BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

On 1/27/2020 at 8:56 AM, Pontus said:

I got a replacement head laser from @kkx.  PM him and he may still have or be able to get/make them. 

There's also this one on Shapeways.

Replacement received! Thank you and @kkx for the hook-up. Now my YF-19 can fend off any angry Zentradi in pursuit from the rear!

Unrelated, but I was watching DYRL last night and noticed that the ancient city sure looked a lot like the design cues present in a lot of tech in Macross Plus and even in the design of the YF-19 itself. I've never really noticed that before!

lWflf7E.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

I just put in an order for one of these full set bad boys on Mandarake. I’m looking forward to getting it.

Prepare to fall in love! I've been staring at mine in fighter form all day long...

I received a head laser replacement from @kkx and was finally able to attach it recently. Now my YF-19 looks perfect! The plastic is well matched and the decal makes it look just like the original. I would recommend getting it into battleroid mode before attempting to swap it so you can hold the head steady while you insert the new piece. It doesn't take a lot of force to remove or to put in the new piece. I'm so pleased! Here are some pics:

QDsN1If.jpg

D2aAuQS.jpg

4VFQVdy.jpg

3 hours ago, 100mega said:

I received a head laser replacement from @kkx and was finally able to attach it recently. Now my YF-19 looks perfect! The plastic is well matched and the decal makes it look just like the original. I would recommend getting it into battleroid mode before attempting to swap it so you can hold the head steady while you insert the new piece. It doesn't take a lot of force to remove or to put in the new piece. I'm so pleased! Here are some pics:

QDsN1If.jpg

D2aAuQS.jpg

4VFQVdy.jpg

Nice to know removal and installation is not too hard. Mine came broken too but I super glued it back. I did order a replacement from someone on this forum. I'll keep it as a spare until something happens to the original again.

15 hours ago, 100mega said:

QDsN1If.jpg

D2aAuQS.jpg

4VFQVdy.jpg

Glad it works well.

On 2/20/2020 at 4:51 PM, 100mega said:

Prepare to fall in love! I've been staring at mine in fighter form all day long...

I have the VF-19Adv which is basically the same toy, but I had been wanting this one since it was announced. Found it for ¥24,000 on Mandarake.

I don't get why my left leg is so tight. I've completely disassembled the joint and just holding the two metal pieces on the ball joint and moving it around seems to make WAY too much friction. If I reassemble it the problem is just as bad as before. I feel like the ball is too big for the two metal pieces to close cleanly over it. This has to be a defect. Now that I think about it, before I ever transformed it, there was a gap in plastic above the intake on this same side proving that the two plastic pieces that screw together over this joint where never able to get close enough.

I tried assembling the leg off of the ball and it went together perfectly. So either the ball is too large or the die-cast metal pieces aren't hollowed out enough for the ball joint to fit in properly. Way to go, Bandai.

2 hours ago, 100mega said:

I don't get why my left leg is so tight. I've completely disassembled the joint and just holding the two metal pieces on the ball joint and moving it around seems to make WAY too much friction. If I reassemble it the problem is just as bad as before. I feel like the ball is too big for the two metal pieces to close cleanly over it. This has to be a defect. Now that I think about it, before I ever transformed it, there was a gap in plastic above the intake on this same side proving that the two plastic pieces that screw together over this joint where never able to get close enough.

I tried assembling the leg off of the ball and it went together perfectly. So either the ball is too large or the die-cast metal pieces aren't hollowed out enough for the ball joint to fit in properly. Way to go, Bandai.

Sand paper and lube.:good:

Or maybe "polish" the ball with a Dremel

There may be just one spot where it's too tight. Look for that. The production method used on those parts doesn't leave much room for variability. You're probably looking for a small defect opposed to the entire part being sized incorrectly.

Edited by sqidd

7 hours ago, 100mega said:

Mine are stiff in some positions more than others, so yours is probably particularly bad.  I'm betting there's a bad seam line running through the middle of the ball that's holding you up.

Hello, sorry for some possibly noob questions. 

Do we think Bandai will reissue the 19 to go with the 21? Or should I just try to get one on AmiAmi, Mandarake etc.? I don’t mind waiting for the reissue.

Also, what are the odds that Bandai would ever make the 19 or 21 in 1/48 like their VF-1? Slim to none?

Thanks!

Edited by Paco Grande

23 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

Hello, sorry for some possibly noob questions. 

Do we think Bandai will reissue the 19 to go with the 21? Or should I just try to get one on AmiAmi, Mandarake etc.? I don’t mind waiting for the reissue.

Also, what are the odds that Bandai would ever make the 19 or 21 in 1/48 like their VF-1? Slim to none?

Thanks!

Chances of a Bandai YF-19 reissue any time soon (within the next few years) are incredibly slim.  If you want one, I'd start shopping around now.  They aren't that far above their original MSRP anyhow, so a theoretical reissue (which probably won't happen) wouldn't save you much.  Arcadia might try to make a "premium finish" version of their yf-19, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that, either.  And that would be quite expensive.

A 1/48 yf-19 or yf-21 is basically never going to happen, at least not from a company like Bandai.  That scale kind of works for the VF-1 because of its relatively small size, but a 1/48 yf-19 would be quite large, and would likely be a $400+ product.

Edited by HardlyNever

33 minutes ago, HardlyNever said:

Chances of a Bandai YF-19 reissue any time soon (within the next few years) are incredibly slim.  If you want one, I'd start shopping around now.  They aren't that far above their original MSRP anyhow, so a theoretical reissue (which probably won't happen) wouldn't save you much.  Arcadia might try to make a "premium finish" version of their yf-19, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that, either.  And that would be quite expensive.

A 1/48 yf-19 or yf-21 is basically never going to happen, at least not from a company like Bandai.  That scale kind of works for the VF-1 because of its relatively small size, but a 1/48 yf-19 would be quite large, and would likely be a $400+ product.

Thanks for the info. I’m a casual Macross fan and I didn’t realize the 19 and 21 were that much larger than the VF-1. I only own one DX VF-1S in 1/48 right now so I was hoping to get a 19 and 21 to match the scale. 
I normally collect Masterpiece Transformers so I’m still trying to wrap my head around Bandai’s ridiculous production run policies. Takara will often reissue an older MP when a related new MP comes out which makes sense. 
I still can’t believe how much I had to pay just to get the fast packs and missile accessories for my DX VF-1. 
Cheers!

17 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

Thanks for the info. I’m a casual Macross fan and I didn’t realize the 19 and 21 were that much larger than the VF-1. I only own one DX VF-1S in 1/48 right now so I was hoping to get a 19 and 21 to match the scale. 
I normally collect Masterpiece Transformers so I’m still trying to wrap my head around Bandai’s ridiculous production run policies. Takara will often reissue an older MP when a related new MP comes out which makes sense. 
I still can’t believe how much I had to pay just to get the fast packs and missile accessories for my DX VF-1. 
Cheers!

Yeah the DX fast packs and missile set makes it too expensive for me. I'm satisfied with displaying the Arcadia VF-1 toys with those things while displaying the DX toys bare.

Edited by Foblander

29 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

Cheers!

There is a 1/48 scale YF-19 kit made by Hasegawa you can find. But it's a model kit, not a finished figure. It doesn't transform either.

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

There is a 1/48 scale YF-19 kit made by Hasegawa you can find. But it's a model kit, not a finished figure. It doesn't transform either.

Thanks for letting me know but I mostly collect for the engineering so a non-transforming figure would not work for me. 
I’ll most likely try to find a DX YF-19. NY has them brand new but of course marked up quite a bit. 

38 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

Thanks for letting me know but I mostly collect for the engineering so a non-transforming figure would not work for me. 
I’ll most likely try to find a DX YF-19. NY has them brand new but of course marked up quite a bit. 

Check on the For Sale forum, or put up a request in the wanted section.

Or buy from Mandarake. NY is not a great option for already released figures, they tend to overcharge significantly.

edit:

Mandarake link, available from ¥24,000 to ¥28,000 for various conditions.

If you prefer something more anime accurate, there's also the Arcadia version here, available between ¥27,000 to ¥28,000.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

On 2/26/2020 at 2:26 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

Check on the For Sale forum, or put up a request in the wanted section.

Or buy from Mandarake. NY is not a great option for already released figures, they tend to overcharge significantly.

edit:

Mandarake link, available from ¥24,000 to ¥28,000 for various conditions.

If you prefer something more anime accurate, there's also the Arcadia version here, available between ¥27,000 to ¥28,000.

Thank you very much for the help! What’s the best way to find out the original MSRP?

42 minutes ago, Paco Grande said:

Awesome, thank you. I’ll bookmark that site. The only downside is that now I can see how much the stores are marking up the prices. Sometimes ignorance is bliss. 

stores only apply their business mark up. They dont really mark it up cause they want to. After the release though, it is up to the market to decide on the price of the toy. most of it appreciate but depreciation also happens.

• 3 weeks later...

This one is 24k yen, however it has damage to the right side upper tail flap (open, used, package damaged)

See pic for details.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1128540295&ref=doc&keyword=yf-19&lang=en

* I believe that this one has been up for a long time now.

Edit: There is another one for 26k yen at the Complex branch at a better condition. (opened, package damaged)

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1099058219&ref=doc&keyword=yf-19&lang=en

Edited by borgified

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Stampeed Valkyrie said:

While, I admit cell shading looks neat,   on the flip side I'd pass TBH.

Not really my thing,   but it is impresive.

I'm in complete agreement.  Not my thing at all though I totally get why it would be for some.  (And glad it's not because it saves me a ton of money haha.)