BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, as I don't seem to see it in the thread discussion, but do we know if this has the snazzy ratcheted joint upgrades?

Also, if you're trying to offload a 19 advance, please DM me :)

5 minutes ago, takatoys said:

Correct me if I'm wrong. For the first time we will have the same valkyrie type (YF-19) in 1/60 scale, made from two different companies. Am I right?

I almost can't say this counts, because it's still the VF-19 Advance mold.  It's kind of a shortcut that tweaks the Advance to look more like the original, but there are still some big differences in the design that Bandai isn't even trying to address.  I think the entire spinal structure is very different, and Bandai redesigned the entire section around the head and shield for some reason... which funny enough, is inaccurate even to the VF-19 Advance cameo in the movie.

Frankly speaking... putting SMS markings and the after-market boosters on an Arcadia YF-19 would be a more accurate VF-19 Advance than Bandai's design. :rolleyes: 

1 minute ago, ridgebacks said:

Is it me or the bottom fin paint is wrong compare to the show?

fin.png

The answer is yes. Same goes for the black and red chest stripes that are also reversed on the Bandai version. It seems like Bandai forgot that the colors are reversed on the VF-19Advanced. However this is something that could be easily fixed so maybe this will change till release of the YF-19. Wouldn't get my hopes up though.

They're doing quite a few changes apparently.

Cockpit, feet, adding mount-points for the fold booster and arm weapons, are there any I'm missing?

I wonder if they will add better hip joints since they're already doing a bit of re-molding work.

Edited by Sanity is Optional

Just now, Sanity is Optional said:

They're doing quite a few changes apparently though.

Cockpit, feet, adding mount-points for the fold booster and arm weapons, are there any I'm missing?

Not sure there's any change to add the fold booster, because I suspect the design was always meant to incorporate that option.  It would go a long way toward explaining why the area between the legs and shield was so gappy on the Advance.  Arm weapons I suspect will just clip on using existing features of the arms, but we'll have to wait and see.

Just now, Chronocidal said:

Not sure there's any change to add the fold booster, because I suspect the design was always meant to incorporate that option.  It would go a long way toward explaining why the area between the legs and shield was so gappy on the Advance.  Arm weapons I suspect will just clip on using existing features of the arms, but we'll have to wait and see.

I was thinking the same thing about the spaces around the arms and the arm guns. It looks like they may be able to stay clipped on in fighter mode with how large those gaps are.

17 minutes ago, ridgebacks said:

Is it me or the bottom fin paint is wrong compare to the show?

fin.png

I posted this from the previous page to see some differences with Arcadia and Bandai releases. Pic from Anymoon.com. ;) 

18 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Bandai-VF-19Adv-17.jpg

12 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

They're doing quite a few changes apparently.

I wonder if they will add better hip joints since they're already doing a bit of re-molding work.

I'm adding here the wing by the cockpit area. Bandai's VF-19Adv folds differently from Arcadia. And Arcadia is following lineart. Not sure if Bandai will change that for its YF-19. Original photo from Anymoon.

Arcadia-YF-19-19.jpg.c8e70c9be3290bd8f90a69e945a63ace.jpg

Edited by no3Ljm

3 hours ago, dur said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned before, as I don't seem to see it in the thread discussion, but do we know if this has the snazzy ratcheted joint upgrades?

Also, if you're trying to offload a 19 advance, please DM me :)

You wont know until someone gets a sample near release time.  Bandai dont promotes ratcheted joints all that much.

8 hours ago, Scyla said:

The answer is yes. Same goes for the black and red chest stripes that are also reversed on the Bandai version. It seems like Bandai forgot that the colors are reversed on the VF-19Advanced. However this is something that could be easily fixed so maybe this will change till release of the YF-19. Wouldn't get my hopes up though.

Not that it matters but there are scenes in M+ where animators colored the ventral fins, black on the outside and red on the inside.
Though official posters and such showed Red on the outside..chalk it up again to anime magic...

Edited by seti88

18 minutes ago, bleecher said:

It looks like the Metal Build Strike Gundam is set to go on preorder at 1800 JPT, or 2 AM Pacific Coast Time. What are the chances of the YF-19 going on sale at that time as well? Any ideas?

Dunno but the DX YF-19 info should be going up soon as it's the last one of that series to have it's info updated.

17 minutes ago, bleecher said:

It looks like the Metal Build Strike Gundam is set to go on preorder at 1800 JPT, or 2 AM Pacific Coast Time. What are the chances of the YF-19 going on sale at that time as well? Any ideas?

Its possible, since golden week is coming up for them and this is the friday right before it.

But i hope it stays at the normal 16:00 jst.

24 minutes ago, seti88 said:

LOL lets see who gets what i mean....

Yes, they seem to have forgotten to include the "h" on the "Shinsei Industry" tampo...  <_<

And yes, the resulting "Sinsei" is damned close to "Sensei."  :unsure:

<sigh>

Bandai is getting damned sloppy these days.  :angry:

Can we please get a confirmation that preorders will start at 1600 Japan time? Someone else said a Gundam something-or-other will go up at 1800 hours and that’s a world of difference for me on the East Coast. 

23 minutes ago, tekering said:

Yes, they seem to have forgotten to include the "h" on the "Shinsei Industry" tampo...  <_<

And yes, the resulting "Sinsei" is damned close to "Sensei."  :unsure:

<sigh>

Bandai is getting damned sloppy these days.  :angry:

:good::good:you got it! Luckily i wasn't drinking anything else i would have spit it out...Oh well what can you do....no biggie i suppose. after all we lived with SWS on the 30....

13 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Can we please get a confirmation that preorders will start at 1600 Japan time? Someone else said a Gundam something-or-other will go up at 1800 hours and that’s a world of difference for me on the East Coast. 

Kinda weird if they would suddenly change, no?  Especially since its the friday before golden week, i would think they would want to get things out of the way fast.

i would still stick with 1600 Tokyo time for DX releases, but am keeping my eyes peeled even before that nevertheless...