BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

On 4/6/2019 at 3:41 PM, no3Ljm said:

Mandarake has it from Y26000 to Y28000. Nippon-Yasan has it for Y31500. But those without shipping yet. So more or less you will play safe within the budget from $250 to $300.

Bit the bullet and ordered one off of Mandarake. After getting gouged on the DX VF-1A, I figured I may as well go for broke.

6 hours ago, Phangry said:

Bit the bullet and ordered one off of Mandarake. After getting gouged on the DX VF-1A, I figured I may as well go for broke.

I did the same. Mandarake offers very good service.

Just had a catastrophic failure on the one I bought for Christmas. The diecast folding joint that connects the torso to the waist at the back of the collapsing spine piece just completely split in half during transformation. I luckily can leave it in fighter mode, but yeah not happy. Gonna chalk it up to a fault in the metal as I've never seen this issue reported but be careful.

Guess I get to look for a new one to buy now. Yay.

2 minutes ago, yami4ct said:

Just had a catastrophic failure on the one I bought for Christmas. The diecast folding joint that connects the torso to the waist at the back of the collapsing spine piece just completely split in half during transformation. I luckily can leave it in fighter mode, but yeah not happy. Gonna chalk it up to a fault in the metal as I've never seen this issue reported but be careful.

Guess I get to look for a new one to buy now. Yay.

Can you post pictures?  I would like to see the extent of the damage.

Also, how much pressure did you put on the spine during transformation?

8 minutes ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Can you post pictures?  I would like to see the extent of the damage.

Also, how much pressure did you put on the spine during transformation?

Here's the failure as seen coming out of fighter mode. The failure itself happened coming from battroid to fighter. I put basically no pressure on that piece as I've transformed it several times and all the joints had loosened up nicely. I had already collapsed the spine and I was lining up stuff at the top of the torso when it just kind of fell apart.

IMG_1486[1].JPG

That looks pretty rough.  There is definitely a lot of pressure there during transformation, but that looks like a manufacturer defect to me.  Sucks this particular model suffers from so many QC issues, as it is a great piece if you are lucky enough to get one with minimal problems.

That might be fixable, at least to hold together better in fighter mode.  That thing's transformation days look like they are over, though.

17 hours ago, yami4ct said:

I wouldn't let this scare you that much. I honestly believe it was a fault in the metal and not a design fault as I've never seen this failure reported. Still thought it was best to let the community know just in case.

Thanks for sharing, hard luck mate. Sorry to see that happen.

I cringed looking at that break. It's a high-stress area but you'd imagine die-cast would be able to handle it unless there were imperfections during the casting process.

Maybe we need to have machined or forged parts now for our DX valks O_o

Edited by Duymon

On 4/13/2019 at 2:38 PM, Phangry said:

Mandarake actually canceled my order, as the YF-19 had already been sold. 

I'm actually slightly relieved, as that was kind of a lot of money to spend all at once, considering I payed the Nippon-Yasan markup for the DX VF-1A. Going to wait a little before re-ordering, I think...

Edited by Phangry

On 4/15/2019 at 9:24 PM, Phangry said:

Mandarake actually canceled my order, as the YF-19 had already been sold. 

I'm actually slightly relieved, as that was kind of a lot of money to spend all at once, considering I payed the Nippon-Yasan markup for the DX VF-1A. Going to wait a little before re-ordering, I think...

Mandrake cancelled mine as well. We will have to wait for the YF-19 YF-21 2 pack from Bandai!! Don't worry it will probably be less than $1000 US dollars!

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I just saw that and decided I could try the spare missile pylons. Although the antenna is looking great too. 

https://m.intl.taobao.com/detail/detail.html?id=581216915966

7AD148E1-8722-41CA-AE02-D9C0EACE27B9.jpeg

CDF21267-138C-480C-97ED-8583B9C3A7BC.jpeg

That is great for members who have broken antenna. Here's the updated link just in case the mobile link one above doesn't work.

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a21wu.241046-us.4691948847.7.41cab6cbkQVe6O&scm=1007.15423.84311.100200300000005&id=581216915966&pvid=16cda37b-2497-4954-a539-98add2d55c4e

Thanks for sharing @Xigfrid.  :good: ;)

6 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I just saw that and decided I could try the spare missile pylons. Although the antenna is looking great too. 

Awesome!  Now, is there some way I can buy one of these without learning Japanese?  I take it that you're making these Xigfrid?  If so, could I purchase one from you directly?

5 minutes ago, Pontus said:

Awesome!  Now, is there some way I can buy one of these without learning Japanese?  I take it that you're making these Xigfrid?  If so, could I purchase one from you directly?

I don't think this is made and sold by Xigfrid. I believe this is from some chinese company/seller who's selling this antenna and missile pylons.

7 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

CDF21267-138C-480C-97ED-8583B9C3A7BC.jpeg

Thanks Xigfrid!

The price of the replacement antenna at $17 USD seems a bit steep to me though, especially when we have to pay for overseas shipping as well.

43 minutes ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks Xigfrid!

The price of the replacement antenna at $17 USD seems a bit steep to me though, especially when we have to pay for overseas shipping as well.

It says about 100yen.  Isn't that only about $1USD?

3 hours ago, rdrunner said:

Thanks Xigfrid!

maybe it's for a set of 10?

1 hour ago, F360 said:

maybe it's for a set of 10?

It says 犄角 單价 which means single unit price for the horn is CNY 118, but I’m curious to find out. I’ll send them a message to ask maybe. 

The set of 10 is for the missile connectors and the price is 99 CNY for a set of ten. 

Edited by rdrunner

Yes, as stated these antennas are not mine. These look like recasted one with a water decal to copy exactly the original one. I think the price is great regarding the quality (at least what we see). However if this antenna is not good, you can still grab one of my 3D printed ones ;)

11 hours ago, onnasake said:

Anyone making replacements for the part I broke??

Likely not...I'm probably the only one that broke it...

sX2HhE9.jpg

Gee thanks for flipping my image for no reason, imgur.

I'm starting to work on models for the YF-19 missile pylons and some expanded options for mounting (Three reaction miisles per hardpoint anyone?) now but I threw that bracket in my bag of parts to model. Not my top priority but I'll see what I can do.

9 hours ago, Jaustin89 said:

I'm starting to work on models for the YF-19 missile pylons and some expanded options for mounting (Three reaction miisles per hardpoint anyone?) now but I threw that bracket in my bag of parts to model. Not my top priority but I'll see what I can do.

You sir, just became my best friend.

Not perfect but it should be close enough to work (The geometry of the support struts is a bit off, they have a rounder cross section rather than the elongated diamond of the stock part. Should just be a visual difference) and there are some supports I had to add that will have to be removed.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/V73KC7VQR/dx-chogokin-yf-19-fold-booster-cradle-replacement

Shapeways is saying there's a thin wall but from what I'm seeing it's just an error in their automatic analysis and shouldn't effect print ability. If you run into any issues with it let me know and I'll see if I can fix it.

I'll put the pylons and adapters up after I order some test prints to ensure they work.

9 hours ago, Jaustin89 said:

Not perfect but it should be close enough to work (The geometry of the support struts is a bit off, they have a rounder cross section rather than the elongated diamond of the stock part. Should just be a visual difference) and there are some supports I had to add that will have to be removed.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/V73KC7VQR/dx-chogokin-yf-19-fold-booster-cradle-replacement

Shapeways is saying there's a thin wall but from what I'm seeing it's just an error in their automatic analysis and shouldn't effect print ability. If you run into any issues with it let me know and I'll see if I can fix it.

I'll put the pylons and adapters up after I order some test prints to ensure they work.

wait.....did you just whip that up just for me, just now???

This is my first shapeway order....very very reasonable price!   Until I got to the shipping to Japan....$29.99!!  Ouch!!

Totally worth it though....I can't wait for my fold booster to finally be fixed and be able to connect properly.

Mr. Austin.....THANK YOU!!

Edited by onnasake