BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

5 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

That’s odd; one person here bought 3 x vf-31a from cdj. I wonder if they will still impose a limit. 

I think I would like to get 1 from CDJ and 1 from NY anyway. I don’t think I’ll get more than a couple like the rest of you ballers ;)

Yeah, the 31A and other releases are different.  TWE you can get away with extra purchases.  Regular releases you can’t.  I could only order one 31S from CDJ, I had to get my second at HLJ.

1 hour ago, Lonely Soldier Boy said:

Sorry I'm late to the party. When is preorder night for this again?

On 4/23/2018 at 5:50 PM, kajnrig said:

If preorder time remains consistent with previous ones...

Apr 27, Fri
4:00pm JST

3:00am EST (Eastern)
2:00am CST (Central)
1:00am MST (Mountain)
12:00am PST (Pacific)

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

Yay tampoed intake warnings. Aren't the super parts colored wrong though?

YF-19’s Fast Packs color is on the grey side while VF-19Adv’s Fast Packs is more on the green side. I think. Please feel free to correct me if this is wrong. ;)

Edited by no3Ljm

3 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

I can repaint the wing-stripes black if need be, but if they don’t correct the chest and ventral fin colors (they’re backwards) I think it’ll be a deal-killer—-I’m not going to try to match the red and  repaint the whole thing just to make it “match how it’s always looked”.   They’re a half-step away from a fan-scheme as it is.  

The colors are reversed because this is the Kelvin timeline YF-19. Which means instead of being 18 meters tall like the Prime YF-19, it's 180 meters tall. Makes sense, right? :)

41 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

Going to try to po 6pcs.

3 to display in each mode, 2 for misb, 1 to try and trade for Kairos. Did I miss out any.. :ph34r:

Yeah. One more for ‘just in case’. I’m sure you knew that already. :p

51 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

That section of the chest is molded differently, so there's a black stripe above and below the red,

45 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

snip

After looking at it more, I think I see what you guys mean now. It seems like the red chest fin doesn't even really exist on the original design; both the animation and the Arcadia toy depict the chest as a solid block with red paint on the upper panel and black on the lower. The DX, on the other hand, adds a black recess and changes what was red-painted armor into a fin, doing that whole area in the style of Gundam chest vents.

Hm... Now I can't not notice it... Ignorance truly was bliss.

36 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Is it me or is this an exact same mold as the vf-19 advance, with split canopy n the other extras? Although if those missles do come with it, I don’t mind getting it as i love extra missles

Yes... not much reason for many changes beside the canopy... of course the painting will also be different and you won't get the VF-25 style boosters (obviously you get plenty of other stuff). Someone also said they thought the ankle area had been tweaked... 

Oh man since it’s pretty much the same mold as the Vf-19 advance I hope they improve the plastic quality. I remember reports of people have breakage around the intakes. I’m still debating if I want this. I’m pretty happy with my Arcadia. I sold my advance a while back to get this, but I’m having second thoughts.

1 hour ago, jenius said:

Yes... not much reason for many changes beside the canopy... of course the painting will also be different and you won't get the VF-25 style boosters (obviously you get plenty of other stuff). Someone also said they thought the ankle area had been tweaked... 

They've entirely remolded the heel on the foot, and.... made it horrendously blocky.  They basically changed it to the style seen on the battroid pics, at the cost of looking ugly in fighter mode, because now it's too short and too thick, even so far as sticking up above the top of the leg.  WTF Bandai?  It has literally NEVER looked like that in any drawing, animation, or model.  :rolleyes: 

But yeah.  Maybe I'll do some parts swapping with the Advance version.. the colors being swapped doesn't even bother me in comparison to those fugly printed markings on the wings.  They couldn't even get UN SPACY to fit inside the stripe, so you can't just paint over it, you have to strip it AND paint it. <_< 

Edited by Chronocidal

2 hours ago, IXTL said:

Looking at the higher res scans, it does look like the heel/thruster pieces are indeed different from the VF-19 Advance.

I forget where I read this, but the Advance explicitly has VF-25-style/era feet installed. Probably all a part of refitting a VF-19EF Cariburn to fifth-gen (sixth-gen?) specs.

33 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

They've entirely remolded the heel on the foot, and.... made it horrendously blocky.  They basically changed it to the style seen on the battroid pics, at the cost of looking ugly in fighter mode, because now it's too short and too thick, even so far as sticking up above the top of the leg.  WTF Bandai?  It has literally NEVER looked like that in any drawing, animation, or model.

I think the general shape is pretty accurate to what I remember in the movie. The heel was never pointed like the toe was; that didn't start 'til Frontier. As for rising above the leg... I'm gonna chalk that up to poor handling. Note one foot looks fine while the other is clearly mistransformed. The pics in general seem to reflect handling by someone who didn't try too hard.

33 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

But yeah.  Maybe I'll do some parts swapping with the Advance version.. the colors being swapped doesn't even bother me in comparison to those fugly printed markings on the wings.  They couldn't even get UN SPACY to fit inside the stripe, so you can't just paint over it, you have to strip it AND paint it. <_< 

The more flaws people point out, the less hype I get. STOP IT! :p

But can we agree this is the most comprehensive version of the yf-19 to be released so far? I can over look any minor detail changes so long as it's well designed, durable and looks amazing in the cabinet. Maybe more importantly, that it looks well next the future yf-21 bandai release (I hope). Arcadia had a height issue with their one I believe. 

Edited by TrickyCustomer

For this crowd, nothing is “most comprehensive.” There’s always flaws, and from reading some comments those flaws are practically fatal. No Valkyrie has been immune. 

But they still buy multiples. :)

This may not exceed Arcadia’s effort, but what killed Arcadia for me was the fat intake lip. They had to strike a balance between Battroid and Fighter modes, since the 19 has all kinds of anime magic going on, and that compromise wrecked the lines for me. Plus the lack of tampo printing and the floppy ankles made me say “no.”  

I do hope Bandai learned from their excellent 31 toys and threw in some ratcheting joints.