Bandai 1/1800 SDF-1

Tochiro

It doesn't appear at this time to be a kit but there's not a whole lot to go off of right now. Remember Yamato wanted to make their 1/2000 but ultimately settled on 1/3000 so who knows what will happen between now and a launch... if that ever happens at all.

While I like the idea that Bandai will do a 1/1800 scale SDF-1, I am personally quite satisfied with my Yamato 1/3000 version. It just barely fits in my display cabinet as it is. I'm assuming something that much larger in scale probably will have cool gimicks as well, and will be much higher in price. Would I love to own one? Sure! But, the reality for me is that I'm probably not going to spend that kind of money on just 1 item. I'd personally use the money to fill other items missing in my collection. Again, only because I already have the Yamato version.

While I like the idea that Bandai will do a 1/1800 scale SDF-1, I am personally quite satisfied with my Yamato 1/3000 version. It just barely fits in my display cabinet as it is. I'm assuming something that much larger in scale probably will have cool gimicks as well, and will be much higher in price. Would I love to own one? Sure! But, the reality for me is that I'm probably not going to spend that kind of money on just 1 item. I'd personally use the money to fill other items missing in my collection. Again, only because I already have the Yamato version.

Although I am still getting the Bandai 1/1800 (if only because I have seen what Bandai can do gimmick-wise on these type of releases), I would totally prefer same scale ships in my collection. With that said, I am really hoping Arcadia does go for a 1/3000 TV SDF-1....at this point it is the only thing that would provide enough of a WOW factor to counter the Blitzkrieg Bandai just subjected them to.

Right now Arcadia can position itself better by being the company that can re-release a 1/3000 DYRL SDF-1 quickly AND deliver on a 1/3000 TV SDF-1 in late 2016 or early 2017.

Bandai, IMO, is in a position where they cannot really announce a 1/1800 TV SDF-1 anytime soon because it would just cannibalize its own sales of the yet unreleased 1/1800 DYRL SDF-1. In this respect, Arcadia can have the advantage by quickly re-releasing their DYRL for those that want it NOW and don't care for the TV-type and put their TV-type into a fast-track development schedule.....

in-between they can re-release the sure bets (right in time to beat or simultaneously release along with the HMR versions): VT-1 Super Ostrich (with standard "options" plus 1/60 Hikaru and Misa "playset" which includes tent, radioactive fish, and cooking fire can, VE-1 ElintSeeker with standard option part, VF-1D with standard option parts plus "battle damaged" left arm, Hasegawa collaboration Super/Strike parts with a variety of waterslide decals to customize your packs, etc....Arcadia really needs to think outside the box......they had the right idea when they released the 1/60 Fire Bomber set.....they should really do more of that...

They should also copy what Bandai did with their HMR line at the Tamashii event, which is to start polling their "niche" clientele on what exactly they want to see Arcadia produce and they should ask to backup these "votes" with pre-order cash deposits.....

At this point Arcadia can survive as a boutique purveyor of ultra-niche (and unfortunately pricey) Valkyrie designs.....

Of course, this will only work-out if Bandai does not go all out on a line of 1/60-ish DX Legacy Valkyries....if that hapens....

Edited by jvmacross

So this thing won't be a kit right? Like their perfect grade version of Sdf-1 ? It would be much cheaper if it was a kit.

This was a Tamashii Nations event. Not a hobby show. Tamashii Nations doesn't produce model kits, Bandai Hobby does. They're basically two separate companies

I missed on the Yamato 1/3000, so I'll take the chance to get a bigger one (if I can afford it). People in the know here mentioned that the display piece looked like a rapid prototype (possibly rushed up for the show), so I'm guessing the final version will be as detailed as the Yamato one. What excites me the most about this is the customizing possibilities: if the toy doesn't include lights out of the box, I'm definitely adding some myself!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i am seeing almost the same amount of detail as the Yamato release.

hoping it'll have the same gimmick where the panel can be removed to reveal Macross City

For a scale this big I would be disappointed if they didn't include that feature.

• 1 month later...

If it would be happening it would be all over the main page. Actually, any bit of important info would be posted there so I would just check there periodically. Just letting anyone know because me being ignorant, I didn't know it was there before as I had the Forums section bookmarked instead of the main page since I first signed up.

It's the tab marked Main site- www.macrossworld.com under the MacrossWorld banner. You can see info on the latest podcast, facebook page stuff and whatever else is important.

You can follow this topic and have notifications sent to your email or notifications tab on the upper right side of the page You can change your notification options to what suites you. That way if there is any new posts in this thread it will be sent to you.

Edited by wmkjr

• 1 month later...

Comic-Con Exclusive sized boxes.

If it's that big it'll cost $ 75 just to ship.

Good thing vaporware ships for free.

-b.

j/k!!! I have no idea if this is vaporware or not, no one get in a Macross-fueled rage

Edited by Kanedas Bike