiff are the wings on this thing? Do they hold their position well?

My understanding is that they hold their position well without any armaments, but will wiggle out of place if you woosh it around with a full payload attached. 

However, it appears to be far far better than Arcadia's attempt at the high speed mode. 

• 2 weeks later...