BANDAI DX YF-19!!

seti88

32 minutes ago, treatment said:

Guess what I mean is that they're quite gappy on that mag spread.

from Jenius':

Arcadia-YF-19-2.jpg

I wonder if Arcadia YF 19 knee / leg gaps in fighter mode was a conscious decision or they just completely forgot that part it should be covered, I mean even the Yamato is covered up , nonetheless the Arcadia and VF 19 are the best ones until probably this new release. 

Looks nice, but I just can't be bothered...funds are tight..honeymoon this summer and I'm about to buy a camera system for the house.  Already have the Arcadia 19 with the Shapeways Arm Cannon, so I'm good.  I bet this pre-order is gonna go in less than 5 minutes...if not waaay less. Good luck to those who try though! 

3 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I bet this pre-order is gonna go in less than 5 minutes...if not waaay less.

more like less than 5 seconds. :(

Edited by anime52k8

This is most likely going to take the top spot as my favorite and best VF toy to date. It’s currently held by the VF-19Advance, but this one has better markings (I much prefer UN Spacy over SMS). I just hope the new way the cockpit opens won’t result in a total fail like the Arcadia YF-19’s cockpit.

4 hours ago, chyll2 said:

31252978_10216717150664742_3539126096412803072_n.jpg

31277624_10216717150504738_3367076101741346816_n.jpg

13 hours ago, Falcon said:

Well that'd normally be ok but even the MB Strike has a YouTube clip announcement- the YF-19 has got nothing. Which makes me a little suspicious/surprised...

Normally the Tamashii website would have something hinted by now...

Love it! Arm Cannon! Woohoo! :wub: :good: See, Falcon. Like I said, just a little bit of patience and this thread will get bombard by new photos and updates. Though thru 'Quote' since it's the same image over and over. Like what I'm doing now. Hehehe. But the point is, this IS happening and all of us should have it. Don't yah agree? ^_^  

14 hours ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Well that makes me feel better, IXTL has always been spot on (for some reason I didn't associate him with the news update :wacko:). Thanks Noel!

-b.

No problemo, B! ;) 

13 hours ago, eXis10z said:

Going by public declarations by some members of not using NY after the Kairos debacle, not a lot hopefully. :ph34r:

Oh, NY will still get used no matter what. The moment they don't secure a preorder from the other stores. Count on it. :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

yay!!!! arm cannon 

@no3Ljm you need to get more than one now ;)

I'm thinking, David. ^_^ Should I postpone my re-evaluation thingy? And just worry the money later? Hahaha! :lol: 

4 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

maybe separate bandai web exclusive? 

i'm happy the arm cannon made it in the main ad:lol:

if it does include the fold booster and missiles i expect a high shipping cost for the weight of everything.

I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same box size as the VF-19Advance. 

49 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

I bet this pre-order is gonna go in less than 5 minutes...if not waaay less. Good luck to those who try though! 

No worries. We still have NY as a back-up. Like I said, NY will still be used -- no matter what. ;) 

Just a thought since there's no website update on this gorgeous bird. Maybe the PO is not this Friday? I mean, as much as I'm excited, I wouldn't mind if the PO will be on a latter date. Atleast, I can focus on securing a MB Strike this Thur/Fri. :rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Oh, NY will still get used no matter what. The moment they don't secure a preorder from the other stores. Count on it. :rolleyes:

If you can get past N-Y's spinning wheel of death that is! Still this isnt a web exclusive, so i guess any issues would be minimum?  *knock on wood*

Just now, no3Ljm said:

Just a thought since there's no website update on this gorgeous bird. Maybe the PO is not this Friday? I mean, as much as I'm excited, I wouldn't mind if the PO will be on a latter date. Atleast, I can focus on securing a MB Strike this Thur/Fri. :rolleyes:

Hmmm....thats some jedi mind trick powers you have there.....

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Love it! Arm Cannon! Woohoo! :wub: :good: See, Falcon. Like I said, just a little bit of patience and this thread will get bombard by new photos and updates. Though thru 'Quote' since it's the same image over and over. Like what I'm doing now. Hehehe. But the point is, this IS happening and all of us should have it. Don't yah agree? ^_^  

Yeah you're right, man. Should have been more patient. :lol:

Definitely gonna be looking out for it on Friday. I just can't say no to a YF-19 like that... :wub:

11 minutes ago, seti88 said:

If you can get past N-Y's spinning wheel of death that is! Still this isnt a web exclusive, so i guess any issues would be minimum?  *knock on wood*

Hmmm....thats some jedi mind trick powers you have there.....

I heard people here will not order from NY anymore. So issues will be minimum. :ph34r:

*Knock on wood too that they don't really order at NY just to ease the web traffic*. :p

And yeah, I'm hoping that the PO should be move. Need to get that MB Strike. Even if thru NY. :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Man that does look nice. Maybe I should get two after all...

WE should! WE should! :clapping:

7 minutes ago, Falcon said:

Yeah you're right, man. Should have been more patient. :lol:

Definitely gonna be looking out for it on Friday. I just can't say no to a YF-19 like that... :wub:

Well, good things comes to those who wait. That's how the saying, right? ^_^ 

Just now, Kanedas Bike said:

Upping my order count to 3+

I'll either save or sell whatever I need to, plus the release date is around my Birthday

-b.

Me too. Me too. I'm thinking of selling some extras. Just need to decide which ones since I love them all. Hehehe. :lol: 

Happy Birthday B! :drinks:

7 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

What month does this come out? I might have to sell two of my 19 Advance and replace them with this.

September. Will need 2 of these minimum.

Am I the only one irritated that Bandai decided to continue their overzealous tampo splattering across every surface of the plane, despite there being no actual precedent for the markings they've added?  <_<  I know people like more tampo, but this just makes me think I'm going to spend a ton of time stripping the excess markings off, and touching up whatever paint I foul up I the process.  The markings on the upper wings are just excessive, and ugly to me, since they break up the nice black stripes.  They should have just stuck to Hasegawa as a reference.

I dunno.  I want at least a pair for the missiles, cannons, and boosters, but they clearly didn't bother actually addressing a bunch of the differences between the Advance and YF-19.  Connection between the head and shield is still borked up, though at least it looks like they ditched the extra neck cover attached to the arm shield this time.  Didn't bother to reverse the red and black markings on the lower fins, and maybe the chest.  And yeah.. those heel blocks really don't look attractive at all, even if they're meant to more accurately resemble the YF-19.

11 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Am I the only one irritated that Bandai decided to continue their overzealous tampo splattering across every surface of the plane, despite there being no actual precedent for the markings they've added?  <_<  I know people like more tampo, but this just makes me think I'm going to spend a ton of time stripping the excess markings off, and touching up whatever paint I foul up I the process.  The markings on the upper wings are just excessive, and ugly to me, since they break up the nice black stripes.  They should have just stuck to Hasegawa as a reference.

I dunno.  I want at least a pair for the missiles, cannons, and boosters, but they clearly didn't bother actually addressing a bunch of the differences between the Advance and YF-19.  Connection between the head and shield is still borked up, though at least it looks like they ditched the extra neck cover attached to the arm shield this time.  Didn't bother to reverse the red and black markings on the lower fins, and maybe the chest.  And yeah.. those heel blocks really don't look attractive at all, even if they're meant to more accurately resemble the YF-19.

You bring up a good point.

I was trying to figure out where i have seen UNSpacy or even New Edwards Air base markings on the wings anytime before.
It could be in the this is animation special book, but i dont exactly have that on me to check it out. 

Am still stoked to have one version of the 19 tampo printed, although yes, it might seem excessive on the wings for example. 

18 minutes ago, seti88 said:

You bring up a good point.

I was trying to figure out where i have seen UNSpacy or even New Edwards Air base markings on the wings anytime before.
It could be in the this is animation special book, but i dont exactly have that on me to check it out. 

Am still stoked to have one version of the 19 tampo printed, although yes, it might seem excessive on the wings for example. 

I've never seen those markings in any official image of the YF-19, full stop.  I've maybe seen people put the UN SPACY stickers on the upper right wing, but the N.E.T.F.C thing is something I'm guessing Bandai dreamed up all on their own.  Maybe it's from something they saw in the Master File?

Either way, the letters on both wings and tails are just obnoxiously huge.  If they absolutely had to put them there, the least they could have done is use a smaller font.. then maybe the UN SPACY would have actually fit completely within the black stripe. :rolleyes:  I'll have to see how hard it is to strip those without ruining the black stripes on the wings.  At least black isn't a hard color to match.

Despite the nitpicks though, I still plan on grabbing at least two.. if CD Japan allows more than one, I might double up my order there, and grab three.  Would love to have one to display on my desk at work. :) 

Edited by Chronocidal

I have a fair amount of 19 toys, but I'm still rocking the original Yamato 1/60 for the YF-19. This is a really nice looking piece and might be a good replacement. That said, I have to imagine this is way more popular than anything from Delta and those were/are a pain in the ass to get. So I'd like to upgrade, but it's probably better for my sanity if I just don't even bother.