Bandai 1/1800 SDF-1

Tochiro

Approximate size comparison between the Yamato 1/3000 and Bandai 1/1800

YDCI4oo.jpg

That Bandai one is HUGE if that's to scale. Also, the Yamato one looks like it had a hard night and just woke up.

Honestly I think we need more information on this before we can say that "Yamato/Arcadia have been outplayed". I am also very excited to see an SDF-1 at this scale, but so far we don't know if it even transforms. Seems to me that they would have showed it in both modes unless this is a super early version.

crikey! the 1:3000 is big enough but that 1:1800 is gonna seem huge! :o where to display it! I was hoping that Arcadia would re-issue their 1:3000 SDF-1 but I think I'd more likely go with the 1:1800 scale ship instead! Bigger is better right! :D right!?!? :unsure:

With things like the SDF-1 bigger is always better in my book. When the Yamato 1/2000 came out, one of the biggest complaints was how to fit it into a display case or a shelf.

I say forget the how & where, just buy it, own it and you'll figure something out! :lol:

With things like the SDF-1 bigger is always better in my book. When the Yamato 1/2000 came out, one of the biggest complaints was how to fit it into a display case or a shelf.

I say forget the how & where, just buy it, own it and you'll figure something out! :lol:

If I am able to get one, the SDF-1 will be sitting on couch watching TV with me. :lol:

There's one auction going on on Yahoo Japan for the Yamato figure, and it's already gone past $750.

If this is less than that then I will happily buy it. I was really, really hoping that Arcadia would have re-released their figure, but you snooze you lose.

Edited by Magnus

That's cool...only way to pay for more Macross! ^_^

How I wish, sir. How I wish... :wacko:

Woooooow. Yeah, way outside my price range.

Oh well, I suppose I could settle for a smaller version. :unsure:

Is the Hasegawa kit scale is ok for now? ;)

Honestly I think we need more information on this before we can say that "Yamato/Arcadia have been outplayed". I am also very excited to see an SDF-1 at this scale, but so far we don't know if it even transforms. Seems to me that they would have showed it in both modes unless this is a super early version.

It's like what I mentioned yesterday, that it might not be transformable and if so, it might be parts-former or something. It might even be hollow or made of PVC/vinyl instead. And it didn't mentioned that it's a transformable in the info card as well. But yeah, would be nice if this is a transformable, light-up SDF-1. :wub:

crikey! the 1:3000 is big enough but that 1:1800 is gonna seem huge! :o where to display it! I was hoping that Arcadia would re-issue their 1:3000 SDF-1 but I think I'd more likely go with the 1:1800 scale ship instead! Bigger is better right! :D right!?!? :unsure:

Uhm, you could sell off your multiple VF-1's then you'll have room, Spanner. :lol: Don't forget to PM me of your list, ok? ^_^

There's one auction going on on Yahoo Japan for the Yamato figure, and it's already gone past $750.

If this is less than that then I will happily buy it. I was really, really hoping that Arcadia would have re-released their figure, but you snooze you lose.

Yeah, I'm waiting for a re-release too. It's a small chance, but, you'll never know... look what they did to VF-4G. :rolleyes:

Does the bridge seem over-sized to anyone else? It looks closer to the proportions of the TV version. Maybe a compromise to accommodate the bridge lighting?

Maybe they got inspired with that Hybrid Hasegawa's SDF-1. ;)

Wonder how many Japanese (and others) collectors share your sentiment.....because this is exactly what I feared would happen to an Arcadia 1/3000 re-release...too little (no pun intended) and now too late.... ;)

Thus my comment about Arcadia being "outplayed" by Bandai.......Bandai pulled an Ace.....not too many collectors, if any, would double-dip on a 1/3000 re-release of an Arcadia DYRL SDF-1 with Bandai's future "toy of the year" on the horizon....and if they do not have a 1/3000....many will wait and see where the 1/1800 goes....in execution and price....

Arcadia does not want to take risks these days........they need sure bets...thus the re-release of the VF-4G.....suddenly, the 1/3000 SDF-1 no longer seems like a sure bet for Arcadia.....

An Arcadia 1/3000 TV SDF-1 on the other hand........(but quickly, before Bandai can get a 1/1800 TV SDF-1 to market...or even prototyped....)

Wonder how many Japanese (and others) collectors share your sentiment.....because this is exactly what I feared would happen to an Arcadia 1/3000 re-release...too little (no pun intended) and now too late.... ;)

Thus my comment about Arcadia being "outplayed" by Bandai.......Bandai pulled an Ace.....not too many collectors, if any, would double-dip on a 1/3000 re-release of an Arcadia DYRL SDF-1 with Bandai's future "toy of the year" on the horizon....and if they do not have a 1/3000....many will wait and see where the 1/1800 goes....in execution and price....

Arcadia does not want to take risks these days........they need sure bets...thus the re-release of the VF-4G.....suddenly, the 1/3000 SDF-1 no longer seems like a sure bet for Arcadia.....

An Arcadia 1/3000 TV SDF-1 on the other hand........(but quickly, before Bandai can get a 1/1800 TV SDF-1 to market...or even prototyped....)

I think there would still be a market for the Arcadia 1/3000. It is better proportioned, will fit more people's display space, and would likely be a lot cheaper. If they included the previously kit only add-ons like the waterslide decals, glow in the dark stickers, and possibly the photo-etch parts (though that would require some painting which might be a bit much to expect the average toy buyer to bother with), that would seriously sweeten the deal (but not the destroyed cannon parts as that requires disassembly to swap to those parts and came as unpainted yellowish resin).

I want the Micro Macross line to get released.

Don't think we would get Zentradi ships though, but maybe Vajra and Vajra ships?

The scales may be compatible with the Chogokin Macross Quarter.

Wait.....Micro Macross??? Is that what it's being called?

Why no "R" for this line Bandai? Or did you forget you had already started one? :rolleyes:

gallery_12176_633_205393.jpg

Approximate size comparison between the Yamato 1/3000 and Bandai 1/1800

YDCI4oo.jpg

Hey Gunn, anyway you could put one together comparing the 1/100 VF-1, 1/60 VF-1, 1/48 VF-1, and the new 1/35 VF-1?

Edited by jvmacross

Currently both the 1/1800 Macross and 1/700 mini figures are branded as Micro Macross. If the brand doesn't go through. I would expect the Macross to be released under the Soul of Chogokin line and the 1/700 figures will just come with it, like how the Iron Gear and Ideon had mini figures.

Maybe Bandai will scale it down to 1/3000.

Dunno.....I think Bandai selecting 1/1800 is a very deliberate move.

It circumvents the two scales already released by Yamato and/or indicates that Arcadia may still have the license for one or both of the previously used scales for the DYRL SDF-1....

Bandai has Arcadia against the ropes....Arcadia should come out of it swinging with a 1/3000 TV SDF-1 announcement....or just simply have Mr. K throw in the towel with a cry of "no mas...Macross!" ;)

Arcadia will need to come up with something.. well they have the Zero-S, RA & CF-0 but then that's it.. and those are spaced out pretty far and we won't see that lot of stuff completed till mid next year.. Then what Arcadia? You guys better get your game on!

Edited by spanner76

Dunno.....I think Bandai selecting 1/1800 is a very deliberate move.

It circumvents the two scales already released by Yamato and/or indicates that Arcadia may still have the license for one or both of the previously used scales for the DYRL SDF-1....

Bandai has Arcadia against the ropes....Arcadia should come out of it swinging with a 1/3000 TV SDF-1 announcement....or just simply have Mr. K throw in the towel with a cry of "no mas...Macross!" ;)

arcadia should sock em to bandai by releasing 1/100 delta valks!

Impressive. What if Bandai releases a 1/1800 TV SDF-1 after this? I'll definitely buy it.

Well....Bandai certainly has set a precedent with their ultra detailed Jumbo DX Mazinger Z...they are now set to release the same thing but in Great Mazinger form....

GMZ_8574__46747.1435037654.1280.1280.jpg

Edited by jvmacross