BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

ok.

Transformed my dx-yf19 earlier.

For a change, the manual on this DX YF-19 is actually in COLOR and also quite glossy paper this time.  Unlike most (if not all) of the Bandai-manuals I usually find in my SOCs/RD/SRC/HMR/DX-Frontier/DX-Delta/etc toys.

Anyway. transformation into Battroid wasn't really that hard nor complicated for someone who don't have the DX VF19Advanced nor the Arcadia YF-19.

The most challenging part was the damn uber-tight hip-bars that you need to push and rotate to get the intakes above the cod-piece. I thought I was gonna pull an onnasake on it and break it completely. Then I realized, I ain't gonna get Bandai'd with this thing..  Got my precision screwdriver nearby and loosen up the damn screws.

That helped. A LOT. 

My other gripes on it:

I don't quite like how the wings are pretty much free-floating. There doesn't seem to be a locking mechanism or a damn tab to secure it. Also, I keep depressing the inner shins and that was triggering my ocd.  The shield's kinda dorky, too.  I'm way too meh on the ordnance accessories. The FP are a bit too dark for me.

Other than that (and the canards being irritatingly non-anime-accurate when in fighter-mode), it's quite a nice YF-19 valk. 

I do wish Arcadia make a v3 of their 1/60 YF-19 to fix and clean up the shenanigans they did on their v2.

Finally, some pictars!

dx-yf19-nofp.thumb.jpg.7486e8ddec60494c8762944b2825ed80.jpg

dx-yf19fp-and-master-roshi.thumb.jpg.fdaccf0b30ac69de7c8aafab40b14cdb.jpg

:bump:

29 minutes ago, treatment said:

ok.

Transformed my dx-yf19 earlier.

For a change, the manual on this DX YF-19 is actually in COLOR and also quite glossy paper this time.  Unlike most (if not all) of the Bandai-manuals I usually find in my SOCs/RD/SRC/HMR/DX-Frontier/DX-Delta/etc toys.

Anyway. transformation into Battroid wasn't really that hard nor complicated for someone who don't have the DX VF19Advanced nor the Arcadia YF-19.

The most challenging part was the damn uber-tight hip-bars that you need to push and rotate to get the intakes above the cod-piece. I thought I was gonna pull an onnasake on it and break it completely. Then I realized, I ain't gonna get Bandai'd with this thing..  Got my precision screwdriver nearby and loosen up the damn screws.

That helped. A LOT. 

My other gripes on it:

I don't quite like how the wings are pretty much free-floating. There doesn't seem to be a locking mechanism or a damn tab to secure it. Also, I keep depressing the inner shins and that was triggering my ocd.  The shield's kinda dorky, too.  I'm way too meh on the ordnance accessories. The FP are a bit too dark for me.

Other than that (and the canards being irritatingly non-anime-accurate when in fighter-mode), it's quite a nice YF-19 valk. 

I do wish Arcadia make a v3 of their 1/60 YF-19 to fix and clean up the shenanigans they did on their v2.

Finally, some pictars!

*snip!*

:bump:

I too had a teeny bit of trouble with one of the inner shin parts which wouldn't pop out flush with the rest of the leg but I got it done eventually. Other than the super tight hips the transformation wasn't difficult at all. I rather enjoyed having a play with this one. Then again I don't really remember if I had any real difficulties with the ADV.. 

Also, I don't really mind the shallower canard angles on this compared to the Arcadia example. Looks good to me. 

38 minutes ago, treatment said:

I think that's about the best bet for me, personally.  Fix the overall color (and pink-ness of the white bits), "lock" the wings in fighter mode, and it'd be pretty great.  (Fixing the issues with Bandai's would take a major redesign of the wings/wingroots, and convincing them that graffiti--like levels of non-canon markings everywhere is a bad thing---AND they'd have to actually make more than 3 dozen to sell...)  

3 hours ago, jenius said:

Yeah, that's brutal the first time. I just pryed it up with my nails and took breaks when it hurt or was getting scary until it popped free.

Yeah I finally got it to release with the fishing line. Hopefully it becomes easier l next time >< Finally got it transformed to battroid mode. It is so beautiful. Lol Although the paintjob on the chest vents are sloppy..

1 hour ago, Foblander said:

Yeah I finally got it to release with the fishing line. Hopefully it becomes easier l next time >< Finally got it transformed to battroid mode. It is so beautiful. Lol Although the paintjob on the chest vents are sloppy..

Saw this on 2chan . Tilt a bit before pulling.

16AFC313-6C7E-4E70-AD9B-1B6D995FFF4F.thumb.jpeg.2140bb9db185b11ca6a3c335a079ce00.jpeg

9 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

Did Amazon JP do an NY? They cancelled some orders but I see in Stock to be fulfilled by Amazon. 

Fulfilled by Amazon just means the seller has it in Amazon's warehouse IIRC, it's different than "sold by Amazon".

Edited by Sanity is Optional

my amazon.jp package arrived today after the long wait of shipping soon.

In typical amazon fashion and packaging.

box twice the size , 5 sheet of packaging paper, 1 tape straight down the middle to seal the shipping box.  Lots of space inside for the Yf-19 box to left right up down. Not shrink wrap or bubbles  Shipping box a bit dented , Yf-19 box have very small dent on the corners.

So I kinda waited after dinner to open this thing .............

to my surprise, everything is in tact , nothing broken.   Woohooo  !  :yahoo:

5 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

I think that's about the best bet for me, personally.  Fix the overall color (and pink-ness of the white bits), "lock" the wings in fighter mode, and it'd be pretty great.  (Fixing the issues with Bandai's would take a major redesign of the wings/wingroots, and convincing them that graffiti--like levels of non-canon markings everywhere is a bad thing---AND they'd have to actually make more than 3 dozen to sell...)  

Arcadia has three specific Engineering fixes to make their V2 ideal.  Locking wings, corrected ankles and an additional click at the Gerwalk joint. 

25 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Arcadia has three specific Engineering fixes to make their V2 ideal.  Locking wings, corrected ankles and an additional click at the Gerwalk joint. 

Add 1 more: Revised Intakes, that aren't blunt... but I guess that's not really engineering. More aesthetics.  

Got my Bandai DX YF-19 a few days ago, but haven’t transformed it until today. I have not encountered any complainable QC issues, although I did need to loosen the screws on the hip joints as they were too tight.  Mine shipped from HLJ and it arrived quickly and unbroken.  It is very sturdy and looks fantastic in battroid mode, especially with all the extra hands. I still prefer my Arcadia YF-19 in fighter mode, though.

68E2096F-AD03-4BCA-BAD1-F173C9525B03.jpeg

Left work 15 mins early to get mine from the post office before they closed and got rear ended lol

Tis but a scratch but no DX19 for me to admire Friday evening : /

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

6 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Add 1 more: Revised Intakes, that aren't blunt... but I guess that's not really engineering. More aesthetics.  

Gah, how'd I forget that?  It caught my eye again in the last comparison pic I saw, just a couple posts ago.  Yeah, that bugs me even more than the wings at this point. 

Loosened the hip joints and it is so much better now. Main problem is the horrible fit of the left V. Stab. I have no idea how to fix that.  Biggest problem for me is getting the legs back into place for fighter mode. It is a super bitch for me.  I tried putting the fast packs on but I can’t get the little inserts on the legs to stay on when trying to get the legs back into place. The grey arm pieces are in the way.

Chris

26 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Loosened the hip joints and it is so much better now. Main problem is the horrible fit of the left V. Stab. I have no idea how to fix that.  Biggest problem for me is getting the legs back into place for fighter mode. It is a super bitch for me.  I tried putting the fast packs on but I can’t get the little inserts on the legs to stay on when trying to get the legs back into place. The grey arm pieces are in the way.

Chris

Make sure you're putting in the right pieces, they are left and right specific and messing that up significantly ups the difficulty... Even so, it's a tough spot, you can get the legs in position then lift the shoulders, put in the parts, and put the shoulders back down.

Edited by jenius

The Bandai DX YF-19 is my first Macross product by Bandai and I am impressed. I am glad I decided to try one of Bandai's Valks instead of only purchasing Yamato/Arcadia Valks. How would you guys compare the YF-19 to something like the VF-31 toys by Bandai? I feel a Bandai addiction coming on. Lol Now I regret not preordering Bandai's 1/48 VF-1J..

The Bandai DX YF-19 is my first Macross product by Bandai and I am impressed. I am glad I decided to try one of Bandai's Valks instead of only purchasing Yamato/Arcadia Valks. How would you guys compare the YF-19 to something like the VF-31 toys by Bandai? I feel a Bandai addiction coming on. Lol Now I regret not preordering Bandai's 1/48 VF-1J..

The 31 is far superior to the 19.

Edited by Mommar

It rather depends.

Build-wise: the VF-31 class is very solid and have less issues out of the box (broken antennae) than the YF-19.

Accessories-wise: the YF-19 has the FPs and quite a lot of ordnance already included.  The VF-31, the FP and reaction-missiles accessories are a scalper-friendly expensive extra.

Aesthetics/Designs: 

fighter-mode: The VF-31 is very slick, pretty and quite anime-accurate in fighter-mode.  The YF-19 in fighter-mode is just at least line-art compliant, but not quite anime-accurate.

gerwalk-mode:  I'll give this mode to the VF-31 as the YF-19 is always ugly in this mode due to Kawamori's design.

battroid-mode:  Definitely YF-19.  Way both pretty and menacing and no unsightly overhanging kibble. Much more intimidating "macho" presence on the shelf and elsewhere.  In contrast, the VF-31 looks exactly like damn damselfly robot. Quite an insectoid. Thin biceps and unsightly overhanging wings back-kibble.

Emotional/Nostalgic factor:  You'll prolly like appreciate the VF-31 alot more if you'd seen Macross Delta anime. 

The YF-19 is one of  the legendary and iconic valkyrie of the Macross franchise, and most of us had watched and thoroughly enjoyed the anime it came from.

(Macross universe) Engineering wise the vf-30/31 is superior to the 19 and the 30/31 are awesome. Bandai did a great job with producing the DXs for 30/31 and the 19. But I think Bandai went over the top with engineering for the 19 because they did an excellent job with compensating for the anime-magic involved with its chest, legs and arms for fighter mode (the collapseable panels; I think they might've taken influence from Studio Halfeye), where as the 30/31 were mostly pulled straight from existing CG'd models.

Design-wise I like the 19 because it really didn't leave much room for kibble (aside from the hip wings in battroid), where as the 30/31 have the backpack kibble, wing flappies, pod dildos. Plus I got a soft spot for the 19's because Macross Plus was what got me back into Macross. Before the internets I thought Macross was over after Macross II... XD