BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

17 minutes ago, Saburo said:

In anticipation for the release of the Bandai YF-19, here a shot of the most recent releases for Isamu's Valkyrie. :D

30626038938_2763007c1f_h.jpg

Great pics Saburo! Is it just my eyes or is the Arcadia 19 slightly bigger than the DX 19? The wings and arm shield seem a bit wider. 

53 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

Great pics Saburo! Is it just my eyes or is the Arcadia 19 slightly bigger than the DX 19? The wings and arm shield seem a bit wider. 

Thanks @505thAirborne! Nope its not your eyes, the Arcadia 19 is bulkier its closer to what the YF-19 looks like in the line art from Macross Plus.  The VF-19 Advance is slimmer, in my mind since it was a newer advanced model of the 19 it got some modifications to its design. Now that Bandai is releasing an official YF-19 based off the 19ADV it doesn't have the brawler looks of the Arcadia, I like both of them they are both amazing.

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Aside from @Saburo's reply, I'm adding this photo from @jenius' Anymoon site to see the difference regarding the wings and the arm shield:

Arcadia-YF-19-4.jpg

By the way, love the photo, @Saburo! :good: 

13 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Call me crazy, I still like the Arcadia 19 the best.  It's very good.  If it weren't for the stupid ankles and wings not being more secure because of the stupid High Speed mode no one wanted, it would be great toy.

Can't blame you there, I love the proportions of the Arcadia in all modes, and it really does look like the anime.  The Bandai version looks more like what you'd get if you adapted a Hasegawa fighter mode kit into a transforming toy: a lot slimmer and sleeker in fighter mode, but battroid mode just doesn't have the same presence. 

If I could mash YF-19 versions together, I think I'd want Arcadia's overall design with Bandai's intakes, hips, shoulder joints, color, ankles, and some of the tampo... along with the original Yamato's wing joints. :p

Edit:  Oh, and while we're mashing things up, take the markings from the Hasegawa kit.  They're the only ones to date with the right sizing and position for the black colored panel on the spine. <_< 

Edited by Chronocidal

9 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Can't blame you there, I love the proportions of the Arcadia in all modes, and it really does look like the anime.  The Bandai version looks more like what you'd get if you adapted a Hasegawa fighter mode kit into a transforming toy: a lot slimmer and sleeker in fighter mode, but battroid mode just doesn't have the same presence. 

If I could mash YF-19 versions together, I think I'd want Arcadia's overall design with Bandai's intakes, hips, shoulder joints, color, ankles, and some of the tampo... along with the original Yamato's wing joints. :p

Edit:  Oh, and while we're mashing things up, take the markings from the Hasegawa kit.  They're the only ones to date with the right sizing and position for the black colored panel on the spine. <_< 

Is it still too late for me to get my three-toys-in-one-box version with all three having the best proportions for their individual mode?

11 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Hey, isn't your neighbor's Evangelion figures that we can see ?  I really need to know what kind of job is yours :)

Anime industry. ;)

I also prefer the Arcadia YF-19's Fighter over the DX. It's less gappy and smooth on the underside (the head area is better on the DX). Pity I snapped the diecast bar on 1 of the wings on my Arcadia. Need to fix it one day.

The DX has a better Battroid for sure.

5 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Call me crazy, I still like the Arcadia 19 the best.  It's very good.  If it weren't for the stupid ankles and wings not being more secure because of the stupid High Speed mode no one wanted, it would be great toy.

Between my Arcadia, Yamato, and Bandai versions, I think the Arcadia has the best look.

That said, YF-19 is my favorite valk, so I've got 3 DX YF-19s on order, on top of my current collection.

7 hours ago, Saburo said:

Thanks @505thAirborne! Nope its not your eyes, the Arcadia 19 is bulkier its closer to what the YF-19 looks like in the line art from Macross Plus.  The VF-19 Advance is slimmer, in my mind since it was a newer advanced model of the 19 it got some modifications to its design. Now that Bandai is releasing an official YF-19 based off the 19ADV it doesn't have the brawler looks of the Arcadia, I like both of them they are both amazing.

Good to know my eyes still work! :D While I have the DX YF-19 on PO, someday down the road when I have more $$$ to burn, I might get an Arcadia 19 as well. 

@no3Ljm Thanks for posting that comparison pic via jenius showing the differences, I'm liking the Arcadia. 

1 hour ago, 505thAirborne said:

Good to know my eyes still work! :D While I have the DX YF-19 on PO, someday down the road when I have more $$$ to burn, I might get an Arcadia 19 as well. 

@no3Ljm Thanks for posting that comparison pic via jenius showing the differences, I'm liking the Arcadia. 

You're welcome sir! And yes, Arcadia's YF-19 does look best. It's so clean and tampo-free. ;)

5 hours ago, eggy99 said:

Anime industry. ;)

I also prefer the Arcadia YF-19's Fighter over the DX. It's less gappy and smooth on the underside (the head area is better on the DX). Pity I snapped the diecast bar on 1 of the wings on my Arcadia. Need to fix it one day.

The DX has a better Battroid for sure.

You just reminded me about the replacement brackets I made on Sculpteo, but it looks like the metal ones aren't available for some reason.  I might have to see about fixing that, or see if they have another material that'll work.

2 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

You just reminded me about the replacement brackets I made on Sculpteo, but it looks like the metal ones aren't available for some reason.  I might have to see about fixing that, or see if they have another material that'll work.

I was thinking about ordering a pair to repair the wing and change the other one. Let me know what happens.

20 hours ago, derex3592 said:

I agree. Something about the back half of fighter and the skimpy wings the Bandai version is not as appealing. I think they’re both good though and am glad to be getting new 19’s. 

I'll check on that, and see if I can't get the plastic versions available, if I can't get the metal ones going.

Worst case, I can always upload the pattern, and you could cut the parts out of plastic sheet.  It's not an easy pattern to cut, but my first couple of copies were handmade, and held up better than I expected.  The plastic loops are just hard to shape, and seem like they'd be fairly fragile.  I could even just mail you one of my spare sets, honestly, but I would like to get them available again.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled drool-fest. ^_^ 

5 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I'll check on that, and see if I can't get the plastic versions available, if I can't get the metal ones going.

Worst case, I can always upload the pattern, and you could cut the parts out of plastic sheet.  It's not an easy pattern to cut, but my first couple of copies were handmade, and held up better than I expected.  The plastic loops are just hard to shape, and seem like they'd be fairly fragile.  I could even just mail you one of my spare sets, honestly, but I would like to get them available again.

Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled drool-fest. ^_^ 

Have you considered putting them on Shapeways?

4 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Have you considered putting them on Shapeways?

I did, but I'm honestly not sure their manufacturing processes would produce something usable.  The part I designed is a solid bracket that replaces the metal swing bar in the Arcadia wing, and I had it laser cut out of 2 mm stainless steel sheet.  It has to be manufactured to the precision necessary to fit and rotate smoothly around the same pegs that the original swing bar used, and have enough strength to support the wing.

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey guys. Anyone found a way on how to tighten the wing swivel joint on the thigh in Battroid mode?

Which direction do you want to tighten the joint in?  I remember one peg being exposed on the back edge of the intake/underside of the thigh, but that only shifts the wings in a flapping motion.  I'd assume you want to tighten the other direction, that lets the wing gloves swing back to front in battroid, and I don't remember seeing any exposed parts to that pivot.

Their metal 3D printing ought to have enough strength, but the surface finish isn't going to be great. Maybe a 2-part assembly with a plastic insert to go inside the bar and around the peg? That way it can be a bit flexible, and can be sanded off if needed.

7 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Which direction do you want to tighten the joint in?  I remember one peg being exposed on the back edge of the intake/underside of the thigh, but that only shifts the wings in a flapping motion.  I'd assume you want to tighten the other direction, that lets the wing gloves swing back to front in battroid, and I don't remember seeing any exposed parts to that pivot.

It's the one that rotates. I marked it with green arrow. I know there's a screw under it as seen in this photo near the pivot joint. But I haven't gotten into trying on opening it. So I'm just asking if anyone attempted on opening theirs so I can get a feedback on how to open it and tighten it.

fr07.jpg.dfad9fa227cfedb5becf0ccdc89310a3.jpg

6 hours ago, Saburo said:

I am really looking forward to see the added articulation the YF-19 release, the VF-19 Advance has really good articulation.

44556757821_4bcea2c185_h.jpg

I didn't realise they added greater articulation over the VF-19 Adv.

What was reported to be enhanced?

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Boy it would be great if they included a standing isamu figure, then this display could be recreated...

yf-19_isamu.jpg.825d9ffeef42849cfa15e4ce3b95a7ea.jpg

but i guess that's asking too much out of the 3 figures already provided....

It would be cool if Plastic Cretins makes one.

49 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Paid for my PO at NY.

Hope I don’t have to wait a year to get it :5:

I’ll wait until next weekend and pay NY on the 15th.