BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

58 minutes ago, Stealthvalkyrie said:

I managed to snag one (my only one). And just created this account to celebrate. Been lurking here too long. :)

Hi and congrats on securing a preorder on the much sought-after DX YF-19 :)

When I saw your username, the black and gold coloured VF-1 is the first thing that came to mind...

5 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

I wonder how many of the people here at MWF managed to snag one of the 20 VF-19's from the 2nd wave CDJapan pre-order.

I got one too.

Totally got sucked in on this one.  I was undecided when it was announced, got mildly annoyed when it hit and I wasn't able to be online to do anything about it, then got royally frustrated when the first wave of this "second preorder" sort of fizzled and even moreso when the "real" one seemed to do the same.  By the time the link was posted, I was determined to make the order and surprisingly it worked. 

Nice tactic, if that's what it was. 

What's funny is that I stayed up for the 2nd wave pre-order madness.... and I was not even planning on ordering one, since I already have 2 pre-orders in from the 1st wave. But, I figured I would stay up, and maintain a list of stores, prices, and links for this 2nd wave.

Sadly... when the ONLY store to even offer a 2nd wave was CDJapan, and it lasting under 5 minutes before them selling out, I was all disappointed. LOL. And I had my cup of coffee all ready and everything!

1 hour ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

What's funny is that I stayed up for the 2nd wave pre-order madness.... and I was not even planning on ordering one, since I already have 2 pre-orders in from the 1st wave. But, I figured I would stay up, and maintain a list of stores, prices, and links for this 2nd wave.

Sadly... when the ONLY store to even offer a 2nd wave was CDJapan, and it lasting under 5 minutes before them selling out, I was all disappointed. LOL. And I had my cup of coffee all ready and everything!

Guess the first PO wasn't quite exciting enough LOL!

Edited by rdrunner

2 hours ago, mickyg said:

I got one too.

Totally got sucked in on this one.  I was undecided when it was announced, got mildly annoyed when it hit and I wasn't able to be online to do anything about it, then got royally frustrated when the first wave of this "second preorder" sort of fizzled and even moreso when the "real" one seemed to do the same.  By the time the link was posted, I was determined to make the order and surprisingly it worked. 

Nice tactic, if that's what it was. 

Nice one sir congrats on securing a YF-19.  I have a feeling that this may yet turn out to be another very sought-after item upon release like the 31A, because of the extensive weapon set included, many of us appear to have ordered at least a duplicate if we could get it on the PO night.

Luck is just not on my side...I went into the site the moment the count down is over and its still out of stock no matter how many time i refresh...gave up 10 mins after...I already missed out on the VF-19 Advance...:(

Edited by Dashgtr
Spelling

So after the initial counter that was BS and bunch of angry annoyed customers who left they reopen again now the people who waited that left already missed out argh so lame. They could have put a page saying the counter was wrong and the items are delayed. Nope.....

Arcadia > Bandai in every aspect of preordering.

yeah. it could have been done much better, but they did started the another counter with a 2 hour countdown after nothing happen at the end of the first countdown.  it was also post in this thread.  :huh:

The 2nd one was good, and items were post up for preorder. just that they didn't link up to the items from the counter page this time. 

members with the old links came to the rescue by posting them , so its just a click away and then rush to finish checkout.

yeah..... it did not go smooth but at least 20 more people were able to get a preorder in that wasn't able to before.

Didn't realize this comes with the fold booster and little figures and all the armor and weapons and EVERYTHING.

It really does seem like the ultimate, be all and end all release.  I personally think the tampos are great too.

But.....it's THREE HUNDRED dollars.   It's 300 bucks.  For a little plastic toy plane.

I just can't afford that.  I'd love it.  It would be a toy I've dreamed of for about 20 years now.    But 300 dollars??  I don't have that kind of disposable income.  Damn it.

38 minutes ago, onnasake said:

Didn't realize this comes with the fold booster and little figures and all the armor and weapons and EVERYTHING.

It really does seem like the ultimate, be all and end all release.  I personally think the tampos are great too.

But.....it's THREE HUNDRED dollars.   It's 300 bucks.  For a little plastic toy plane.

I just can't afford that.  I'd love it.  It would be a toy I've dreamed of for about 20 years now.    But 300 dollars??  I don't have that kind of disposable income.  Damn it.

No offense but in your interest, run away now or this hobby will break you! :D

Or, stick around and check out all the cool pics people post. 

44 minutes ago, onnasake said:

Closer to $270-$280, shipping included, but yeah. Still cheaper than a VF-31+supers?

1 hour ago, onnasake said:

I hear you and I hope you will find one at a reasonable price for you soon. 

The prices of Valkyrie “toys” in recent years have really gone through the roof. I still have the email from HLJ in 2008 when I ordered the 1/48 Yamato VF-1S for 14,800 yen, and I already thought I was spending a ton of money on a toy.

Unfortunately I think these prices will likely go up for future releases, and not only that, but we will continue to see ridiculous 5 minute pre order windows for the more popular releases. I keep beating myself up for not snagging more of the Yamato 1/60 VF-1 variations when they flooded the market about 10 years ago. So if the latest YF-21 is your dream valk, I hope you will find a way to get that at a reasonable price now instead of having to hunt one down years later at even more inflated prices. Good luck. 

Edited by rdrunner

13 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

The promo pics suggest they've changed the heel parts as well, for the worse.

It certainly looks like they remodeled them, but the reason they're a problem is because the heels on the VF-19 Advance were actually too thin to be used on the YF-19, and it's simpler to just replace the feet than redesign the entire foot to work correctly.  The toe and heel are just both out of proportion.

I tested it with my Advance, and you can actually realign the foot somewhat by pushing it down so that the exhaust duct is more centered in the leg.  It means the foot isn't pushed all the way inside, but doing that leaves a gap above the heel that might result in a streamlined and centered foot on the YF-19.

If all else fails, the plastic heel covers on the Advance are very easy to remove, and unless they drastically redesigned the entire heel block, it should be simple to either modify or replace the heel covers.

Missed out on the pre-orders, however, I have the opportunity to snag a vf-19 advance for about $250. Given that the yf-19 seems to be essentially the same model with a few superficial tweaks, should I wait for the release or just get the vf-19 advance?

The DX YF-19 comes with ordinance, fold booster, arm canon, updated canopy, M+ tampo and figs.

250 is a good deal for a VF-19 Advance either way. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
wrods

1 hour ago, zzj said:

Missed out on the pre-orders, however, I have the opportunity to snag a vf-19 advance for about $250. Given that the yf-19 seems to be essentially the same model with a few superficial tweaks, should I wait for the release or just get the vf-19 advance?

The other point, do you prefer to display your 19 with the sms or kite insignia?

Edited by seti88

1 hour ago, zzj said:

I've been working through the same thought process. For me it finally came down to the fact that I like the Frontier style boosters on the Advance. I'd never display the YF-19 it with the fold booster or missiles attached so that would just be more stuff to clutter the shelves. I do prefer the split canopy of the YF-19, but I'll rarely have it open. The markings can go either way. The UN SPACY and kite deco are classic but I also like the SMS markings since I really enjoyed Frontier.

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

The DX YF-19 comes with ordinance, fold booster, arm canon, updated canopy, M+ tampo and figs.

250 is a good deal for a VF-19 Advance either way. 

That’s true, 250 is a good price but it’s still a big chunk of change... sigh.

19 minutes ago, seti88 said:

The other point, do you prefer to display your 19 with the sms or kite insignia?

So it comes down to that huh?... would it be blasphemy to say I don’t really care?

17 minutes ago, Matt Random said:

I've been working through the same thought process. For me it finally came down to the fact that I like the Frontier style boosters on the Advance. I'd never display the YF-19 it with the fold booster or missiles attached so that would just be more stuff to clutter the shelves. I do prefer the split canopy of the YF-19, but I'll rarely have it open. The markings can go either way. The UN SPACY and kite deco are classic but I also like the SMS markings since I really enjoyed Frontier.

Same sentiments here, I’m not really into the peripherals. 

1 hour ago, zzj said:

So it comes down to that huh?... would it be blasphemy to say I don’t really care?

You monster how dare you! Nah it's fine, if it bothers you later you can always melt the tampo off and put whichever faction sticker you want. Go crazy and put a Zentradi sigil on there for fun.

Anyone else get charged immediately for the pre-order by CDJ? I thought by using a credit card, I'd only be charged when it's in stock but I see it went on the card right away. Not a huge issue but obviously unexpected. 

2 minutes ago, mickyg said:

Anyone else get charged immediately for the pre-order by CDJ? I thought by using a credit card, I'd only be charged when it's in stock but I see it went on the card right away. Not a huge issue but obviously unexpected. 

Maybe it's part of the Credit Authorization(?). From CDJ's Help page: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/guide/help/payment/credit_card

Credit Authorization
Credit authorization is a procedure in which the card issuer grants the store an authorization to process the payment. Once the issuer of your card authorizes a transaction, they will block and reserve the amount corresponding to your purchase until the payment is finalized upon shipment of your order to ensure that you are not overdrawn. This amount may appear immediately in your card account, but once again, the amount is not transferred to us until the payment is finalized upon the shipment of your order.

3 hours ago, mickyg said:

It will show up as a pending charge, but you will not get bill for it until it’s shipped.

Thanks for the updates all. On second look at my statement, it's not a regular charge after all. Looks like it'll sit there, blocked out, but not cost me any interest until it's done and shipped. Makes sense.