BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

Better separation, better target acquisition for the seeker head, allows a bit more movement for the VG wings... many possible reasons. Remember that those wings are also made from super strong Overtechnology unobtainium, so having those missiles where they are might not be such a problem. 

5 hours ago, tekering said:

Ah, but that's not a misprint or a gaffe, it's merely a stylistic choice.  To us, "shin" and "sin" are two different sounds, but there's no difference in Japanese.  You could spell it "sheen," or "sin," or "seen," or "shin," and it would sound exactly the same.  

Students are still taught the standardized Nihon-shiki system in public school, which uses "sya, si, syu, syo," rather than "sha, shi, shu, sho."

It's like saying "color" is spelled wrong because it's missing the "u"...  "Colour" is also acceptable, of course, but it's much less commonly used.

Ha, you’re apparently right. In Nihon-Shiki romanization it is “si” and in Hepburn, which is more modern, it is shi. That’s a shame it was so widely used for so long as it doesn’t properly correlate to English use outside of Japan. It doesn’t surprise me though. It used to be a huge sore spot for me teaching English to Japanese that I didn’t understand the nature of their previous English education. I just always assumed they learned romaji the way my Japanese studies taught translated into Japanese.

9 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

If you look at the Metal Build Eva unit 1, which is distinct both from the original Evangelion version as well as the rebuild version, Bandai essentially worked with the original designer to make an alternate that specifically was something new and different.

They may have done something similar here to differentiate themselves from the Yamato and Arcadia versions. (Probably moreso the Arcadia version)

Yeah, I was just wondering how kawamori-san and team fit into bandai projects for macross, and if they still have say or approvals on final designs...differentiation definately helps, else why not stick to what was released earlier if it's too similar...

On 9/18/2018 at 8:56 AM, seti88 said:

Who here got it?

Guilty. I have been watching AmiAmi daily hoping another shows up. My first preorder is elsewhere. Wanted a second one so I can display one in fighter mode and one in battroid mode. Not really a fan of Gerwalk on the YF-19.

If anyone here is interested I will probably sell the set of fighter ordinance from the second one. Not sure what a fair price would be.

1 hour ago, Corrinald said:

Guilty. I have been watching AmiAmi daily hoping another shows up. My first preorder is elsewhere. Wanted a second one so I can display one in fighter mode and one in battroid mode. Not really a fan of Gerwalk on the YF-19.

If anyone here is interested I will probably sell the set of fighter ordinance from the second one. Not sure what a fair price would be.

I’ll buy ‘em! PM’d. 

2 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

This is going to sting some, I've got 3 pre-orders at different places. (Ami-Ami, CDJ, HLJ)

Same here plus one at NY. 

My wife is going to kill me :help:

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

Just now, spacemanoeuvres said:

Same here plus one at NY. 

My wife is going to kill me :help:

I decided to call it good with just 3 (plus the Yamato&Arcadia YF-19s, and the Bandai VF-19Adv I already have).

Now the question is which I want to pose with the YF-21, and if I want to swap on one of the light-up fold boosters I have.

None of mine are paid ahead, so in about 2days I'm getting dinged for all 3 at once.

I debated buy a yamato or even an arcadia, but in the end I finally caved.  THIS is the toy I've been waiting 20 years for.  This is the only one I want.  I ordered one.  It was expensive, but I paid in cash from amazon japan.  Cause we only live once right?  We have to enjoy these chances while we can.

This morning, my order now says "preparing for shipment."

I am downright giddy, gentlemen.   I can't believe it's finally happening after all these years and all this waiting.

3 hours ago, onnasake said:

I debated buy a yamato or even an arcadia, but in the end I finally caved.  THIS is the toy I've been waiting 20 years for.  This is the only one I want.  I ordered one.  It was expensive, but I paid in cash from amazon japan.  Cause we only live once right?  We have to enjoy these chances while we can.

This morning, my order now says "preparing for shipment."

I am downright giddy, gentlemen.   I can't believe it's finally happening after all these years and all this waiting.

How is it preparing for shipment? I thought it wasn’t released until the 22nd at the earliest?

Ok, that box is gorgeous.

A part of me does wish they could be collapsed down more easily like the Yamato/Arcadia ones, but I'm not sure which packing material is actually better.  The fact that Bandai always wraps their valks makes me think the styrofoam can be reactive with the paint or plastic.

Edited by Chronocidal