BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

2018年4月27日(金) 一般販売店様での予約解禁予定
(予約取扱の有無は販売店様により異なります)

translated into:

Friday, April 27, 2018 (Friday) Scheduled to be reserved at general dealers
(Availability of reservation handling depends on dealer)

3 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

2018年4月27日(金) 一般販売店様での予約解禁予定
(予約取扱の有無は販売店様により異なります)

translated into:

Friday, April 27, 2018 (Friday) Scheduled to be reserved at general dealers
(Availability of reservation handling depends on dealer)

Hmmm may be a late night, early morning. I hope they stick to the regular time if only for consistency. 

So, it does come with all the missiles?

I'd like this, but I already have a VF-19 Advance and an Arcadia YF-19.  The arm cannon alone isn't enough of a "new hat" to make me feel like I must have it.

But the missiles would be compatible with my VF-31s, right?  That multi-purpose might be enough to make me pre-order.  Still, not sure, though.

If I do, I'll probably have to crash as soon as I get off work, get a few hours sleep, then wake in the middle of the night.  Not sure if I want to do that, because while the Advance mold is cool, the Arcadia version is more handleable and fun to play with.

Kinda surprised that they didn't remold the panel under the uni-boob to give it a nice upward curve instead of the bulge- that was really about the only glaring flaw I saw with the Advance mold (painted gear would be nice too, esp given all the care to other areas). The heels never bothered me, quite honestly.

Alas, money saved. Good luck to folks who'll dare the midnight madness to score a copy. It's a nice addition to the collection.

Hope this is portentous of an upcoming YF-21. I'm curious to see what kind of origami solutions they can come up with to try and make everything more proportionate in battroid while maintaining a svelte fighter. It's a tall order, as moreso than the 19, the YF-21's b-mode enjoyed more than its fair share of anime magic. If such a project is under way, I wish every success to the designers, as this is a long awaited toy.

tHe PaInt iS wROng!? Seriously, just mod it yourself. It's a simple enough mod to do on your own. Ever heard of model kits? You get tampo lining and just enough accesories to keep everyone happy, and now your complaining on this minor detail? I'm glad enough I'm going to have enough money for this frakking thing.

5 hours ago, enphily said:

item_0000012553_uGBjdPGe_04.jpg

"Improves the profile of fighter."  Ok, Bandai.. Ok.. that's nice.. now put down the crackpipe, and go watch the anime again.  :angry: 

Will admit, they look better in battroid, but the real problem is that they made the entire foot off center.  Both the toe and heel are too thick now, and the whole foot needs to be dropped down until the heel is level with the top of the leg.

Not going to stop me from buying (assuming I can even get any), but I'm going to be looking to replace those heels.  They're freaking nasty, and Bandai's designers have no excuse for that.  They just unilaterally decided "This looks better"... despite being both obviously contrary to everything in the source material, and ducking fugly. :rolleyes: 

tHe PaInt iS wROng!? Seriously, just mod it yourself. It's a simple enough mod to do on your own. Ever heard of model kits? You get tampo lining and just enough accesories to keep everyone happy, and now your complaining on this minor detail? I'm glad enough I'm going to have enough money for this frakking thing.

Doing that without screwing up all of the other paint and details is a chore honestly.  It's really more that Bandai is being freaking lazy though, because they could absolutely do it right if they put out the effort.. but they're not.

I've long since given up trying to make any sense of Bandai's marketing or design decisions.  They put tons of effort into modifications that are detrimental to a product, and skip the easy changes.  :rolleyes: 

Edited by Chronocidal

so i haven't been super following this.  is this essentially a "retool" of the vf-19 advance with a few slight changes, a redeco, or an "all new" vf-19.  i'm glad i already have the arcadia a couple times over but there is something appealing about the more toyetic feel of DX chogokins in hand (although i generally prefer arcadia's treatment for looks and everything else other than feel and price!).   FWIW i sold my advance without even opening it....a purchase here might mean i regret doing that. haha

Edited by Mechapilot77

14 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

so i haven't been super following this.  is this essentially a "retool" of the vf-19 advance with a few slight changes, a redeco, or an "all new" vf-19.  i'm glad i already have the arcadia a couple times over but there is something appealing about the more toyetic feel of DX chogokins in hand (although i generally prefer arcadia's treatment for looks and everything else other than feel and price!).   FWIW i sold my advance without even opening it....a purchase here might mean i regret doing that. haha

Slight changes... if that.

26 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

"Improves the profile of fighter."  Ok, Bandai.. Ok.. that's nice.. now put down the crackpipe, and go watch the anime again.  :angry:

Know what would also improve the profile of the fighter?  Fixing that bent dick.

1 hour ago, anime52k8 said:

So what is the exact date and time for this preorder? please and thank you.

I knew this would come in handy:

On 4/23/2018 at 5:50 PM, kajnrig said:

If preorder time remains consistent with previous ones...

Apr 27, Fri
4:00pm JST

3:00am EST (Eastern)
2:00am CST (Central)
1:00am MST (Mountain)
12:00am PST (Pacific)

59 minutes ago, Mechapilot77 said:

Yeah. The pictured prototype modifies a few things and changes the Tampo printing so that no one confuses this version for the VF-19Adv. I'm hoping that Bandai will correct the striping for the actual retail release, but even if they don't it won't be a deal breaker for me. 

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

::snip Simpson's Malibu Stacy video::

Well, yes.  But unlike Lisa, I'm not trying to dissuade others.  I'm just explaining my inner debate on whether I'll PO this or not.  Weighing it against other things I'd like to get.

But here's Malibu Shin again, since he's kinda relevant. 

27918409349_1cbd7935ae.jpg

1 hour ago, GabrielV said:

Well, yes.  But unlike Lisa, I'm not trying to dissuade others.  I'm just explaining my inner debate on whether I'll PO this or not.  Weighing it against other things I'd like to get.

Didn't say you were trying dissuade anyone. We're the mob who wants the new hat lol

8 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

2 minutes? You're awfully optimistic.

I have not pre-ordered Bandai DX valks before* - how do people secure their orders if it's only like a 20-second window?  Use scripts to fill in credit card and address information?

*actually the first one was Kairos from N-Y... but that probably doesn't count

Edited by rdrunner

ive never not gotten my preorders in before, but the most common problem you will see on preorder night are pages being slow to become "live" and once they do, being slow to respond either on add to cart or payment page due to the amount of nerds hitting it at once.